100,000,000 to 150,000,000 street children in the world.

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: 100,000,000 to 150,000,000 street children in the world.

Post by ageofknowledge »

jlay wrote:Age,
I can't relate to the terrible things you are suffering now from the RA.

However, the tone of your post can not be ignored. I first sense a lot of bitterness. I certainly can understand being frustrated by your condition, and by the lack of help you have received from friends and family. However you are harboring unforgiveness. You have made that clear. I would gently encourage you to seek God's will in this, as I beleive that God is using this affliction to deal with some of your issues. Greed and unforgiveness are both sin. Both need to be repented of. And how can you honestly expect someone else to repent of their sin, when you cling to yours?
I already did in a 12 step Christian recovery group. I'm getting ready to go through another one when it opens. I know it's tough to hear such things and not extrapolate that someone sharing such things hasn't forgiven because they simply must not have given the things they are sharing but you are confusing the situation and my continuing pain with my never having forgiven them. I have forgiven them. But I'm still in pain every minute of every day and the situation is bad. They remain steadfast in their unrepentance and that causes continuing damage and pain. So I have to forgive them every day because I'm still being injured and made worse through gross neglect. Come walk a mile in my moccasins and you'll understand how it is necessary to both forgive the past, continue to forgive the present sin, neglect, and damage as it occurs daily because there is no change from them and still accurately relate the truth of the matter. All of which is logical if you understand it. So get the red wire on positive and the black one on negative friend. You've got your wires crossed.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Prov 9:8

I'm sorry for your condition, but you've got some real issues.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

jlay wrote:Prov 9:8

I'm sorry for your condition, but you've got some real issues.
One day at a time jlay... one day at a time.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Sorry, I've been gone for a few days.
ageofknowledge wrote: So get the red wire on positive and the black one on negative friend. You've got your wires crossed.
Actually, the white wire is negative and the black wire is positive (remember the Electrical Proverb: Beware of Blacks!) A red wire, if present with only a black wire, is negative. If a cable has 3 wires: a white, a black and a red wire then the red wire can be either positive or negative depending on the application.

Carry on.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Age, despite your condition — you can write / type. So why not try to write a short editorial on this subject? What do you really have to lose? Maybe in doing so, you'll begin to overcome what hinders you…

I know you can do this and who knows how God will use you to shout from the housetops about this plight! You got the fire for this task within you. Again - What do you really have to lose?

A 300 word editorial is not that long and with the fire in you for this task — you can do it…
So, What do you really have to lose?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Zebulon
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Zebulon »

Age,
For you:

Keep on going, I am living a sick life as well...

Kindly,

Zebulon
MadHatter
Newbie Member

Post by MadHatter »

I guess that's what this song was for back when it came out some years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtvqT_wMeY

It did help some kids.
I volunteered at a youth shelter for some time. Donate stuff there.

What else can be done?

I think almost everyone is overcome...financially, physically, or emotionally by something. We feel helpless. How can we help? In what way? and the little we do doesn't seem to matter. There's not enough time, we're tired, we're struggling with something. It is kind of sad, maybe pathetic. What is the solution? What will Jesus say when we finally go home? What a dissappointment .

How can we help these kids or anything?!

How depressing am I?!

ageofknowledge: can I ask what your physical struggle is?