WAS dropping atom bombs on WWII Japan an immoral act?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: WAS dropping atom bombs on WWII Japan an immoral act?

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
Blessed wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Blessed wrote: WAS dropping atom bombs on WWII Japan an immoral act?

-Lately I question weather it should've ever gotten to that point. I question weather the United States should've ever gotten into WWII and if so, to what extent. The U.S. set up an excuse to declare war against Japan.
An excuse to declare war? They attacked us just as they attacked China, Korea, and countless other countries; what were se supposed to do? Allow them to take over our country and slaughter civilians like they did to the other countries they took over? Are you kidding me???
Blessed wrote: They set the stage for Japan to attack Pearl Harbor.
Exactly what did the US do to cajole Japan into attacking us? Peaceful sanctions? You jokin’right?
Blessed wrote: The question kept nagging me: HOW does any man go from a FAILURE in life to a world renown success in a mere 5 years or whatever. Well I started looking online and it seems there is a compelling argument online from mainstream and dissident intellectuals ..... Churchill used the RAF to force Hilters hand above the British generals insistence to the contrary....
When Britain entered the war, Churchill wasn’t even prime minister yet; Chamberlin still was.
Blessed wrote: because he wanted to drag Britain into WWII in order to satisfy his own poltical agenda - to become a rich and famous. I was absolutely shocked.

I did not know Hitler wanted to avoid war with GB at all costs. I did not know Hilter only attacked GB AFTER Germany was attacked over and over by RAF bombers.
Neville Chamberlin went to Germany and agreed to let Hitler have specific territories as long as he quits invading countries; and Hitler agreed. Remember Chamberlin stepping off the plain with the piece of paper in his hand claiming peace in our time? Hitler broke his word and continued attacking England's Allies so England had no choice but to go to war.
Blessed wrote: The whole thing has me questioning the validity of WWII. Validity meaning the official story I was raised to believe in as a matter of fact... but there is no way for me to know without extensive study to become an expert on WWII which takes decades of study.

So on one hand the answer, putting Christianity aside, if the Atom Bomb on Japan was an immoral act is NO.

On the other hand it's YES because it seems we should have never been involved in the first place.

I looked up various information and found a video and a book called "Churchills War" by a Historian named David Erwing. He said Churchill ordered RAF to bomb Berlin 6-7 nights straight forcing Hitler into war with Britain. He said Churchill tried to bring the USA into the war a long time before USA entered it and that UK knew where all the U-boats where. Then he said Churchill provided logistics routes to make American ships purposefully cross them to get attacked. He said a government swat team arrested him for hate speech, confiscated his original WWII documents proving his positions, and burned them. This got me interested in other reading material. Because if something is not true it about WWII - it doesn't required hate speech laws and SWAT teams and destroying evidence to prove it's not true. Quite the opposite. The guy has been labeled a Nazi and he might be. But I don't care about his ideology. I only care about the truth. The facts. Nothing else. My whole life I was told a story about WWII and all this is new information. Including those X-ray scanners banned from the liberated concentration camps and the people who brought them arrested on Holocaust denial. Either something is true or it isn't. And the truth does not fear being examined or questioned. It's as simple as that. I know Hitler was an evil person. That's not even in dispute in my mind. The official narrative of WWII is. What happened in the Wienmar Republic who bought up all the real estate and factories for pennies on the dollar and who owned all the banks and what their real agenda was,. that role they really played in WWII .. and all that.

Where did you learn your history?

I did a quick google search on David Irving and his book Hitlers War. David Irving is an English author who is also a Holocaust denier, and there is a long list of historians who dispute his work. As far as him being a historian, apparently his reputation as a historian was discredited when in the course of an unsuccessful libel case he filed against an American historian he was shown to have deliberately misrepresented historical evidence to promote holocaust denial. An English court found that his books had distorted the history of Hitlers role in the Holocaust and that he deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler%27s_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Irving

I know there are a lot of Holocaust deniers out there; I don’t take anything they say seriously; perhaps this is where we can agree to disagree.
Kenny,

Thanks for posting that info about David Irving. For Blessed to take what this man says seriously, or what anyone who denies the holocaust says as basis for a historical argument, says all I need to know about Blessed's "argument".

When someone rewrites history, and denies the slaughter of some 17 million people, we need to ask what this person's motives are.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Blessed wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Blessed wrote: WAS dropping atom bombs on WWII Japan an immoral act?

-Lately I question weather it should've ever gotten to that point. I question weather the United States should've ever gotten into WWII and if so, to what extent. The U.S. set up an excuse to declare war against Japan.
An excuse to declare war? They attacked us just as they attacked China, Korea, and countless other countries; what were se supposed to do? Allow them to take over our country and slaughter civilians like they did to the other countries they took over? Are you kidding me???
Blessed wrote: They set the stage for Japan to attack Pearl Harbor.
Exactly what did the US do to cajole Japan into attacking us? Peaceful sanctions? You jokin’right?
Blessed wrote: The question kept nagging me: HOW does any man go from a FAILURE in life to a world renown success in a mere 5 years or whatever. Well I started looking online and it seems there is a compelling argument online from mainstream and dissident intellectuals ..... Churchill used the RAF to force Hilters hand above the British generals insistence to the contrary....
When Britain entered the war, Churchill wasn’t even prime minister yet; Chamberlin still was.
Blessed wrote: because he wanted to drag Britain into WWII in order to satisfy his own poltical agenda - to become a rich and famous. I was absolutely shocked.

