Daniel's dream about the rock that grows

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
RGeeB
Established Member
Christian: No

Daniel's dream about the rock that grows

Post by RGeeB »

The Kingdom of Heaven - I'm assuming that there are two aspects to it:

1) a spiritual one, which grows as the church grows and;
2) a physical one, which will be manifested when Jesus reigns from Jerusalem.

Is this a right way of thinking?

Ammillelianists, if you post, please explain why the Beatitudes (sermon on the mount) are not being fulfilfilled on earth right now?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

RGeeB,
The Kingdom of Heaven - I'm assuming that there are two aspects to it:

1) a spiritual one, which grows as the church grows and;
2) a physical one, which will be manifested when Jesus reigns from Jerusalem.

Is this a right way of thinking?

Ammillelianists, if you post, please explain why the Beatitudes (sermon on the mount) are not being fulfilfilled on earth right now?
To see that they are not being fulfilled NOW, notice the word shall. This implies future.

Matt 5
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

And of course, the real give away is that the Kingdom of Heaven is not here yet.

Matthew 8:11
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

In order to sit down with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, we must have already had the first resurrection - which happens at the coming of Jesus at the last trumpet.

So, I would agree with the second aspect and disagree with the first.

What is an 'Ammillelianists' ?
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

I believe in a current spiritual Kingdom of God administered by the Holy Spirit, where all these sermon laws apply. In Christ's body, the humble are exalted.

Ammillelialists spitualise all prophecies concerning Israel, including the reign of Christ from Jerusalem and suggest that it only applies to the Chruch, now. As you would have gathered, I believe that's only part of the truth.

ps. Some statements I've made may seem contrary to my original post - That's because my position has changed a bit.
Maranatha!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

RGeeB wrote:Ammillelialists spitualise all prophecies concerning Israel, including the reign of Christ from Jerusalem and suggest that it only applies to the Chruch, now. As you would have gathered, I believe that's only part of the truth.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing? You are saying that the promise of Kingdom of GOD centered around the Nation of Israel is not real. How could there be a spiritual kingdom here in this world? This world is Satan's. In the Kingdom of GOD, the righteous will be ruling and that's just not happening.

Please explain this current kingdom - i don't think i get it.
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

When I subject myself to the Law of Christ, I believe I've entered the Kingdom of God. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus gives all subjects (Christians) functions in the Kingdom. Under His authority, they heal sicknesses, preach repentance unto faith, cast out demons etc.

The Kingdom you are referring to is what I see as the future hope for all Christians. The first bodily resurrection of saints which occurs when Jesus returns to the Mount of Olives. This will be a physical manifestation of the rule of Christ on Earth, when Satan will literally be bound and powerless.
Maranatha!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Elishyah wrote:What is an 'Ammillelianists' ?
Elishyah,

It is a position I am especially agreeable with. I just came across this page recently (see http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/eschatology.html), and haven't had the time to read much, but if your interested it appears to have many articles to do with the Amillennial view.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Kurieuo wrote:
Elishyah wrote:What is an 'Ammillelianists' ?
Elishyah,

It is a position I am especially agreeable with. I just came across this page recently (see http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/eschatology.html), and haven't had the time to read much, but if your interested it appears to have many articles to do with the Amillennial view.

Kurieuo.
Thank you, I'll read it.