Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

PL wrote:Don't forget Hal Lindsey/Jack Van Impe, etc. They make the LDS and JW's look credible.
Hal Lindsey? Wasn't he Barny Miller? :lol:

I'm sorry.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
YLTYLT
Established Member

Post by YLTYLT »

I have forgotten which ones, but supposedly there were at least 2 other ancient civilizations besides the Mayan whose calendars ended in 2012. I think one was the Iching (sp?? pronounced: E-Ching)

And the people that are researching the Bible codes found the word "comet" and 2012 in the same grid.

(not that either of these necessarily have any reliable truth to them, but it is interesting......)

"No man knows the hour ....." Jesus

I think I know the hour .... please send money. Joe Schmoe

hmmmmmm ........ who to believe?
Even though we do not know the hour, can we not know we are close by looking at what is happening in Israel. And maybe determine the year?

I have also heard consideration that the rapture will occur during the feast of trumpets. All of the major events about Christ (his birth, death, resurrection, etc..) in the Bible have happened during one of the 7 feasts. The feast of trumpets happens each year in the early fall, around September to October.

But of course He could come when NO ONE is expecting Him "as a thief in the night", therefore it might not be during the feast.
rob4chris
Newbie Member

Re: 2012

Post by rob4chris »

It totally amazes me how seemingly intelligent people would try and contradict the word of God by date-setting. Mr. russel tried it on a few occasions which led to a number of suicides within the Jehova Witness cult. Jesus told us plainly, No One knows the day nor the hour in which He will return except for Our Father..So please re examine your intelligence and realize when God says no one He included you as well.
rob4chris
Newbie Member

Post by rob4chris »

When the apostles asked Christ when all of this would come to pass ( speaking of worldly calamity ) It is then Christ tells them the time is near. So yes, we are givin the "heads up" by Jesus...in which we have had for 2000 years....Not much has changed in the world....has it.
rob4chris
Newbie Member

Post by rob4chris »

My Intellivision was unharmed! lol
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

rob4chris wrote:Jesus told us plainly, No One knows the day nor the hour in which He will return except for Our Father..So please re examine your intelligence and realize when God says no one He included you as well.
Jesus Himself didn't know. It is a pity that man choses to listen to man rather than God.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Kyle2012
Acquainted Member

Post by Kyle2012 »

to be clear, its not december 1st, its december 21st. 2012

Also, the Mayans arent the only ones to have a calander that ends on this date

check http://www.december212012.com for more info

I agree, as the bible says, no one knows when Jesus will come back (and as such, the end of the world)

if this date holds significance tho, it would probably mean the end of the world, as we know it. it could just simply be extreme global warming, another war, or the start of a new age.

also, yes, on this date, the sun will be at the center axis of the galaxy (not IN the center of the galaxy, as our solar system is on one of the galaxies arms). just imagine a SIDE view of the galaxy, pretty much a line with a circle in the middle like this: ---<>--- if you cut that in half with a horizontal cut, thats the line where our sun will be on.

anywho, I'm having a party on that day
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I was planning to retire, buy a motor home and travel across North America in 2017.

Could the end of the world be delayed until 2040 or so?

FL

PS: should I have posted this in Prayer Requests?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I was planning to retire, buy a motor home and travel across North America in 2017.

FL

Might as well!

Also, keep you Y2K rations on hand - just in case...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

B. W. wrote:
Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I was planning to retire, buy a motor home and travel across North America in 2017.

FL

Might as well!

-
-
-
Errr I would throw out the Twinkies though :)
FFC

Post by FFC »

bizzt wrote:
B. W. wrote:

FL

Might as well!

-
-
-
Errr I would throw out the Twinkies though :)
Why, they never expire, do they?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I believe Twinkies have a half-life of 50,000 years...(like Cheeze Whiz...)

FL:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
FFC

Post by FFC »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I believe Twinkies have a half-life of 50,000 years...(like Cheeze Whiz...)

FL:

:lol:

bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

:lol:
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

SUGAAAAA wrote:2012, December 1st.

I havent studied the Calendar.

Anyone know more about this?

Study the Bible. Now the issue here in not reading in to it what you desire to be true but read it as it is written.

There are many prophecies in the Bible regarding end times. It tells us what will happen; here is a repost from another post I replied to.

There are several things that must happen before the second coming of Christ. (These are a few news worthy Items I am listing; when they happen everyone will hear about it.)

The Ark of the Covenant will be found

The 3rd Temple will be built

There will be ONE Ruler for the Middle East countries (1 ruler for 10 countries that have come together presumably in the Middle East).

There will be PEACE in the Middle East (and world wide far as I know) for 3 1/2 years (then after 3 1/2 years there will be the great Tribulation)

As for pre-trib believers, the Bible also points out that Christians will be prosecuted for their belief and many will die; therefore I do not think a pre-trib rapture would happen)

So we must Cowboy up and hold fast to out faith in God during the Great Tribulation, no matter how bad it gets.

That is to just name a few prophecies covered in the Bible; there are more.

None of them has happened yet.

I am keeping an eye on True Peace in the Middle East (or world wide). When that happens we are on the countdown to the second coming.

It was predicted long ago that the Jews would have their own land once again, and before 1943 no one thought that possible.

All prophecies in the Bible that have been fulfilled have been fulfilled as the scripture said.

So keep an eye out for the End Time Prophecies.

Do not read in to it your own interpretation; the Bible spells it out for us.

EDIT:

Just to point out I am not putting a date on this, but there will be signs that we should be aware of. The Bible explains what they are; so keep the Faith. Stay faithful through thick and thin. Being a Christian on this earth is not easy and it will get worse before it gets better.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.