Contraception

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.

Is contraception morally wrong?

Yes
25%
No
65%
Not Sure
10%

Total votes: 20

marys_little_one
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by marys_little_one »

Hello everyone! I hope that many Christians will soon change their minds about the topic of contraception. Contraception is MORALLY WRONG according the the beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church!

Contraception deliberately closes the door to the possibility of creating LIFE! First of all, the purpose of SEX is to express the love between two MARRIED people. (Male and Female) AND to PRO-CREATE! The ULTIMATE expression of LOVE is LIFE! Jesus said.......God is LOVE....LOVE IS LIFE!!

When a couple use contraception they are denying each other the greatest reward of their love together. They are denying their power to help God create new LIFE. In other words....since love is life...they are denying each other their COMPLETE love. They are practically saying, "I love you until the point where you are able to get pregnant." This doesn't make sense because in a marriage the two people are supposed to love each other unconditionally....this includes all their strenghts and weaknesses!

A couple should always be open to life! Their natural ways of contraception. A woman ovulates for about three to four days of a month. If a woman has a steady menstrual cycle she is able to know what days of the month she COULD get pregnant...at that point if the couple does not want to have children....they should abstain from sex those few days. If they truly respect each other and their bodies...they will be able to say NO to sex for just a while. This form of contraception is OK according to the catholic church because the couple doesn't want to have children so they will NOT have sex.

I hope that after reading this post some of you can change your mind about contraception. Everyone is judged on what they know....now that you know that contraception is wrong...I hope that many of you will be able to make the right choice !!! I'll say a prayer for you all

Marys_little_one
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

using condoms and the pull-out method and other (non-killing forms) of contraception are being open to life. God will make it happen if he wants it to, despite all these methods.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

um, no you didn't.
Yes, I did.
marys_little_one wrote:Hello everyone! I hope that many Christians will soon change their minds about the topic of contraception. Contraception is MORALLY WRONG according the the beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church!
Most Americans aren't Catholics.
If there were no contraception, overpopulation could get out of hand.
marys_little_one
Acquainted Member

Prodigal Son wrote:using condoms and the pull-out method and other (non-killing forms) of contraception are being open to life. God will make it happen if he wants it to, despite all these methods.
How can these "forms of contraception" be open to life if the couple is not allowing the sperm and egg to meet? By doing that....they are closing the door to the possibility of creating a child in that sexual intercourse.

It is true however, that God is capable of creating life if He wants to! God can do ANYTHING
marys_little_one
Acquainted Member

If there were no contraception, overpopulation could get out of hand.[/quote]

There is one form of contraception that is allowed by the church, and that is abstaining from sex when a woman ovulates every month! This form of contraception is OK! Being religious is not easy...that is why many people do not choose to use this form of contraception. But that doesn't mean that condoms, and other forms of contraception are right! Just because many people use it and do it....does not make it any better
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

marys_little_one wrote: There is one form of contraception that is allowed by the church, and that is abstaining from sex when a woman ovulates every month!
That policy should stay, since overpopulation would become a problem if it were not to do so.
XenonII
Established Member

Post by XenonII »

ochotseat wrote:
um, no you didn't.
Yes, I did.
marys_little_one wrote:Hello everyone! I hope that many Christians will soon change their minds about the topic of contraception. Contraception is MORALLY WRONG according the the beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church!
If there were no contraception, overpopulation could get out of hand.
Right and thats the same nonsense queer activists spout in favor of homosexuality. There is no overpopulation about 70% of the earths surface is uninhabited. :)
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

XenonII wrote:There is no overpopulation about 70% of the earths surface is uninhabited. :)
That's because that's water. We can't live on water. If you read my earlier posts, you'd know that I'm against contraception that terminates life.
XenonII
Established Member

