N.Y. adopts law allowing abortion up to nine months

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

N.Y. adopts law allowing abortion up to nine months

Post by Stu »

This is pure evil IMO and amounts to nothing but murder. Take that 9 month old baby out of the womb and it's murder, inside it's not. Makes zero sense. These people are evil.

Dobson: N.Y. adopts 'pure barbarism rarely seen since Middle Ages'

A new abortion law enacted by New York’s Democrat-led state legislature, signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, for the first time permits abortion throughout all nine months of pregnancy, up to the very moment of birth, for almost any reason.

Conservative Christian author, radio broadcaster and leader of millions of families Dr. James Dobson is calling it “pure barbarism on a scale rarely seen since the Middle Ages.”

The new law permits abortions at any time, and for almost any reason, including mental-health reasons. To celebrate the new law, Cuomo ordered that landmarks like the spire of One World Trade Center be illuminated in pink.

The law also moves abortion violations from the state’s penal code to the health code.

More
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: N.Y. adopts law allowing abortion up to nine months

Post by UsagiTsukino »

It's very rare to get it up to that months.It's generally for health reasons.

https://www.newsday.com/news/region-sta ... 1.26286007

Only if the mother's health is at risk.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

It also allows for abortion for mental health issues, not just physical health issues.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:10 pm It's very rare to get it up to that months.It's generally for health reasons.

https://www.newsday.com/news/region-sta ... 1.26286007

Only if the mother's health is at risk.
And that's the smokescreen veiling this absolute evil, the question of who exactly determines the mother's 'health risk'. Considering the new law also allows for midwives and nurse practitioners to perform abortions including late-term, that decision no longer rests with physicians who have, in principle, been sworn to do no harm (not that there's a shortage of physicians willing and able to perform abortions). But for all intents and purposes this decision now rests solely with the woman herself. Aside form the grave ramifications for the unborn, it is an extremely heavy burden countless more women must grapple with for the rest of their lives. y[-o<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Everyone shakes their head in sadness and incomprehensible disgust at the holocaust of the Jews - roughly estimated to be 6 million.

According to Wikipedia, the total military deaths for ALL U.S. wars combined equal 1,354,664 - that's a lot of people who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

But then, right under our noses, as everyone goes about their lives, in the ongoing holocaust that has mostly been accepted, whose available mechanism is widely celebrated, since the 1973 Roe vs. Wade and Supreme Court ruling allowing abortion on demand, approximately 60 MILLION CHILDREN have been slaughtered in the womb. That's TEN times the slaughter of Jews during WWII - and yet it's been perfectly legal and few get terribly upset about it.

Everyone, especially those who believe life is both God-given and extremely precious, should weep and continuously pray about this, for the carnage to end! And for healing to come for those who realize, weep and are haunted by what they did to God's Image within their aborted child.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I was trying to do a little research before responding to this. What I can see from what I've read, this law leaves too much up in the air, with how the woman's "health" is defined.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:52 am I was trying to do a little research before responding to this. What I can see from what I've read, this law leaves too much up in the air, with how the woman's "health" is defined.
Exactly. That was the intention. Allow for abortion at whim and mask it in the veil of health risks. I am ashamed Cuomo calls himself Catholic.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:41 am
RickD wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:52 am I was trying to do a little research before responding to this. What I can see from what I've read, this law leaves too much up in the air, with how the woman's "health" is defined.
Exactly. That was the intention. Allow for abortion at whim and mask it in the veil of health risks. I am ashamed Cuomo calls himself Catholic.
Am I the only one who was extremely bothered when the video showed them all cheering, shaking hands, and hugging, when they found out the bill passed?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:32 am
Byblos wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:41 am
Am I the only one who was extremely bothered when the video showed them all cheering, shaking hands, and hugging, when they found out the bill passed?
You're not alone, both my wife and I were sick to our stomachs.

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Believe it or not but I heard that Israel under Netanyahu changed the law to allow abortions up to nine months! I'll try find out a bit more but if true then this is an utter disgrace. Full term abortion is utter madness.

I support Israel, but you have to take a stand when leaders like Netanyahu are in charge as I believe it was him that brought this to bear.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: Full term abortion is utter madness.
With the end result being one kills a human being God meant to experience life on earth, does it truly matter a what stage growth the baby is? Think about all those arguments by the pro-child killers:

"The baby will be a burden; It takes constant care; can't feed itself; can't adequately communicate to convey what's wrong; Is basically helpless without assistance; Constantly costs lots of money for doctor visits and brings massive time inconveniences for their care; They aren't contributing to anything useful and are unnecessarily depriving me of time, money "

Now, apply all of that to one's elderly parent or grandparent, in which all of the above arguments could be applied to. So, based upon that sort of reasoning, grandpa's no longer anything but a money and time-wasting burden - so, "He's gotta go!" Even more so, "Grandpa's had a nice, long life, so..."

And that's the basic reasoning of the pro-abortion crowd!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Gosnell movie is out. Nice to know NY is rolling out the red carpet for such.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:14 pm Gosnell movie is out. Nice to know NY is rolling out the red carpet for such.
This is what Dean Cain, who starred in the movie and was an executive producer as well, had to say.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/g ... nell-legal

-Edward R Murrow

UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I hope no one hates me but I never think abortion should be ban. I say this since we see that banning it can just be has dangerous. Places in South America women have died due to not having abortions even for heath risk. So I would keep abortions legal for health risk.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Because abortion is very safe when practiced by licensed practitioners like Gosnell.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)