Gay Parades

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Gay Parades

Post by Nessa »

I can understand people fighting for what they believe are their rights, but I dont really understand the purpose of gay pride parades where they are perverted in the middle of town. I guess you can keep your kids home but why should you have to?

To be fair I wouldnt want a street production of 'shades of grey' either.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Gay Parades

Post by RickD »

Typical Christian bigot.
:shakehead:

:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I think marching in your Sunday best would send a better message than a banana hammock. :shakehead:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

You guys know I say what I think. right?
Ness, because society, instead of loving them and accepting them, told them they were wrong.
Homosexuality is demonised.
Homosexuality isn't "normal"
Maybe its their way of sayinv this is me.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:You guys know I say what I think. right?
Ness, because society, instead of loving them and accepting them, told them they were wrong.
Homosexuality is demonised.
Homosexuality isn't "normal"
Maybe its their way of sayinv this is me.
No, I dont believe that at all. Society is not responsible for the homosexuals actions. The homosexuals are.

If they want to fight for their rights, thats one thing. But being a part of a perverted parade in public is another.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

because society, instead of loving them and accepting them, told them they were wrong.
Why should that be an either or decision? If we are to believe Scripture, they ARE wrong. But so are all of us, concerning whatever sins that we prolifically embrace. But if one is practicing a lifestyle God warns against, one He holds up as a representative rebellious lifestyle of actions He detests, as He tells us that such unrepentant sin/rebellion brings terrible consequences (as does all unrepentant sin), is it loving to not ever speak of it to them? Is silence or a show of approval MORE or less loving? Can we not love them AND make them aware of God's displeasure with this sin? (Which is not to say this is the first thing we should focus on with such a person - show them love, concern and kindness FIRST.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

Politically and culturally speaking, it makes no sense for 1% of the population to go against the grain of the rest. If you want rights, that you believe you don't have, then maybe you should collaborate with the majority. Work with the 'breeders'. Try to look like you're willing to reason, plead your case and say your piece calmly. Then allow the other side to do the same: as equals. In other words, treat other people the way you wish to be treated.

Now, this is all null. I could have said this pre-2015 and it would have made a lot of sense. Today? What else is there to "fight for" in regards to the LGBT agenda? Marriage was their holy grail -> they got it -> the world didn't end -> harmony at last on that front. (I was getting sick of the debate for a while)

The war is over, good game to the cultural left. I have to hand it to them, even though I think they are wrong, they were effective at making their case. And in regards to rhetoric, right/wrong doesn't matter, but results do. (see Trump) And the results speak for themselves. They shook hands with a sympathetic plurality, acted diplomatically (where it counts) and otherwise beat us squarely in the arena of public opinion and the house of law.

Like I said, good game. :shakehand: See you next season, though!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Also we have to be careful of the message that God accepts you as you are...

Apart from salvation, there is no acceptance.
Audacity
BANNED
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audacity »

I think we should demonize red headed left handers. You know, those people who refuse to get a decent tan and take offense when asked if the carpet matches the drapes, and are always complaining they need special scissors, can openers, and are always bumping your elbow when they sit to your right. What next, shift consoles on cars on the left side? Hey snowflake, go live in London if you refuse to be normal.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Audacity wrote:I think we should demonize red headed left handers. You know, those people who refuse to get a decent tan and take offense when asked if the carpet matches the drapes, and are always complaining they need special scissors, can openers, and are always bumping your elbow when they sit to your right. What next, shift consoles on cars on the left side? Hey snowflake, go live in London if you refuse to be normal.
This thread is not about bashing homosexuals. Its about bashing the.perverted public parades some take part in.

As I said in my opening post, I wouldnt want heteros doing that either.

Lets not pretend that the parade is not just a way to give others the finger.
Audacity
BANNED
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audacity »

Nessa wrote:
Audacity wrote:I think we should demonize red headed left handers. You know, those people who refuse to get a decent tan and take offense when asked if the carpet matches the drapes, and are always complaining they need special scissors, can openers, and are always bumping your elbow when they sit to your right. What next, shift consoles on cars on the left side? Hey snowflake, go live in London if you refuse to be normal.
This thread is not about bashing homosexuals. Its about bashing the.perverted public parades some take part in.
So what makes public gay parades perverted?

...per·vert·ed
.......pərˈvərdəd/
.......adjective: perverted; past participle: perverted

..........(of a person or their actions) characterized by sexually abnormal and unacceptable practices or tendencies.
You said:
..........To be fair I wouldnt want a street production of 'shades of grey' either.

A parade celebrating one's sexual orientation is far, far different from putting on a production of sexual acts.
Ah, ha, You just can't stand the fact that others might not like you. Even though they really don't care about you. Your ego is showing Nessa.

AND, let's not pretend that your attempt at back peddling here is going to sell. You've announced your bigotry, and it's apparent to everyone.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Audacity wrote:
Nessa wrote:
So what makes public gay parades perverted?

...per·vert·ed
.......pərˈvərdəd/
.......adjective: perverted; past participle: perverted

..........(of a person or their actions) characterized by sexually abnormal and unacceptable practices or tendencies.
You said:
..........To be fair I wouldnt want a street production of 'shades of grey' either.

A parade celebrating one's sexual orientation is far, far different from putting on a production of sexual acts.
Ah, ha, You just can't stand the fact that others might not like you. Even though they really don't care about you. Your ego is showing Nessa.

AND, let's not pretend that your attempt at back peddling here is going to sell. You've announced your bigotry, and it's apparent to everyone.
Only one thing is apparent, and that is that you dont know me at all.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

and you might want to let other people speak for themselves ;)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

There was no actual sex in shades of grey. It was all fake. But it gave the impression it was happening. Just as some stuff in the parades. E.G a man leaning over while another man humps from behind, mimicking the sexual act.

Its really pathetic how you feel the need to hit below the belt and personally attack me.
Ah, ha, You just can't stand the fact that others might not like you. Even though they really don't care about you.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Hortator »

Just a reminder,

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... &start=214

Please don't feed the troll. He hasn't changed, and in my own experience, they very seldom do. If you want to talk to Audacity, there's always private messages. But don't talk to him somewhere he can further cause havoc and abuse our good will in allowing him here: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... f=1&t=2517 http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... hp?f=1&t=4