Hi, Fetus

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Rob
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Hi, Fetus

Post by Rob »

Just ran across this blog that one of my friends on Facebook posted.

http://fracturedrefuge.tumblr.com/post/ ... our-parent

Sources are available at that link, but the text itself I'll copy/paste here.

Hi, fetus, I am your parent

Note: This was written in reaction to the “Mommy, I am your baby” post that is currently circulating around Tumblr. Thought it was about time we hear from the person who is actually self-aware and not just the clump of cells residing inside of them.

Hi, Fetus,

My name is Bria and I am the person whose uterus you are currently residing in. I am 28 years old and I actually have beautiful brown eyes and brown hair. Like, right now. Not “will” in nine months or so, but have it currently. I already have one child. His name is Ryatt and he has my beautiful brown eyes and brown hair. He is three years old and loves Thomas the Tank Engine. You? You don’t love anything, because right now, you are really just a clump of cells that has no cognitive development. You can’t love anything. Not me, not Thomas the Tank Engine, not flowers and birdies and sunshine. You get all your sustenance from me and cannot live on your own outside of my uterus.

But enough about you, let’s talk about me. Like I already said, I am 28 years old. This puts me in the majority age range for people who get abortions. (People in their 20s account for more than half of all abortions; people aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and people aged 25–29 obtain 24%.) Like I said, I already have one child to care for (like 61% of people who obtain an abortion) and I currently have no place of my own and am living with my mentally and emotionally abusive mother. I have no job and don’t even qualify for social services because I have not lived in the state I am currently residing in for over 3 months. This is also pretty common among people who obtain abortions - 42% have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level and 27% have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level. I am looking for a job, but the economy is tough and there is not a lot out there. It’s even tougher for me because I was forced to drop out of college due to mental health issues that I am still dealing with today. So I have no college degree, which qualifies me only for menial jobs in retail or food service. Because these jobs pay so very little, I would never be there to raise you and would have to rely on others. This would probably be a complete stranger at a second-rate daycare center, as I am unwilling to leave you with my mother, have no other family and I can’t really afford to put you in a fancy, bells-and-whistles daycare.

These are all actually pretty common reasons why people obtain abortions. Three-fourths of people cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.

Because I know when I am supposed to get my period, I knew I was pregnant almost right away. Turns out, this is pretty common, too, as over 61% of abortions are performed at less than 9 weeks from a person’s last menstrual period (which would be about 7 weeks from conception). At this point, you really have no thoughts or feelings because, remember when I said you were a clump of cells? I meant it. Those are pictures of what an abortion looks like when done between 5 and 6 weeks. Pretty stark contrast from the gory images that are normally shoved down your throat, huh, fetus?

And, fetus, while I may be a little sad after you are gone, a lot of really smart people have done a lot of really intensive studies and they have concluded that “post abortion syndrome” as a wide-spead occurrence is myth. Also, some more really smart people have assured me that abortion is pretty much one of the safest medical procedures I can undergo in the United States today and, that when performed in the first trimester, it poses little to no long-term risk to future pregnancies, should I ever decide to become pregnant again.

Fetus, as you can see, this is really the best decision for me and for the beautiful little boy who is sleeping with his arms curled around me. I want to go to school to become a sign language interpreter so I can hopefully get a place of my own and not have to rely on other people for my food and shelter. I want to provide a good, healthy, stable life for the child I already have and for any children I may have in the future. And I have thought about it a lot (because abortion is not something anyone enters into lightly) and I could not do that while caring for another child. I would apologize, but there is really nothing to apologize for. I am doing what I know in my heart is the absolute best thing for me and my son. You will not feel any pain, as you are not able to do that until about 24 weeks old, and you don’t even know you exist, so I doubt that you know that you are now gone.

Every abortion is just…

One more person exercising their right to bodily autonomy and self-determination based on what they feel is the best choice for them.

REBLOG IF YOU ARE PRO-CHOICE.

(All statistics, unless otherwise linked, have been provided by the Guttmacher Institute.)

++++++

Some "very smart people"....
This entire post is so unbelievably selfish, smug, and hate-filled, that I can taste bile when I read it.

Anyone feel like taking a swing at it?
Echoside
Valued Member

Re: Hi, Fetus

Post by Echoside »

one thing that always annoyed me was this concept of

"One more person exercising their right to bodily autonomy and self-determination based on what they feel is the best choice for them."

What right is this speaking of? A legal right perhaps? Legality does not equal morality, any right someone thinks they have to abortion is no justification whatsoever as to whether it's wrong.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Rob wrote:Just ran across this blog that one of my friends on Facebook posted.

