The truth about Abortion

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The truth about Abortion

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I agree, and I should've looked at the situation from a broader perspective, as I usually do.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The issue of abortion is that it is NOT and issue of CHOICE but an issue of killing.
The issue is wither the taking of a life is warranted/necessary.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

melanie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:57 am
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 pm I find it interesting that a woman can have the right to abort a child, as well as having the man pay child support and be more likely to get away with tricking a man into such things, like poking holes in condoms. As far as I'm aware the man has little to no say in such matters, but we're supposed to be about equality.
Why does no one mention this, but a few who usually get derided and called hateful or even tormented (think about it)?
This post speaks volumes....
A woman has the right to an abortion but also the right to seek child support....and be more likely to trick a man into such things like poking holes in condoms....
Really? How many women sit at home with condoms poking holes in them to trap men?
I mean really?
But not the first time I’ve heard this nonsense and if someone quips in with well it sometimes happens well so does spontaneous combustion but it’s not really a logical every day risk!
If two consenting adults have sex and it results in an unwanted pregnancy but men see it as a trap for child support and/or a malicious ploy for the pregnancy then that attitude in of itself is a very valid reasoning for termination.
Don’t have an abortion you condom pricking, money grabbing scarlet is exactly the kind of attitude that makes women feel alone and abandoned in this situation.
Men feel angry and unfairly compromised even though they were a willing participant at the time. The girl is left feeling like she holds the budren....don’t abort but deal with my wrath of anger and a feeling of entrapment. I may or may not pay child support but you’ve trapped me with your wanton ways.
That is totally unfair and entirely common.
So perhaps instead of focusing on women as the issue a better solution would be addressing the scenario from a broader perspective and not the alienating and quite frankly misogynistic attitudes of men.
I quite agree Melanie, but think I might be missing your point... (given we fall on opposite sides) Kid, you might want to read that second article above to, as it shows how bastardly men can be.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Kurieuo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:29 pm
melanie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:57 am
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 pm I find it interesting that a woman can have the right to abort a child, as well as having the man pay child support and be more likely to get away with tricking a man into such things, like poking holes in condoms. As far as I'm aware the man has little to no say in such matters, but we're supposed to be about equality.
Why does no one mention this, but a few who usually get derided and called hateful or even tormented (think about it)?
This post speaks volumes....
A woman has the right to an abortion but also the right to seek child support....and be more likely to trick a man into such things like poking holes in condoms....
Really? How many women sit at home with condoms poking holes in them to trap men?
I mean really?
But not the first time I’ve heard this nonsense and if someone quips in with well it sometimes happens well so does spontaneous combustion but it’s not really a logical every day risk!
If two consenting adults have sex and it results in an unwanted pregnancy but men see it as a trap for child support and/or a malicious ploy for the pregnancy then that attitude in of itself is a very valid reasoning for termination.
Don’t have an abortion you condom pricking, money grabbing scarlet is exactly the kind of attitude that makes women feel alone and abandoned in this situation.
Men feel angry and unfairly compromised even though they were a willing participant at the time. The girl is left feeling like she holds the budren....don’t abort but deal with my wrath of anger and a feeling of entrapment. I may or may not pay child support but you’ve trapped me with your wanton ways.
That is totally unfair and entirely common.
So perhaps instead of focusing on women as the issue a better solution would be addressing the scenario from a broader perspective and not the alienating and quite frankly misogynistic attitudes of men.
I quite agree Melanie, but think I might be missing your point... (given we fall on opposite sides) Kid, you might want to read that second article above to, as it shows how bastardly men can be.
Sure, both men and women can be awful to each other. I myself am not innocent. As for abortion, I'm not sure where I stand. Yet.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Kid: As for abortion, I'm not sure where I stand. Yet.
You might want to read some on this page, as to why the Bible is staunchly pro-life!: http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/prolife.html

Don't forget to check out the important links on the page to related pages.