question

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

question

Post by goldmoor »

there is a lot of disscusions on abortions and it is always the same arugement from both sides , it womens right or wait it is a human's life or it just a ball of cells and ,but most abortion happen at the 4 week mark when the heart and brain the develop. well i am going to attack this arugement in a different way beyond the moral and logistic of it and go from the middle ground with why. Why is human life so important that this subject is even an issue , what about a human life that is so precious, so special that the question of an abortion being murder really matters. the arugement should not be( if i shot someone in the head and perform an abortion) ,that it was actually taking a human life over a bunch of cell, but why is human life matters that much that any one should really care if i do one or the other .

once the question why is human life that important is ask and answer for proponent for and agianst abortion alike and more over why should i care then i think we could solve the ongoing debate

i would like to see your input on this
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: question

Post by jlay »

Honestly? This is always a deeper issue. abortion would not be an issue if there were no demand for it. When you consider how many unwanted pregnancies we have just in the US, it shows you there is a deeper problem. This is a heart problem.

The abortion issue is two fold. It is a legal issue of personhood vs. a woman's 'right.' It is also a moral breakdown that can not be cured through legislation. I don't see how you can pass legislation to deal with unwanted pregnancy.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: question

Post by goldmoor »

i didn't think of it that way
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear