Great Tribulation

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
KrisW
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Great Tribulation

Post by KrisW »

Harry12345 wrote: Before the great tribulation, are you going to do anything to prepare for it?
Ahhhh....accept Jesus Christ as my Personal Savior?!!?!??! y:-?

Harry12345 wrote:
You are going to be PERSECUTED.

Yeah...soooo...what else is new????? :lol:
When fascism come to America it will be wearing black robes and carrying the scales of Justice("but don't touch the oil or the wine")
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

This subject of the great tribulation actually truly frightens me. Note that God says "Pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape". (Luke 21:36) How are we to know who God will actually decide who is "worthy" and who isn't?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

jenwat3 wrote:This subject of the great tribulation actually truly frightens me. Note that God says "Pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape". (Luke 21:36) How are we to know who God will actually decide who is "worthy" and who isn't?
Whether you go through it or not is not the worry. It's whether you come out on the right side AFTER. Put your faith in Jesus and it matters not what happens to you/me. What's the worst than can happen?? Death? Jesus already conquered death. It's not a problem.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

It is true that if we put our faith in Christ, we will be saved. My biggest fear is that I will turn away amid fierce persecution and torture, for it does say this will happen. If I turn my back on Christ during torture, what happens to me then? :cry: I fear I may not be strong enough to hold out.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

jenwat3 wrote:It is true that if we put our faith in Christ, we will be saved. My biggest fear is that I will turn away amid fierce persecution and torture, for it does say this will happen. If I turn my back on Christ during torture, what happens to me then? :cry: I fear I may not be strong enough to hold out.
Isn't there somewhere that says we wont be tested past what we cannot take?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Yes, but wasn't that talking about temptation? :econfused: My biggest wish is that if I am not counted worthy to escape this, that He will simply allow me to die, rather than face everything that will happen.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

jenwat3 wrote:Yes, but wasn't that talking about temptation? :econfused: My biggest wish is that if I am not counted worthy to escape this, that He will simply allow me to die, rather than face everything that will happen.
Are you afraid to die?? Being a Christian? I'll admit I'm not looking TO die, but I'm not afraid to die.

Maybe...just maybe...you're hoping YOU can endure Tribulation when it is not YOU that endures, but through Jesus WILL endure.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

No I am not afraid to die, but it is the MANNER of death that frightens me. I am afraid that under torture I may recant God.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

jenwat3 wrote:No I am not afraid to die, but it is the MANNER of death that frightens me. I am afraid that under torture I may recant God.
Exactly what I was eluding to before. Don't be afraid if you trust in God.
FFC
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

jenwat3 wrote:No I am not afraid to die, but it is the MANNER of death that frightens me. I am afraid that under torture I may recant God.
Jenna, God will give you the grace to get through anything. He knows our hearts that we are dust. All He asks is that we have faith and trust that He will be with us in the hardest of times...and even if we don't remain faithful, He always will be. There is a difference between turning out hearts away from God out of defience, and letting fear take over. God Knows our true motives. Even Peter who denied that he knew Christ was forgiven. God knows our true motives.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

"He that seeks to save his life will lose it". Does this not mean that if we deny God to save our lives He will deny us? I don't think Peter was under fear of death.
Zebulon
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Zebulon »

Hello Jenna, and hello all... since it is my first writing in this Board!

I arrived to this message Board by typing - Is Jesus Back? - in Google. I have read a lot of the posts since 3 to 4 days and arrived to a conclusion : The scriptures are the writings but the books are the instruments (as tools). And I think we still live in a world of lies.

Take your bible in your hand, closed. Now feel it. It is a book, a tool that contains nothing less or more than some translated writings. Translations from many languages that had been written by many people as well. Now open your bible at John 3 and read the first response that Jesus gives to Necodemus.
It will probably be - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God -

In one of the french versions of the Bible I've got it says - Verily, verily, I say to you: no one unless born from above, can see the kingdom of God.

It is quite different is it not?

This french version was translated directly from the original texts (Hebrew, Aramic, Greek). To me it is still a translation.

And, nevetheless, some translations in most of the Bibles are exactly the same or can be translated with its full meaning. - Do to others as you would like others do to you -.

y@};- Victor
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Okay Zebulon-Victor,

You are re-translating something that has already been translated, which is why you are confusing yourself. In French - since you are from Québec, as am I - this is known as the "téléphone arabe, " that is, the perversion of the meaning of something as it is passed through several hands.

Stop this.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Okay Zebulon-Victor,

You are re-translating something that has already been translated, which is why you are confusing yourself. In French - since you are from Québec, as am I - this is known as the "téléphone arabe, " that is, the perversion of the meaning of something as it is passed through several hands.

Stop this.

FL
"telephone arabe"? I wonder why it's called that in Quebec. Shouldn't it be called 'telephone casse' (as in broken phone)? But of course, I digress; I was just curious.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Zebulon
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Zebulon »

Fürstentum,

Please tell me: where does Jesus stands in Gerald Schroeder's point of view?

Victor