God's kingdom

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

God's kingdom

Post by jenna »

What are some points of view on the Kingdom of God? Is it a future event or is it already here?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
JCSx2
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Re: God's kingdom

Post by JCSx2 »

I believe he already has a Kingdom; we just are not in his yet. We are in a different Dimension completely. When the second coming comes and all are judged and taken in to heaven or cast out to hell; then we will be in another dimension with God with new bodies. Or as far as the cast out people they will be in another dimension with new bodies that can withstand burning and pain and hell conditions forever.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Iggy
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

the kingdom of God contains a big, big house... with lots and lots of rooms. A big big table, with lots n lots of food. A big big yard, where we can play football. A big big house... it's my fathers house...
Justin Eigenmann
Kindsbach Germany
US Air Force
Justin_Eigenmann@yahoo.com
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Iggy wrote:the kingdom of God contains a big, big house... with lots and lots of rooms. A big big table, with lots n lots of food. A big big yard, where we can play football. A big big house... it's my fathers house...
A big yard where you can play football? :ermm: :whistle:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Swamper
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Swamper »

jenwat3 wrote:
Iggy wrote:the kingdom of God contains a big, big house... with lots and lots of rooms. A big big table, with lots n lots of food. A big big yard, where we can play football. A big big house... it's my fathers house...
Iggy was quoting a song.
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Um, ok. That certainly answers my question about God's kingdom! :whistle: :scratch:
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

jenwat3 wrote:
What's heaven without Football? :sunny:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
FFC

Post by FFC »

I believe that the kingdom of God is where we are spiritually the moment we put our trust is Jesus christ for salvation and enter into eternal life. It is not a place as much as a new spiritual economy for believers. You could also call it the reign of God that starts within us on a spiritual level but one day when Christ comes again and rules in the Millenium with an iron rod it will encompass all.

It is interesting that the wicked are also mentioned in Jesus' parables of the kingdom. This tells me that it is not heaven since God can have no sin before Him. The wicked are affected and exposed to it but not a part of it.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:What's heaven without Football? :sunny:
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

(Go Big Blue!)
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:
FFC wrote:What's heaven without Football? :sunny:
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

(Go Big Blue!)
:mrgreen: <-----Eagle fan but not sure why I am smiling.

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

:brick: :whistle: