Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9896
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 627 times
Been liked: 643 times

Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#1

Post by Kurieuo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Some women I know really like the book. I want to know before I bother reading it for myself. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3347
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 552 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#2

Post by Nessa » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Kurieuo wrote:Some women I know really like the book. I want to know before I bother reading it for myself. :P
word of advice... dont leave it out on the bedside table.... M might throw it away :crying:

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9896
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 627 times
Been liked: 643 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#3

Post by Kurieuo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Some women I know really like the book. I want to know before I bother reading it for myself. :P
word of advice... dont leave it out on the bedside table.... M might throw it away :crying:
Gosh, it's have to be pretty damn good to replace my BDSM porn stash... err Bible... on my bedside table. :econfused:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#4

Post by thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Is this a mockery thread of mine legit thread?
No really it does seem to be that way, if it ain't then I'll apologize.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9896
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 627 times
Been liked: 643 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#5

Post by Kurieuo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:59 pm

No, it's not a mockery of your thread. Rather, more of an inside joke/jestering with private exchanges I've had with others.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#6

Post by thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Kurieuo wrote:No, it's not a mockery of your thread. Rather, more of an inside joke/jestering with private exchanges I've had with others.
I apologize.
So, ppl have been "getting it up" with the book and you, eh?
How raunchy, and wrong. y:">

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21034
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#7

Post by RickD » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:37 am

Kurieuo wrote:Some women I know really like the book. I want to know before I bother reading it for myself. :P
I think it's fine if you read it for research purposes.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 9014
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 337 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#8

Post by PaulSacramento » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:53 am

Because it is so badly written and childish, YES, it would be a sin to enjoy reading it.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21034
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#9

Post by RickD » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:54 am

PaulSacramento wrote:Because it is so badly written and childish, YES, it would be a sin to enjoy reading it.
And how would you know this?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 9014
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 337 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#10

Post by PaulSacramento » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:00 am

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Because it is so badly written and childish, YES, it would be a sin to enjoy reading it.
And how would you know this?
Ancient Chinese secret.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21034
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#11

Post by RickD » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:29 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Because it is so badly written and childish, YES, it would be a sin to enjoy reading it.
And how would you know this?
Ancient Chinese secret.
Audie told you?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9896
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 627 times
Been liked: 643 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#12

Post by Kurieuo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:46 am

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Because it is so badly written and childish, YES, it would be a sin to enjoy reading it.
And how would you know this?
Ancient Chinese secret.
Audie told you?
He said ancient, not little. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3347
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 552 times
Been liked: 300 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#13

Post by Nessa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Because it is so badly written and childish, YES, it would be a sin to enjoy reading it.
And how would you know this?
Ancient Chinese secret.
Audie told you?
He said ancient, not little. :P
*waits for comeback*

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21034
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 1043 times

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#14

Post by RickD » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:34 am

Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote: And how would you know this?
Ancient Chinese secret.
Audie told you?
He said ancient, not little. :P
*waits for comeback*
I have to be very careful. Audie is a very sensitive person*. She gets offended easily*. She's temperamental*.




*Typical female.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Blessed
Valued Member
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Is enjoying 50 Shades of Grey sinful?

#15

Post by Blessed » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:56 am

What is 50 shades of grey? Is it on Netflix?

Post Reply