Its hard to picture the end times

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Swimmy
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Its hard to picture the end times

Post by Swimmy »

Will people seriously be that blind? We live in a age of information and everyone I know even none believers have heard of the tribulation, the anti Christ and the events that unfold. In this day and age these things seem to be common knowledge even for the most non religious of folks that it would be hard for me picture this many people getting duped by the anti Christ.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Its hard to picture the end times

Post by ageofknowledge »

Just look at how they threw themselves before Obama practically worshipping him. The tactics will be the same. The difference is the anti-Christ will have real power behind him not just a good set of oratory skills and the backing of the media. He'll be able to make an earth shattering speech promising to unite the entire world in a single belief system and end misery forever calling down fire from heaven as proof of his authority to do so.

Revelation 13:13 (New International Version) "13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men."

You better be grounded in your faith friend when this guy shows up or you're going to get swept off your feet by him.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Frightning isn't it :crying: Where do you think he will emerge from? i have hunch its islam...
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
ninjapotato
Newbie Member

Post by ninjapotato »

I think it will be an atheist. Look at Europe and the festering atheism that grows like a cancer every day.

The idea of no God sounds good because it implies anything is acceptable, which is why people adopt it

so commonly. The western world is slowly whiting out God for personal desires.

Though Islam is growing, for reasons I don't know.
Zangetsu
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Zangetsu »

Does anyone have an opinion as to how close we are to the end of times? I understand that Matthew 24:36 states that, but I'm just looking for an opinion.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Closer now than we've ever been, but beyond that, I have no idea.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Sudsy
Established Member

Post by Sudsy »

I just wonder how so many believers might react if something is discovered that proves the book of Revelation was written in the AD60s and most all of these prophesies were already fulfilled by AD70 ? The Preterists would probably have quite a celebration. In our adult Sunday School class we are just looking at an overview of Revelation by R.C. Sproul and he is one with the Partial Preterist view. I'm not completely sold on it but there certainly is a lot of good arguments for it.

Regarding the antichrist, Preterists believe he was Nero whose name numerically adds up to 666 as can be seen here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_(preterism)
Hmmm, this doesn't seem to work so click on this after making the initial link - 'Did you mean: The Beast (preterism)'

At this point I'm a Panmillenialist - it will all pan out in the end. Relax, God is in control.

When it comes to being 'duped', I think we already are getting duped by more obvious things like the prosperity gospel of health and wealth.
1harpazo
Recognized Member

Post by 1harpazo »

Sudsy wrote:I just wonder how so many believers might react if something is discovered that proves the book of Revelation was written in the AD60s and most all of these prophesies were already fulfilled by AD70 ? The Preterists would probably have quite a celebration. In our adult Sunday School class we are just looking at an overview of Revelation by R.C. Sproul and he is one with the Partial Preterist view. I'm not completely sold on it but there certainly is a lot of good arguments for it.

Regarding the antichrist, Preterists believe he was Nero whose name numerically adds up to 666 as can be seen here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_(preterism)
Hmmm, this doesn't seem to work so click on this after making the initial link - 'Did you mean: The Beast (preterism)'

At this point I'm a Panmillenialist - it will all pan out in the end. Relax, God is in control.

When it comes to being 'duped', I think we already are getting duped by more obvious things like the prosperity gospel of health and wealth.
How's your Sunday School class doing going through the Revelation? Is there a consensus about what you've studied?