Note: This was written in reaction to the “Mommy, I am your baby” post that is currently circulating around Tumblr. Thought it was about time we hear from the person who is actually self-aware and not just the clump of cells residing inside of them.

Hi, Fetus,

My name is Bria and I am the person whose uterus you are currently residing in. I am 28 years old and I actually have beautiful brown eyes and brown hair. Like, right now. Not “will” in nine months or so, but have it currently. I already have one child. His name is Ryatt and he has my beautiful brown eyes and brown hair. He is three years old and loves Thomas the Tank Engine. You? You don’t love anything, because right now, you are really just a clump of cells that has no cognitive development. You can’t love anything. Not me, not Thomas the Tank Engine, not flowers and birdies and sunshine. You get all your sustenance from me and cannot live on your own outside of my uterus.

But enough about you, let’s talk about me. Like I already said, I am 28 years old. This puts me in the majority age range for people who get abortions. (People in their 20s account for more than half of all abortions; people aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and people aged 25–29 obtain 24%.) Like I said, I already have one child to care for (like 61% of people who obtain an abortion) and I currently have no place of my own and am living with my mentally and emotionally abusive mother. I have no job and don’t even qualify for social services because I have not lived in the state I am currently residing in for over 3 months. This is also pretty common among people who obtain abortions - 42% have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level and 27% have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level. I am looking for a job, but the economy is tough and there is not a lot out there. It’s even tougher for me because I was forced to drop out of college due to mental health issues that I am still dealing with today. So I have no college degree, which qualifies me only for menial jobs in retail or food service. Because these jobs pay so very little, I would never be there to raise you and would have to rely on others. This would probably be a complete stranger at a second-rate daycare center, as I am unwilling to leave you with my mother, have no other family and I can’t really afford to put you in a fancy, bells-and-whistles daycare.

These are all actually pretty common reasons why people obtain abortions. Three-fourths of people cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.

Because I know when I am supposed to get my period, I knew I was pregnant almost right away. Turns out, this is pretty common, too, as over 61% of abortions are performed at less than 9 weeks from a person’s last menstrual period (which would be about 7 weeks from conception). At this point, you really have no thoughts or feelings because, remember when I said you were a clump of cells? I meant it. Those are pictures of what an abortion looks like when done between 5 and 6 weeks. Pretty stark contrast from the gory images that are normally shoved down your throat, huh, fetus?

And, fetus, while I may be a little sad after you are gone, a lot of really smart people have done a lot of really intensive studies and they have concluded that “post abortion syndrome” as a wide-spead occurrence is myth. Also, some more really smart people have assured me that abortion is pretty much one of the safest medical procedures I can undergo in the United States today and, that when performed in the first trimester, it poses little to no long-term risk to future pregnancies, should I ever decide to become pregnant again.

Fetus, as you can see, this is really the best decision for me and for the beautiful little boy who is sleeping with his arms curled around me. I want to go to school to become a sign language interpreter so I can hopefully get a place of my own and not have to rely on other people for my food and shelter. I want to provide a good, healthy, stable life for the child I already have and for any children I may have in the future. And I have thought about it a lot (because abortion is not something anyone enters into lightly) and I could not do that while caring for another child. I would apologize, but there is really nothing to apologize for. I am doing what I know in my heart is the absolute best thing for me and my son. You will not feel any pain, as you are not able to do that until about 24 weeks old, and you don’t even know you exist, so I doubt that you know that you are now gone.

Every abortion is just…

One more person exercising their right to bodily autonomy and self-determination based on what they feel is the best choice for them.

(All statistics, unless otherwise linked, have been provided by the Guttmacher Institute.)

++++++

This entire post is so unbelievably selfish, smug, and hate-filled, that I can taste bile when I read it.

All I can say - is to that person is - tough! You are not the only one with a tough life - you have an abortion you are a murder. Deal with that.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Also - if you never wanted another wanted another child - don't get pregnant in the first place - learn to keep your legs together!!!!

Making me soo angry!!!
Alpha~Omega
Recognized Member

Post by Alpha~Omega »

Yea, it may be nice and smug, but they'll get there just rewards for doing such a thing. One thing I find amusing is the apparent neglect of free will. This little goody here essentially states that this lady cannot control her hormones. Times like these that I get angry. They cry and cry and cry about how its so hard for them, yet when the best thing they could've done to avoid having another child ( and ultimately an abortion) is keeping those freaking legs closed.

but aww gee, that's just to much to ask of somebody!

Deuteronomy 32:35 It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."

