THE END IS NEAR

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Goodbrother
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

THE END IS NEAR

Post by Goodbrother »

The end is near because we have been everywhere and down every road and there are no roads left.:roll:
Iggy
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

ummm... did you count the dirt roads? :)
the end is near, buuuttt.... how near are you talkin? few days, years? maybe "near" in terms of how old the earth is means 100+years... thats not near to me... i'll be dead n burried by then (i hope)

anyone see that movie "time machine" it's about these 2 religious professors at a college. one builds a time machine, sends the other guy to the present day to see what life would be like if we took God/Jesus out of schools, but left his teachings (insted of thou shall not steal, make it it's not nice to steal). so when the guy comes back he tells of everything that went on... i wont spoil the very end... but it's good!
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

:D The end is indeed near, even at the door. I should be dead in 20-30 years or so, not a long time. But enough time to preach the Gospel to all nations and tongues.

It doesn't matter if Christ comes back before we die, we should all still have oil for our lamps and be a light to the world.

Be vigilant!
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Iggy
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

yea, i still dont get that parable... oil and lamps....?!
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Iggy wrote:yea, i still dont get that parable... oil and lamps....?!
Oil is usually a symbol of the Holy Spirit. Lamps use oil to give light or illumination which usually represents truth.
ryo dokomi
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by ryo dokomi »

Iggy wrote:yea, i still dont get that parable... oil and lamps....?!
:lol: :lol: i just went over this last night at my mens bible study, which by the way a man gave his life to the LORD there. Praise to God...anyway,
Canuckster1127 wrote:Oil is usually a symbol of the Holy Spirit. Lamps use oil to give light or illumination which usually represents truth.
what he said is right. the Holy Spirit is what fills the believers and gives us the illumination of the Light of God to be the Light to the World. those that dont follow Chris, those that say they will beleive when they see him in the heavens, are those that dont fill thier lamps.

the wise vergins go to get extra oil. meaning they put their life to God, and do what he has asked of them.

the foolish dont go to get extra. meaning they dont do what the Word says, they dont take their time to do what is needed of them. they are too lazy, believe they will have time in the end, or just dont believe he is comming.

the wise vergines, believers, are ready for him. while the foolish arent. they are not taken up into eternal glory with the Father.
Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19