Homosexuality

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Homosexuality

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Proinsias wrote:I may be mistaken but I was under the impression the catechism was basically the teachings of the RCC and was open to modification, i.e. women priest are not currently possible under the existing catechism.
I'm not sure which Catechism you are talking about. There is a little book that Catholic school children have which goes by the title Catechism and is presented in a question-and-answer format by which children learn the fundamentals of the faith. That catechism changes appearance and focus over the years but I'm talking about the Catechism which exposes & explains fundamental RCC doctrine. These are unchanging because based on Scripture, RCC tradition, writings of the Holy Fathers, RCC liturgy and the Magisterium. This particular point (doctrine) is covered in #11 and #12 of Catechism of the Catholic Church (a book as thick as any Bible). I'd love to quote 11 & 12 here but my copy is in French. If you google Catechism of the Catholic Church you can read it for yourself.

In any event, you can forget about women priests in the Roman Catholic Church. They are an impossibility, period. The same can be said for homosexual marriages by the RCC: impossible.

FL :incense:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +