The Intolerance of Christians Should Stop!

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The Intolerance of Christians Should Stop!

Post by Philip »

Unbelievable - what hypocrites! And to see some of the courses being taught - what a waste of parent's money! And I wonder what public monies flow to this school?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/ ... udent.html

That it was recorded, the student probably was trying to expose the kind of nonsense that goes on there.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: The Intolerance of Christians Should Stop!

Post by Hortator »

And this sort of thing will just keep happening and keep happening and keep happening and....

I'm in college right now. If some professor did this to me, I'd double-down. Bring in a gigantic textbook-sized bible the next day, drop it on my desk and start reading. I am not deferential to communists. Go ahead, martyr me, professor.
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

I can see how this could have a rationale -- after a heated argument, it's easy to interpret certain actions as being deliberately disruptive -- but the end result is nevertheless unjustifiable. If one's views are truly reprehensible (rather than simply challenging to the professor's false narrative), it should be quite possible to reveal such through further argument. And whether or not someone really is doing things just to get a rise out of you, as a professional educator, it's simply unacceptable to resolve the matter through censorship.

One of the commentors argues that if it was the Quran, then FOX would report the story differently, but the thing is it not only wasn't, the student was told off for "racism" against Muslims. I'm afraid the whole story is just further evidence that higher education has been overrun and hijacked by leftist ideology.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Yet liberal godless gov't systems/media are also intolerant, skewing definitions so that helpful rebuke is intolerance and love is passive.
It's true we can be judgmental in the bad way, and self-righteous, that needs to stop.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I think we know what has happened, but don't expect all "left junkies" to see it.

So should we be surprised by this? I'm not. Christians should stop trying to convince "the left" who will never see it (those who'd likely side with the lecturer and question the student, who are happy with removal of any Christian symbol in a public place, etc) and start sticking to our guns to firmly argue that Christianity belongs and is here to stay (Republicans, don't take that gun metaphor literally :P).

A lot of society are Christian, the West (despite all its immorality and error) is largely grounded in Christianity -- Christianity has a right to a seat at the table in the West, more than Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and the like. It is an important part of our heritage and constitution (whether or not recognised by any Western nation that now considers itself secular) and largely responsible for democracy where all get a say and equal vote. Christains have just laid back, and let others say our countries are secular, gone along with it, that such is a neutral position when it's not and history shows never has been. Just look at the Soviet during the early 20th century under secularism.

All should be free to practice religion or any belief according to libertarian values that do not harm others, and those good for society should be praised and raised above others that don't. In the West, Christianity does have a special place and despite people making many errors, this belief system is responsible for many of the freedoms, values of equality and the like that are now had and enjoyed -- which are being eroded and torn down due to deception.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

patrick wrote:I can see how this could have a rationale -- after a heated argument, it's easy to interpret certain actions as being deliberately disruptive -- but the end result is nevertheless unjustifiable. If one's views are truly reprehensible (rather than simply challenging to the professor's false narrative), it should be quite possible to reveal such through further argument. And whether or not someone really is doing things just to get a rise out of you, as a professional educator, it's simply unacceptable to resolve the matter through censorship.

One of the commentors argues that if it was the Quran, then FOX would report the story differently, but the thing is it not only wasn't, the student was told off for "racism" against Muslims. I'm afraid the whole story is just further evidence that higher education has been overrun and hijacked by leftist ideology.
If I were the teacher and the kid brought in a Koran, I'd be downright afraid of causing an international incident if I didn't let him read it. My family doesn't need to bury a son so soon.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

This intolerance will only grow, sure it will probably slow down some but eventually it will increase especially after the antichrist is here.
Interesting to see, that a lot of this intolerance is due to ignorance, partly caused by our culture which makes it easy to not read the bible or be interested in religious/spiritual stuff. It's said this current generation is the most biblically illiterate one there has been since a long time, probably since the Reformation.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

What about Christians who are more liberal?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:What about Christians who are more liberal?
Col 2:8 comes to mind.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

This is what happens when too many Christians think being a Christian means being a door mat for society and that is that because we are Christian we can't take a stand for what is right. But the bad thing is even if you manage to get them all on the same page to stand up for what is right? It is not long before they are nit-picking and complaining about something and it takes them out of the fight.

Complain
https://youtu.be/WlBiew86NaI
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

For anyone who wants to see the true face of all this, go to Yahoo Answers.
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

Hortator wrote:And this sort of thing will just keep happening and keep happening and keep happening and....

I'm in college right now. If some professor did this to me, I'd double-down. Bring in a gigantic textbook-sized bible the next day, drop it on my desk and start reading. I am not deferential to communists. Go ahead, martyr me, professor.
You. I like you. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Could this be Satan's revenge? At one point Christians persecuted non Christians and other Christians, now it largely seems to be the other way. Remember Satan don't care about us other than that we'll go to hell, so this wouldn't surprise me.