Leave it to God, pray for their repentance. If not they will just wait for what their itching ears are waiting to hear. :crazymad: :twisted: :lalala:
The Neurotic Saint.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

This enrages me.

This line says it all: "But enough about you, let’s talk about me".

So. Angry.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Short1
Recognized Member

Post by Short1 »

No matter WHAT the situation is, what excuse is there for murdering humans? We do not allow any excuse to justify why we murdered someone, unless that person was about to cause undue harm to us.
Is a baby going to cause undue harm? Maybe, but in the majority of cases it is the 'victims' OWN FAULT for getting pregnant. They justify their murder with the 'hardship' point, while ignoring that THEY caused the problem.

As for rape victims, is it that human being's fault that their mother was raped? As if killing a person separate from the situation makes it all better.
A beautiful human being might be the one good thing that comes out of such a terrible event.

Rather than justify killing people in abortions, there need to be better options for victims of rape. We shouldn't purposely kill someone because it's 'too hard' to keep them alive.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Short, I agree. It's just another bi-product mentality of a self-centered, WIMPY culture. But try telling a woman to keep her legs closed (as a woman myself, I've suggested it, and I've been ridiculed).

If we start killing the unborn, where do we then draw the line? Oh right, we don't. Our culture is already allowing euthanasia for the elderly and the sick, whats next? John Paul II said it right; we're living a culture of death.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

I think it is selfish to assume that your child doesn't deserve the time to make their own choices and to assume what their life will be like from your own perspective. Why take their life from them just because you think it won't be a good life? y:-/
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:Short, I agree. It's just another bi-product mentality of a self-centered, WIMPY culture. But try telling a woman to keep her legs closed (as a woman myself, I've suggested it, and I've been ridiculed).

Agreed
StMonicaGuideMe wrote:If we start killing the unborn, where do we then draw the line? Oh right, we don't. Our culture is already allowing euthanasia for the elderly and the sick, whats next? John Paul II said it right; we're living a culture of death.
In the case of euthanasia, there really is more of an argument for it. Extreme pain for a few days before almost a certain death is pointless.

As to the slippery slope argument, society tends to gravitate towards laws that protect their own interests. Abortion is special in that there is no chance to be aborted for people within society, so they don't care. There is a chance they would be murdered if it was legal in a sense outside abortion, so they oppose it. Not to say everyone, but this is how things of this nature are deemed moral by a large amount of immoral people. I don't believe we are in any threat from secularists as to added death tolls outside of cases like these.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Echoside wrote:As to the slippery slope argument, society tends to gravitate towards laws that protect their own interests. Abortion is special in that there is no chance to be aborted for people within society, so they don't care. There is a chance they would be murdered if it was legal in a sense outside abortion, so they oppose it. Not to say everyone, but this is how things of this nature are deemed moral by a large amount of immoral people. I don't believe we are in any threat from secularists as to added death tolls outside of cases like these.
Good point.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Silvertusk wrote:
Rob wrote:Just ran across this blog that one of my friends on Facebook posted.

Hi, Fetus,

Every abortion is just…

++++++

All I can say - is to that person is - tough! You are not the only one with a tough life - you have an abortion you are a murder. Deal with that.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said Silvertusk , im so sick of people's stupidity, selfishness and cowardliness on this.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
aijeanskikz
Newbie Member

Post by aijeanskikz »

I would apologize, but there is really nothing to apologize for. I am doing what I know in my heart is the absolute best thing for me and my son. You will not feel any pain, as you are not able to do that until about 24 weeks old, and you don’t even know you exist, so I doubt that you know that you are now gone.
I doubt that the writers “miserable” situation will justify the abortion. Given she was doing it for his son and maybe she doesn’t want her upcoming child to suffer still the decision made cannot call “the best”, you’re killing an innocent life. There are reasons but God also has why it is given to you. :stars:
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

I'm sick of women acting like sluts and then not wanting to deal with the consequences. As a woman, I'm disgusted by the actions of my gender.

And Echo, it depends on how you view suffering. For the Christian, it is a part of our life, and the cross that we take up when we choose to follow Christ. Suffering can be used for extreme good, whether to teach yourself or others something. No one promised an easy or pain-free life and especially not an easy or pain-free death.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:I'm sick of women acting like sluts and then not wanting to deal with the consequences.

If you get sick from that you must have pneumonia living in today's society.

What's even worse is when "gansta gansta's" treat women like trash and property while talking about their "booty's" and at the time time flashing a 12 inch diamond cross on their chest.

Behold Exhibit 1
lil wayne.jpg
lil wayne.jpg (89.36 KiB) Viewed 5126 times
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte