Is homosexuality harmful?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Audacity
BANNED
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Is homosexuality harmful?

Post by Audacity »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Audacity wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Humans don't go through "heat" like animals do nor do human males have a "bone" in their penis like other mammals.
As such, pleasure and stimulation are crucial for there to be an actual sex act to begin with.
The fact that sex is very pleasurable to BOTH simply means that there is motivation to have sex, ie: procreate.
And as I pointed out in a post on 12/21

.....3) Being physically weaker, most women are incapable of fending off a male determined to have sex with them.

.....4) Therefore it's unnecessary that women derive pleasure from sexual intercourse in order to procreate.

So relevant.
Not.
And your "Humans don't go through "heat" like animals do nor do human males have a "bone" in their penis like other mammals," is? Truly?
I guess since something exists in NATURE, then it is ok:
Infanticide, Pedophilia, rape, Necrophilia.

Awesome.
Your dying need to make value judgements aside, just tell us: Is it necessary that women derive pleasure from sexual intercourse in order to procreate? A simple "Yes" or "No" will do.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

If you actually paid attention to what I wrote and the context it was written in, you would understand.
You simply choose not to or you're not able.

But to address that curious post of your:

Your dying need to make value judgements aside, just tell us: Is it necessary that women derive pleasure from sexual intercourse in order to procreate? A simple "Yes" or "No" will do.

No one is making a judgement, we are simply stating facts.
And no, there is no need for a woman to derive pleasure to procreate ( and some don't) BUT not only doesn't it hurt to enjoy it, BUT it certainly motivates to have sex ( and those procreate).

You know that even men can ejaculate without orgasm, right?

So, there is, in theory, no need for humans to actually enjoy sex to procreate BUT the advantages are so obvious, I wounder what you would even ask such a silly question.
Audacity
BANNED
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audacity »

PaulSacramento wrote:If you actually paid attention to what I wrote and the context it was written in, you would understand.

Believe it or not, but the statement "I guess since something exists in NATURE, then it is ok::" OR the question "then it is ok?" is a statement and a question of judgement.

judgment
noun judg·ment \ˈjəj-mənt\

a : the process of forming an opinion or evaluation by discerning and comparing
b : an opinion or estimate so formed

And "ok" is an expression of a judgement.

OK
noun \ō-ˈkā\
Definition of OK

: approval, endorsement

Kind of basic English here, Paul. Point being, what I wrote,

.....3) Being physically weaker, most women are incapable of fending off a male determined to have sex with them.

.....4) Therefore it's unnecessary that women derive pleasure from sexual intercourse in order to procreate.

are not judgements, but facts.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Why is sex enjoyable at all then?
There is no biological need by your reasoning. As (Paul?) someone stated, men can ejaculate without orgasm, why have orgasms at all?
No it isn't necessary for women to orgasm to procreate but neither is it for men.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audacity wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:If you actually paid attention to what I wrote and the context it was written in, you would understand.

Believe it or not, but the statement "I guess since something exists in NATURE, then it is ok::" OR the question "then it is ok?" is a statement and a question of judgement.

judgment
noun judg·ment \ˈjəj-mənt\

a : the process of forming an opinion or evaluation by discerning and comparing
b : an opinion or estimate so formed

And "ok" is an expression of a judgement.

OK
noun \ō-ˈkā\
Definition of OK

: approval, endorsement

Kind of basic English here, Paul. Point being, what I wrote,

are not judgements, but facts.

Will, here is a statement AND a fact:
You are purposely ignoring the subject, trying to bait and not paying attention to the context of the posts.
In short you are being argumentative solely for arguments sake.
This has been noted before by others on other threads and I have give you enough rope on this one that I don't need to give you anymore.
I was kind of on the fence with you BUT it is now clear to me why you are here and what you are trying to do.