Afterlife my fate

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
numeral2_5
Established Member
Christian: No

Afterlife my fate

Post by numeral2_5 »

I have a large nuclear family about ten about four are christians and the rest including me are skeptical. We learn as much as we can about different religions and theories like evolution and evolution seems about as rational to me as a form of creation.

Anyway,the point is that most of us have yet to or may never accept christ as god. I would like to know if the christians think me and alot of my family would go to hell come the end of things. It concerns if christianity is the true story.
Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Afterlife my fate

Post by Fortigurn »

numeral2_5 wrote:Anyway,the point is that most of us have yet to or may never accept christ as god.
There are a lot of Christians who don't accept Christ as God. That was a later, post-apostolic, development in Christianity, along with a lot of other things.
I would like to know if the christians think me and alot of my family would go to hell come the end of things. It concerns if christianity is the true story.
If you look here, you'll find that a lot of the Christians here will tell you that you're going to burn, no questions asked.

Enjoy the flames, because there's nothing you can do about it according to Reformed Theology (either God wants you to be saved, or He wants you to burn, it's not your choice), and currently you're headed for eternal torment.

I have a completely different take on the popular idea of hell myself. I don't believe it exists. If you don't believe in Christ, and live your life without a personal conviction of the gospel, you'll have your life the way you wanted it, die, and remain unconscious.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Fortigurn is our resident Christedelphian. If you are looking for some thoughts on his Ideas and Faith there are many spots in this Forum where he has given those Ideas.

I Don't know about Hell. Truly it says in the Bible that you will not go to Heaven unless you believe in Jesus Christ as your Saviour. Hell is said to be a Fire/Eternal Flame. I am not sure really what Hell is but all I know it is not with God and that is good enough for me.

Hope that Helps
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

What is a christadelphian?
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

numeral2_5 wrote:What is a christadelphian?
http://www.christadelphia.org/belief.htm
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

Thanks.
lissy
Acquainted Member

Post by lissy »

this is a hard topic to talk about in just one reply, but i will try to clearly explain as much as i can. as for evolution, casting aside any beliefs and preconcieved notions and questions, lets look at the logic. god exists. this is self evident in creation.

i have done much of my own research on evolution and creation. if i were to take a mixture of some basic pieces of metal, jumble it around in a bag over even eons of time, would a working watch appear? or, lets make it even simpler, a bracelet. the answer? no. this is beacuse we know that order cannot come from chaos. simple logic. apply this to the beginning of the universe, the most reasonable explanation is intelligent design.

also, the laws of thermodynamics proves that the universe did not exist forever, so where did the matter come from if it just evolved? if you believe in evolution, you are ignoring the obvious. if i were to look at an object and explain that is somehow formed itself together, and someone simply said and intelligent person designed it for a purpose, what is the most obvious, logical explanation? someone created it. even if you say that evolution is possible beacuse you have never seen god, that is not necessarly a good argument. and archeologist examining artifacts, even soemthing simple and crude, would reasonably say that it is proof that poeple at that site existed, even though nobody can see them, because of what they created and left for us to see.

as for the "evidence" for evolution, ther is none, really. life has to come from life, and we also know that there is no evidence that new genes arise. there are only mutations which only lead to a loss of information. as for the fossils, this is an incomplete look at the fossils that are there. they are fully functioning, there are no true transitional fossils. and this only shows natural selection, which really has nothing to do with evolution and new species arising. today, we have never observed this, we know that no matter how many types of dogs there are, a dog is still a dog and so on. a good book about this is answers in genesis by ken ham, or any other of his books about evolution.

about the one faith thing, it is not logical to believe that all faiths ar okay, because they contradict each other in many ways, some say grace alone, some say good works to get to heaven, (religion versus relationship), one god versus many gods, jesus was jsut a prophet, othes say he was the son of god. logically, it has to be one way or the other.

as for me, i an a born again christian, and believe the bible is all true. one thing that is unique to christianity is that it is the only belief that has nothing to do with religion, but it is a personal relationship with god, our hevenly father. there are four qualities of god that are unique to the christian faith: god is father, hope, love, and savior. every other belief is what we have to do for god, christianity is all about what god has already done for us, and that is sending his son to die for us so we can be saved. and all you have to do is accept jesus as you savior, not like every other belief where, sadly, people spend a lifetime wondering how many good works are good enough to please god and get to heaven. i pray that you will find hope, and answers to you questions.