Is being Gay really that bad?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
godslanguage

Post by godslanguage »

IS BEING GAY REALLY THAT BAD?

YES
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Yes it is very bad, including a death sentence for anyone involved in it. The average age for a gay male is only 42 years old. I don't have stats for women but they also open themselves up to various diseases.. Many people leave this part out when debating the gay lifestyle unfortunately.

On top of that the lifestyle is extremely materialistic where glitter and expensive items (such as the worship lavish homes, art, etc..) exsist. Image is EVERYTHING in this lifestyle.

Contrary to Christ's teachings, worship not the things on earth but God above.

G -
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

How do you believe Jesus would respond to someone who was gay?

Is materialism and image an issue in other communities?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Yes, materialism is in ALL communities (especially in the U.S.) and we are all guilty of it in some degree, (including me). I think my point was here is that materialism is amplified in the gay lifestyle. I should know, I live near San Francisco where I see this all around me. All the imagegry, hardbodies, the worship of the body, food, clothing, the glamour, it's everywhere.... Espeically I think the the rich lifestyle promotes it like the celebrity (or hollywood) lifestyle.

G -
Last edited by Gman on Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Oh, in response to your other question, yes we as christians need to address it with love. I have many friends that are either gay or lesbian, (including my neighbors). I think one should always greet them with a smile.

G -