A new Topic

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Frankie Mitchell
Newbie Member

A new Topic

Post by Frankie Mitchell »

Hi
Please start a topic on when Jesus is coming back. A lot of people I hear saying that he will be coming back before all the bad things start to happen to get his Church. I personally would like for this to happen but have found no real evidence in the Bible to back it up. Plus maybe you can help solve an on going disscusion between myself and my Dad.
godslanguage

Post by godslanguage »

Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Moved her by Bart as a more appropriate forum.

You may want to check some of the other threads which deal with a lot of these issues.

Also Matt 24:36 quotes Jesus in this area as well.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Christ will return once the Great Commission has been completed (Hab. 2:14), when all the earth, including Judaizers, will worship Him (Romans 11:24-27) and His enemies are defeated (Psalm 110:1, 1 Cor. 15:24-26).

I do not believe that His Second Advent is imminent. Too much has to happen first.

God Bless,

PL
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/