I did not know Hitler wanted to avoid war with GB at all costs. I did not know Hilter only attacked GB AFTER Germany was attacked over and over by RAF bombers.
Neville Chamberlin went to Germany and agreed to let Hitler have specific territories as long as he quits invading countries; and Hitler agreed. Remember Chamberlin stepping off the plain with the piece of paper in his hand claiming peace in our time? Hitler broke his word and continued attacking England's Allies so England had no choice but to go to war.
Blessed wrote: The whole thing has me questioning the validity of WWII. Validity meaning the official story I was raised to believe in as a matter of fact... but there is no way for me to know without extensive study to become an expert on WWII which takes decades of study.

So on one hand the answer, putting Christianity aside, if the Atom Bomb on Japan was an immoral act is NO.

On the other hand it's YES because it seems we should have never been involved in the first place.

I looked up various information and found a video and a book called "Churchills War" by a Historian named David Erwing. He said Churchill ordered RAF to bomb Berlin 6-7 nights straight forcing Hitler into war with Britain. He said Churchill tried to bring the USA into the war a long time before USA entered it and that UK knew where all the U-boats where. Then he said Churchill provided logistics routes to make American ships purposefully cross them to get attacked. He said a government swat team arrested him for hate speech, confiscated his original WWII documents proving his positions, and burned them. This got me interested in other reading material. Because if something is not true it about WWII - it doesn't required hate speech laws and SWAT teams and destroying evidence to prove it's not true. Quite the opposite. The guy has been labeled a Nazi and he might be. But I don't care about his ideology. I only care about the truth. The facts. Nothing else. My whole life I was told a story about WWII and all this is new information. Including those X-ray scanners banned from the liberated concentration camps and the people who brought them arrested on Holocaust denial. Either something is true or it isn't. And the truth does not fear being examined or questioned. It's as simple as that. I know Hitler was an evil person. That's not even in dispute in my mind. The official narrative of WWII is. What happened in the Wienmar Republic who bought up all the real estate and factories for pennies on the dollar and who owned all the banks and what their real agenda was,. that role they really played in WWII .. and all that.

Where did you learn your history?

I did a quick google search on David Irving and his book Hitlers War. David Irving is an English author who is also a Holocaust denier, and there is a long list of historians who dispute his work. As far as him being a historian, apparently his reputation as a historian was discredited when in the course of an unsuccessful libel case he filed against an American historian he was shown to have deliberately misrepresented historical evidence to promote holocaust denial. An English court found that his books had distorted the history of Hitlers role in the Holocaust and that he deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler%27s_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Irving

I know there are a lot of Holocaust deniers out there; I don’t take anything they say seriously; perhaps this is where we can agree to disagree.
Kenny,

Thanks for posting that info about David Irving. For Blessed to take what this man says seriously, or what anyone who denies the holocaust says as basis for a historical argument, says all I need to know about Blessed's "argument".

When someone rewrites history, and denies the slaughter of some 17 million people, we need to ask what this person's motives are.
I agree!
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote:
My motive is the truth. So was it 17 million or 6 million?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

What are you trying to say Blessed, that there were zero? I guess there really were no nazis either. :P

My father-in-law escaped from Poland via Russia as a boy. Whole family ended split up around the world. Sadly, I never got to meet him, soo much I'd have liked to talk about.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Blessed wrote:
RickD wrote:
Approximately 6 million Jews, and approximately 11 million others. Although newer studies may put the number closer to 20 million.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

K: My father-in-law escaped from Poland via Russia as a boy.
Ah, so you wake up with a lass of Polish descent, as well? My bride is 100% pure Polish - which translates to 100% stubbornness, LOL.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Ah, so you wake up with a lass of Polish descent, as well? My bride is 100% pure Polish - which translates to 100% stubbornness, LOL.

-Edward R Murrow

Blessed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Blessed »

RickD wrote:
Blessed wrote:
RickD wrote:
Approximately 6 million Jews, and approximately 11 million others. Although newer studies may put the number closer to 20 million.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust
I'm talking specifically about the Jewish Holocaust. Others were killed as "undesirables" but I'm not going to pretend I know anything about it.

However regarding the Jewish Holocaust. 6 million has never been statistically proven. It was published in the immediate aftermath of 1945. A prelude to the formation of Israel.

There was definitely a Holocaust against the Jews by Nazi Germany. But the numbers cannot be examined. Let alone proven. Because anyone who questions the official number is labeled and persecuted.

From what I can see online (same as you) David Irving was a world re-noun Historian before he started publishing his theories/findings on WWII. He went from that to being arrested, deported, banned, jailed without charges, stalked, assaulted, bankrupted, Swat teamed, home ransacked, and has his life's work of documents destroyed by the British SS.

If he was a Nazi or crackpot he would simply be ignored. Not put in prison for speech/thought crimes.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Philip wrote:
Omg, is that where it comes from? I thought it was just a woman thing. Don't ever expect a sorry or "I was wrong." :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

The look on Archie's face when he learns the desk cop's name is priceless!
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

My father-in-law reckoned they should have dropped one on Tokyo as well.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

K: Omg, is that where it comes from? I thought it was just a woman thing. Don't ever expect a sorry or "I was wrong." :P
Well, K, I can get an "I'm sorry" on my end, as I'll challenge her on the right and wrong of an issue based upon God's teachings (which she concurrs with). However, a lot of times, before I get that out of her, she'll stubbornly double (or triple) down before finally (and however reluctantly) apologize. She's got a "bit" of a temper (as do I) - which has made for some interesting "discussions" over the years. LOL. Plus, she always argues from an emotional standpoint and I'll always try to counter with what I think is obvious logic - which is often useless :lol: (when will I ever learn???).