The Anti-Christ

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
obsolete
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

The Anti-Christ

Post by obsolete »

So, I was sitting here thinking about the rise of the anti-christ, and the thought popped into my head as to whether or not the anit-christ knows that it is him.

We know from scripture that the false prophet will come and then the anti-christ, that the anti-christ will suffer a mortal wound, and that Satan will embody this person to mimic the resurrection. But, would the anti-christ know that his actions here are the ones that the anti-christ will make? I would love to here thoughts about this either from a theoretical perspetive or even hard line Biblical ones. y:-?
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The Anti-Christ

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

obsolete wrote: would the anti-christ know that his actions here are the ones that the anti-christ will make?
I think that the Antichrist would probably not know his own identity.

Non-believers do the work of evil, yet they are sincere and often «good» people (good after the fashion of the world.) Take a look at the non-believers who post on these forums; none would say «I serve Satan,» yet they do...in ignorance.

Another point: children of the Light - believers - see Where they are going and know Who they are following, for Jesus is both the Way and the Life. The other people - those on the Broad Road - are carried along by the crowd on that road to nowhere. I'm sure most of them sincerely believe that the Broad Road is the right way because so many people are on it...and for no other reason.

The seventh rule of Tichonius...is about the devil and his body. For he is the head of the wicked, who are in a sense his body, and destined to go with him into the punishment of everlasting fire, just as Christ is the head of the Church, which is His body, destined to be with him in His eternal kingdom and glory. -Augustine, On Christian Doctrine, chap. 35

So, Satan - the great Deceiver - just may deceive his Top Man, just as he deceives most of his followers.

FL

PS...this is just idle speculation on my part. I am not really concerned with the Antichrist - I just had a little time on my hands and decided to address the question asked.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Zebulon
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Zebulon »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I think that the Antichrist would probably not know his own identity.
Right Fürstentum, but what if we do not know until simplicity comes out. Read Revelation 13 :

13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Simple, the Dragon is China (everybody knows that it is the symbol of China) and the Bear is Russia. Two communist (against Christ and all sort of Gods). An atheist regime. They where communist at the same time in history, not long ago... Suddenly they became capitalism... under a very well orchastrated ly.

13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

as it were wounded to death; Mickael Gorbashev? Look at his head. It is to easy? as it were wounded to death;

He is forming a new party in Russia. and his deadly wound was healed: To easy?

Just speculating on Revelation of John.

Scotch to that ;o)

Zebulon who as more.
Zebulon
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Zebulon »

Davidjayjordan
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Davidjayjordan »

I would definitely say He KNOWS...

As the devil and his forces already know prophecy and their exact timing of when they will be taking over. Their devils through people have for years and decades and more, been conspiring to take over and have...via Illuminati manipulations.

The AC has been trained for years and years on what to do and how to think before his final possession by the devil takes place. Just as our TWO CHRISTIAN PROPHETS have been trained for years and years so is the devil preparing his two.

The AC just doesn't appear on the scene without help, and without massive infrastructure supporting him. They know, He knows as the Lord has given them their short time to take over the whole worl, while we gather and fight in defense of the Lord's encampment. TTL !!