Fortnite and PUBG

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3218
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 535 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#16

Post by Nessa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Nicki wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:39 pm
Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:02 pm
dont pyschopaths start out with animals... :shock:
Often, I guess, but I don't kill cute little animals in the game - either they're dangerous animals/monsters which attack you if you get too close anyway, or they're reasonably benign creatures (till you attack them) but pests. My main interest in the game is doing quests which involve different tasks - not all of those are killing particular creatures but often you get attacked by hostile things on your way to do something else anyway. Sounds violent :oops: but it is fantasy.

Hurting real animals is about the furthest thing from what I want to do (apart from hurting people). We had a couple of mice in the house recently and I got humane traps so I could catch them unhurt and release them outside - I tried to send them down the street in the direction of a vacant field but the last one made straight for the neighbour's front door! I should take them right down to the field I suppose.
Ohhh, good. So If I visit aussie I can stay at your house without having to sleep with one eye open :mrgreen:

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#17

Post by Blessed » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:32 pm

I've played video games since Atari. Asteroids, Pong, Frogger, Missile Command, Pitfall.

Over 18 age ratings and "show me your ID" on violent video games should be required in retail. Just like tobacco and alcohol.

In heaven these things would not exist but on earth they exists. The first "evil" game I played was called "Doom". The game series is a first person shooter game through hell. Doom 3 and 4 , in the end level you go to hell and kill Satan. It's an extremely graphic, very scary game, because the music and scenes match like a horror film. I made me jump scared. For something like this it should be illegal to sell to a minor. Also other games like Postal and Manhunt and Ethnic Cleansing should also be 18+.

In bliss these games would not exist. While on earth I would say it's not Christian to play the extreme ones. The other ones are allot of fun though. My parents bought me the Atari's and Nintendos so I did not play anything "extreme" until young adult but I also grew up in an era of no computers, dial phones, and movies out night. I'm very happy I did too. I am very happy I was not born into the world these kids are inheriting today.

User avatar
Nicki
Senior Member
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Western Australia
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#18

Post by Nicki » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:16 am

Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:39 pm
Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:02 pm
dont pyschopaths start out with animals... :shock:
Often, I guess, but I don't kill cute little animals in the game - either they're dangerous animals/monsters which attack you if you get too close anyway, or they're reasonably benign creatures (till you attack them) but pests. My main interest in the game is doing quests which involve different tasks - not all of those are killing particular creatures but often you get attacked by hostile things on your way to do something else anyway. Sounds violent :oops: but it is fantasy.

Hurting real animals is about the furthest thing from what I want to do (apart from hurting people). We had a couple of mice in the house recently and I got humane traps so I could catch them unhurt and release them outside - I tried to send them down the street in the direction of a vacant field but the last one made straight for the neighbour's front door! I should take them right down to the field I suppose.
Ohhh, good. So If I visit aussie I can stay at your house without having to sleep with one eye open :mrgreen:
Sure... :econfused: ;)
These users liked this post by Nicki:
Nessa (Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:32 am)

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3526
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 104 times
Contact:

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#19

Post by neo-x » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:03 pm
neo-x wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 pm
How is this a moral issue? It is a game, isn't it?
With that logic, you could get away with a helluva lot of stuff...
I see your point but I find it irrelevant as it changes nothing. Human history is filled with bloodshed and violence and moral dilemmas without video games to help them - which have been around for less than 60 years.

My friend's younger brother is a heroin addict. When he was starting I told him that this would eventually kill him and he said, so would a car on the road. My point is, people find excuses to do whatever they want to do, logic or reason has zero influence on their decisions.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.


//johnadavid.wordpress.com

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3218
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 535 times
Been liked: 289 times

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#20

Post by Nessa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 pm

neo-x wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:17 pm
Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:03 pm
neo-x wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 pm
How is this a moral issue? It is a game, isn't it?
With that logic, you could get away with a helluva lot of stuff...
I see your point but I find it irrelevant as it changes nothing. Human history is filled with bloodshed and violence and moral dilemmas without video games to help them - which have been around for less than 60 years.

My friend's younger brother is a heroin addict. When he was starting I told him that this would eventually kill him and he said, so would a car on the road. My point is, people find excuses to do whatever they want to do, logic or reason has zero influence on their decisions.
I saw a doco on a virtual reality game where you can make yourself into a character and play out your life with others on a computer screen. One wife met another guy on it and their characters had virtual sex in the game. Is that ok?

She was so addicted she left her family to meet the guy. It didnt work out off screen. Suprise, suprise...

