Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Post by melanie »

melanie wrote:IS HOMOSEXUALITY A SIN
Anymore than stupidity?? Or sexual addiction, or gluttony, or pride or arrogance, or greed, or vanity, or selfishness, or an inability to recognise the down fall of others whilst forgetting our own. The log in the eye thing.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Anymore than stupidity?? Or sexual addiction, or gluttony, or pride or arrogance, or greed, or vanity, or selfishness, or an inability to recognise the down fall of others whilst forgetting our own. The log in the eye thing.
Mel,

When you want to answer my question, I'll respond. I'm not asking if homosexuality is a sin.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:Let's sadly leave abortion and staving children which I have never brought up to another thread and leave the dramatics behind and actually address my issues
Leave the dramatics behind, says the one who posted, "Ohh for f**ks sake, are you that obtuse??"
:pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Actually. homosexuality is NOT any worse than any other sin.
Certainly, it can be argued, adultery is far worse. It is after all, one of the big 10 !

That said, homosexuality is viewed as ok, viewed as natural and even celebrated ( at times in very raunchy ways and in public - Gay Pride Parades).
Imagine Mel, if you will, if we celebrated the other things you mentioned as sin, in the same way.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

And so Dan continues to ignore my questions as to why he doesn't believe Scripture about homosexual activities!

To sum up:

- He's unconcerned with obeying God vs. the laws of man.

- He elevates the importance of man's law over those of God.

- He elevates the sensibilities of those with their secular beliefs over those of people with spiritual beliefs and convictions.

- He's unconcerned with people having a right to live out their faith when it comes in to conflict with the views of others, in ways that no real harm has come to them, and they have many other options. In other words, he's a hypocrite for thinking it appropriate that Christian can be fined, have to hire attorneys, or face jail, because they don't believe what homosexuals do. So the rights of those who affirm homosexuality are more important. He'd rather see fines and great cost for Christians, than a mere slight inconvenience of those who desire compulsory compliance with their own views. Just wait until they come for him, and some view he cherishes. And they take money he needs to feed and shelter his family because they want to force their beliefs on HIM. VERY dangerous attitude. Liberalism/cluelessness demands tolerance, but it intolerant of all who disagree with them!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

And for any Christian to say they don't know whether God views homosexual relations as sinful - well, it's hard to wrap my head around that. They either don't know Scripture or they do know it and don't believe it. Jesus confirmed what, in fact, is Scripture. And, throughout Scripture, we see the assertion from the prophets and the apostles that Scripture is no a matter of human creative writing, but is God-breathed. So, one either believes it or not. And IF God condemns unrepentant, ongoing homosexual activity as a noted sin, then the LEAST loving thing we as Christians can do is to assert it is natural. Well, actually, it IS natural, in that we all have a sin nature and sin feels absolutely natural to us!
Mel: ...is being homosexual wrong? I don't know.
Do you not KNOW or do you just not agree with what Scripture says about it - as it is anything but ambiguous on the subject!
Mel: I honestly do not know. I have my background telling me yes. And I have my life experience telling me otherwise.
Which is a TERRIBLE way to determine the truth of this issue. One should never try to determine Scriptural truth based upon their personal experiences.
Mel: In my walk, I have had the unique and beautiful experience of having such an eclectic bunch of gorgeous people cross my path, in contrast to a very grounded, religious experience.
All manner of people we love and like, respect in many ways, are on their way to Hell - that is what the Gospel prolifically preaches. Of course, many don't want to believe this. So they cherry-pick Scripture.
Mel: The whole notion that it's okay to be gay...
And right there, we see an unScriptural assumption, that GOD created people to "BE" a way He also called sinful. But once someone buys into this false belief, I can see how it drives a lot of their false assumptions surrounding this topic.
Mel: ...but not have gay sex is just as realistic as being heterosexual but never having actual sex
What a crock of unrealistic bullcrap
Um, actually, it is homosexual ACTIONS that are sinful, and not merely the temptations of a sin nature. Am I not naturally attracted to all manner of sexy women I see. Would I want to sexually pursue them? What male hasn't entertained the thought - and many of them Christians. But we are not apes or wild dogs. We do not have to act upon our temptations, although they are natural to our (sin) nature, and thus ARE a natural desire. Of course, this is true of any sinful desires and temptations a person has. Just because we have them, we don't HAVE to act upon their temptations.

Of course, we're getting a bit ADD upon the topic of the thread - might need to split it.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Certainly, it can be argued, adultery is far worse. It is after all, one of the big 10 !

That said, homosexuality is viewed as ok, viewed as natural and even celebrated ( at times in very raunchy ways and in public - Gay Pride Parades).
Imagine Mel, if you will, if we celebrated the other things you mentioned as sin, in the same way.

We do, you guys on here celebrate calling people names and attacking someones character, we wed divorced couples and celebrate their weddings, I bet half the people on here are obese and so on and so on. You all celebrate your own sin everyday, you are a bunch of hypocrites and legalists, plain and simple.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:And so Dan continues to ignore my questions as to why he doesn't believe Scripture about homosexual activities!

No I just ignore you.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

We do, you guys on here celebrate calling people names and attacking someones character, we wed divorced couples and celebrate their weddings, I bet half the people on here are obese and so on and so on. You all celebrate your own sin everyday, you are a bunch of hypocrites and legalists, plain and simple.
We don't celebrate calling people names, you dumbass!
:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Philip wrote:And so Dan continues to ignore my questions as to why he doesn't believe Scripture about homosexual activities!

No I just ignore you.
Ignoring people is not showing them grace and love!
yp**==

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

No I just ignore you.
Ignoring people is not showing them grace and love!
yp**==

Yes it actually is, I am keeping myself in check by ignoring him, so actually I am showing him grace and love.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

We are hypocrites?

Yet you yourself say you aren't perfect either. Does saying that give you a free ticket to judge others?

Paul warned us to be careful judging others lest we find ourselves doing the same thing.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

We are hypocrites?

Yet you yourself say you aren't perfect either. Does saying that give you a free ticket to judge others?

Paul warned us to be careful judging others lest we find ourselves doing the same thing.

Where did I make a judgement? Did I say you were bad people, did I say you were going to hell, did I say you weren't really Christians. I made no judgements, just an observation.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

We are hypocrites?

Where did I make a judgement? Did I say you were bad people, did I say you were going to hell, did I say you weren't really Christians. I made no judgements, just an observation.
Oh the irony.

:pound:

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

We are hypocrites?

Lol. You observe

Okay then.