Lion, Eagle, Man

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
smrpgx
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Lion, Eagle, Man

Post by smrpgx »

Ezekiel 1:10 says:
As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

Revelation 4:6-8 says:
And before the throne [there was] a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, [were] four beasts full of eyes before and behind. And the first beast [was] like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast [was] like a flying eagle. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about [him]; and [they were] full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

The two refrences I just mentioned are obviously the same one seen by two different people. Let's compare these refrences to another one seen by Daniel.

Daniel 7:4 says:
The first [was] like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

Notice that the first creature Daniel saw (Lion) covered three creatures mentioned by Ezekiel and John. A connection? If there is, what about the bull?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I wouldn't see a connection between Daniel's beast and the Ezekiel/Revelation "beast." The creature in Daniel is a reference to a particular kingdom, Babylon, to be exact. The second beast represented Medo-Persia; the third, Greece; and the fourth, Rome.

The creature in Ezekiel/Revelation represents the cheribum.

That would be my take, anyway . . .

God bless
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.