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3526
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 104 times
Contact:

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#21

Post by neo-x » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 am

Nessa wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 pm
neo-x wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:17 pm
Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:03 pm
neo-x wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 pm
How is this a moral issue? It is a game, isn't it?
With that logic, you could get away with a helluva lot of stuff...
I see your point but I find it irrelevant as it changes nothing. Human history is filled with bloodshed and violence and moral dilemmas without video games to help them - which have been around for less than 60 years.

My friend's younger brother is a heroin addict. When he was starting I told him that this would eventually kill him and he said, so would a car on the road. My point is, people find excuses to do whatever they want to do, logic or reason has zero influence on their decisions.
I saw a doco on a virtual reality game where you can make yourself into a character and play out your life with others on a computer screen. One wife met another guy on it and their characters had virtual sex in the game. Is that ok?

She was so addicted she left her family to meet the guy. It didnt work out off screen. Suprise, suprise...
I agree. The people who opt to play such VR game to find love, meaning or relationships have deeper problems imo. Of course it is not okay if she is committed in a relationship. But then again, it just shows that she wasn't happy apparently and was open to other options. And gaming experiences don't always pan out to be serious outside of the gaming activity itself.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.


//johnadavid.wordpress.com

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9598
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 610 times

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#22

Post by Kurieuo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:09 am

Nicki wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:39 pm
Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:02 pm
dont pyschopaths start out with animals... :shock:
Often, I guess, but I don't kill cute little animals in the game - either they're dangerous animals/monsters which attack you if you get too close anyway, or they're reasonably benign creatures (till you attack them) but pests. My main interest in the game is doing quests which involve different tasks - not all of those are killing particular creatures but often you get attacked by hostile things on your way to do something else anyway. Sounds violent :oops: but it is fantasy..
I'm not sure you're saved Nicki. What kind of Christian would play an RPG where there's lots of killing? y/:] Notwithstanding the Witcher was a favorite series of mine... but given it was considered one of the best RPGs ever, it was at least worth jeopardising my soul. :P
These users liked this post by Kurieuo:
Nicki (Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:16 am)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9598
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 610 times

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#23

Post by Kurieuo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 am

Nicki wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:16 am
Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:39 pm
Nessa wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:02 pm
dont pyschopaths start out with animals... :shock:
Often, I guess, but I don't kill cute little animals in the game - either they're dangerous animals/monsters which attack you if you get too close anyway, or they're reasonably benign creatures (till you attack them) but pests. My main interest in the game is doing quests which involve different tasks - not all of those are killing particular creatures but often you get attacked by hostile things on your way to do something else anyway. Sounds violent :oops: but it is fantasy.

Hurting real animals is about the furthest thing from what I want to do (apart from hurting people). We had a couple of mice in the house recently and I got humane traps so I could catch them unhurt and release them outside - I tried to send them down the street in the direction of a vacant field but the last one made straight for the neighbour's front door! I should take them right down to the field I suppose.
Ohhh, good. So If I visit aussie I can stay at your house without having to sleep with one eye open :mrgreen:
Sure... :econfused: ;)
Well if the mice are at your neighbours now, that'd mean they aren't in your barn. I'm sure your sheep wouldn't mind a little company. :P
These users liked this post by Kurieuo:
Nicki (Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:49 am)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 4954
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 249 times
Contact:

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#24

Post by 1over137 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:36 pm

neo-x wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 am

I agree. The people who opt to play such VR game to find love, meaning or relationships have deeper problems imo. Of course it is not okay if she is committed in a relationship. But then again, it just shows that she wasn't happy apparently and was open to other options. And gaming experiences don't always pan out to be serious outside of the gaming activity itself.
Just want to point that If she was not happy it does not have to mean her husband was not good husband or what. Many times, people do not value what they have and looks for more. Our sinful nature.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3526
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 104 times
Contact:

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#25

Post by neo-x » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:19 pm

1over137 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:36 pm
neo-x wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 am

I agree. The people who opt to play such VR game to find love, meaning or relationships have deeper problems imo. Of course it is not okay if she is committed in a relationship. But then again, it just shows that she wasn't happy apparently and was open to other options. And gaming experiences don't always pan out to be serious outside of the gaming activity itself.
Just want to point that If she was not happy it does not have to mean her husband was not good husband or what. Many times, people do not value what they have and looks for more. Our sinful nature.
Of course. I wasn't implying that she had a bad husband per se.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.


//johnadavid.wordpress.com

User avatar
1over137
Technical Admin
Posts: 4954
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Slovakia
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 249 times
Contact:

Re: Fortnite and PUBG

#26

Post by 1over137 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Yes, and I had difficlties wording my post :)
These users liked this post by 1over137:
neo-x (Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:28 pm)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart

Post Reply