Money to drug addicts?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Money to drug addicts?

Post by RickD »

HappyFlappyEnabler wrote:
RickD wrote:
RickD wrote:HFE,

Your heart is in the right place. You are a very giving person. God will bless you for having good motives.*

*you will be blessed with your very own, special place in hell. Reserved only for those who enable people to sin! :mrgreen:
Going off Melvin's book: I wonder what will be going on in my little cube.......
Probably an eternal heroin detox. All while demons, disguised as nice people, keep throwing money at you. And laughing that piercing evil laugh, that chills you to the core!

And now that you mentioned it, I really enjoyed that book. The imagery was amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uyo6m5gqW0

Melvin should do a reading of his book in a tone similar to 7:50 of that video
:pound: gotta love fire and brimstone preachers. What a dork!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

I'm never gonna live this thread down :crying: :crying: :crying:
pulvis sum
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

HappyFlappyEnabler wrote:I'm never gonna live this thread down :crying: :crying: :crying:
We'll make sure it's engraved on your tombstone.

"Here lies HFE. He loved his fellow man so much, that he spent his time giving money to the downtrodden."
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
HappyFlappyEnabler wrote:I'm never gonna live this thread down :crying: :crying: :crying:
We'll make sure it's engraved on your tombstone.

"Here lies HFE. He loved his fellow man so much, that he spent his time giving money to the downtrodden."
Just give some cash to rickd already..then suddenly the whole thread is gone....just like that...*poof*

;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I can't be paid off*

*cheaply.

-Edward R Murrow

HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member

RickD wrote:I can't be paid off*

*cheaply.

I can teach you calculus y>:D<

No more need ye wonder how to find the tangent line of a function.
pulvis sum
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Maybe I can make this thread into a sticky. Any objections?

-Edward R Murrow

HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member

RickD wrote:Maybe I can make this thread into a sticky. Any objections?
I will cry..... Loudly.
pulvis sum
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:Maybe I can make this thread into a sticky. Any objections?
I will cry..... Loudly.
That`s okay, I don`t have sound on my computer :mrgreen:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Halsoft
Acquainted Member

Post by Halsoft »

Again, there are so many previous posts on this but I feel its important for me to weigh in on this. Sorry for not taking the time to read all of the previous posts on this but I'm trying to get a general feel for the kinds of things that appear on this site. As a drug addict/alcoholic, I make an important point to give money to any homeless person I come across. I justify it in multiple ways to myself. Its my way of giving back when I can't return the money to the people who had given to me in the depths of my addiction. Absent that its not my responsibility once the money has left my wallet. Its literally out of my hands. I expect nothing in return from these people, so it is a way for me to be altruistic. I make a point to let them know I was also in there shoes and that there is a way out. If they use the money to buy drugs and alcohol it is a brief respite to the things they are dealing with while sober. It may eventually lead to them seeking God in a way they hadn't before. I know that it did for me.
Luke 17:20-21
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Halsoft wrote:Again, there are so many previous posts on this but I feel its important for me to weigh in on this. Sorry for not taking the time to read all of the previous posts on this but I'm trying to get a general feel for the kinds of things that appear on this site. As a drug addict/alcoholic, I make an important point to give money to any homeless person I come across. I justify it in multiple ways to myself. Its my way of giving back when I can't return the money to the people who had given to me in the depths of my addiction. Absent that its not my responsibility once the money has left my wallet. Its literally out of my hands. I expect nothing in return from these people, so it is a way for me to be altruistic. I make a point to let them know I was also in there shoes and that there is a way out. If they use the money to buy drugs and alcohol it is a brief respite to the things they are dealing with while sober. It may eventually lead to them seeking God in a way they hadn't before. I know that it did for me.
That post moved me Hal.
I have never been homeless (thank God) but I do struggle with alcohol. I won`t bore you with all the details (if you are interested most f my struggles are posted in my thread My Journey) so to read of someone who has/had the same struggles and is obviously turning their life around brings me comfort, and hope.
I`ve been thinking for a while about volunteering at a homeless shelter, as a way of giving something, and maybe as a way of seeing my problems from a different point of view. I want to, but, I know, through research, that it would be heartbreaking, there would be failures, I would be among people at their lowest and if I`m honest I don`t know if I could handle it.

I had depression for seven years, that was very late in getting diagnosed, so I have personal experience of what some may be going through but I don`t know if that`s enough, y`know?
I want to help but this kind of thing may not be the way. I think it takes a special type of person to do that and I`m not sure if I`m that person. Maybe my path is a different one.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Halsoft
Acquainted Member

Post by Halsoft »

Lol, I guess I wouldn't. All of my depression, anxiety and uneasiness went away shortly after I turned things over to a higher power. Its the only thing that works and now I'm blessed in hundreds of different ways. I think seeing what you can do for somebody is much more important then trying to walk life in their shoes. Everyones path is different, but theres always a way to give back.
Luke 17:20-21