Archdiocese taints the fish symbol

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Archdiocese taints the fish symbol

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Ugh! first the rainbow, now this

Story @ christiannewswire
Last edited by IRQ Conflict on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

I'll never be able to eat Rainbow Trout again...

Wouldn't you love to turn John Knox loose in one of those parish meetings?
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

aye.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

puritan lad wrote:I'll never be able to eat Rainbow Trout again...

Wouldn't you love to turn John Knox loose in one of those parish meetings?
I'd rather turn Jesus loose on them.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

We will, in His good time.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

“The Holy Scriptures clearly teach against homosexual relationships and that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. When you look at this Catholic ministry to gays it seems more of a call for people to accept their immoral orientation rather than a ministry to rescue them out of their depravity. Christ' love for our neighbor is calling them out of the darkness of sin, calling them to repentance. Acceptance or tolerance of homosexuality or any other sin puts us at enmity with God Himself. The Catholic Archdiocese in Los Angeles should be clearly reaching out in compassion to the homosexual community, but it should also clearly denounce that such lifestyles are sinful and destructive. The gospel of Jesus Christ was not only meant to offer forgiveness of sin, but freedom from it.”
I wish I could get this message through to the liberal Christians I encounter on another forum, ones who keep telling me that those who take such a position (that homosexual practices are sinful) are bigoted and homophobic, don't love their neighbour, are unChristian towards others, etc, etc.

For instance, read through the comments to Ruth Gledhill's blog on the subject of the Sexual Orientation Regulations currently before Parliament in London, and causing a lot of anxiety and anger over there.

It seems that, to love someone who is gay, the Christian must love the gay lifestyle as well - or certainly not criticize it, condemn it, or say that God calls it wicked and evil. That is being homophobic (yes, they misuse the word!) and unloving of the gay person. Instead, I would say that those who approve and promote such a lifestyle are homophobes - because the loving thing is tell the truth about where it leads someone, which is surely into unholiness and eternal death.

I would say that Phil Magnan, the Director of Biblical Family Advocates, who stated the above (which I quoted) has indeed got it right. But try to convince the liberal Christians I come across.... no way will they accept that!
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Amen, Judah.

This is a little end times separating the wheat from the chaff is all. Those that love a lie and all that.

I know you must be familliar with this scripture from Revelations but I just gotsta post it ;)

Rev 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labor, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
Rev 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast labored, and hast not fainted.
Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
Hellfire

Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Post-Modernism has moved to the point where the popular position is that there are no absolutes (except for that statement itself) therefore there is no room to make a judgement of any behavior or lifestyle.

Tolerance has become the master value. In the absence of any standard for morality, morality itself is a misnomer.

Loving the sinner but not compromising on what is sin, the need for repentance, forsaking the old life and embracing freedom from it to live anew by the grace of a loving God, is a very difficult line to walk. It's a very necessary one however.

Tolerance is only as valuable a "virtue" as that which is tolerated in "it's" name.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

With one exception, Bart. Christianity is seen as an intolerable evil. Otherwise, you are correct...

By the way, you must see this on August's Blog.