Post by XenonII »

ochotseat wrote:
XenonII wrote:There is no overpopulation about 70% of the earths surface is uninhabited. :)
That's because that's water. We can't live on water. If you read my earlier posts, you'd know that I'm against contraception that terminates life.
Actually its not. About two thirds of the land is uninhabitated.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

marys_little_one wrote:
There is one form of contraception that is allowed by the church, and that is abstaining from sex when a woman ovulates every month! This form of contraception is OK! Being religious is not easy...that is why many people do not choose to use this form of contraception. But that doesn't mean that condoms, and other forms of contraception are right! Just because many people use it and do it....does not make it any better
Can you point me to some Scriptures about this...?
marys_little_one
Acquainted Member

bizzt wrote:
marys_little_one wrote:
Can you point me to some Scriptures about this...?
I'm not exactly sure where it is...sorry! I just remember reading it in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I'm sure that if you google it...you will be able to find the information that you are looking for! I also studied this in my moral ethics theology class...It's very interesting, because not many people believe this....but it IS in the bible.
marys_little_one
Acquainted Member

bizzt wrote:
marys_little_one wrote: Can you point me to some Scriptures about this...?
I just found some useful information that you may be interested in. All of this is found in the catechism of the catholic church:

2370 Periodic continence, that is, the methods of birth regulation based on self-observation and the use of infertile periods, is in conformity with the objective criteria of morality.158 These methods respect the bodies of the spouses, encourage tenderness between them, and favor the education of an authentic freedom. In contrast, "every action which, whether in anticipation of the conjugal act, or in its accomplishment, or in the development of its natural consequences, proposes, whether as an end or as a means, to render procreation impossible" is intrinsically evil:159

Thus the innate language that expresses the total reciprocal self-giving of husband and wife is overlaid, through contraception, by an objectively contradictory language, namely, that of not giving oneself totally to the other. This leads not only to a positive refusal to be open to life but also to a falsification of the inner truth of conjugal love, which is called upon to give itself in personal totality. . . . The difference, both anthropological and moral, between contraception and recourse to the rhythm of the cycle . . . involves in the final analysis two irreconcilable concepts of the human person and of human sexuality.160

2366 Fecundity is a gift, an end of marriage, for conjugal love naturally tends to be fruitful. A child does not come from outside as something added on to the mutual love of the spouses, but springs from the very heart of that mutual giving, as its fruit and fulfillment. So the Church, which is "on the side of life,"151 teaches that "it is necessary that each and every marriage act remain ordered per se to the procreation of human life."152 "This particular doctrine, expounded on numerous occasions by the Magisterium, is based on the inseparable connection, established by God, which man on his own initiative may not break, between the unitive significance and the procreative significance which are both inherent to the marriage act."153

You can still reasearch more info if you are really interested!
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

XenonII wrote:
Actually its not. About two thirds of the land is uninhabitated.
You should put out the source.
By the way, it's not a wise idea to have all of the Earth's land to be inhabited, especially since not all of the land is inhabitable to start.
I just remember reading it in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Where does it say in the Bible?
marys_little_one
Acquainted Member

I just remember reading it in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
XenonII wrote:

Where does it say in the Bible?[/quote]

Once again...I don't know where exactly all theses passages are found in the Bible. (It's a pretty big book) So if you are really interested in this topic, I'm sure that if you can research it, you will be able to find it!

The catechism of the catholic church explains certain things that are found in the Bible such as about homosexuality, adultary, contraception, etc. So by finding it in the CCC...it should tell you that it IS in the Bible...somewhere! See...the Bible was written in a different time than hours....so of course they were not going to write about condoms and things like that....but they DID give some information about contraception. The job of the CCC is to allow "literal" catholics ( people that take everything in the bible as literal and not symbolic) and doubtful people to understand that certain actions and ways of living ARE immoral....even if the Bible didn't word for word explain it!
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

marys_little_one wrote: The catechism of the catholic church explains certain things that are found in the Bible such as about homosexuality, adultary, contraception, etc. So by finding it in the CCC...it should tell you that it IS in the Bible...somewhere! See...the Bible was written in a different time than hours....so of course they were not going to write about condoms and things like that....but they DID give some information about contraception. The job of the CCC is to allow "literal" catholics ( people that take everything in the bible as literal and not symbolic) and doubtful people to understand that certain actions and ways of living ARE immoral....even if the Bible didn't word for word explain it!
I hope most Catholics don't put more emphasis on a catechism than what the Bible has to say. That was one, among many, of the reasons for the Reformation.