This may not be any of my business, but...

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Ngakunui
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

This may not be any of my business, but...

Post by Ngakunui »

I can't help but think about every time I go into the city if there's anything wrong about dying hair.

Reason it may not be any of my business is because I don't.

But seriously, I doubt blue, pink, or anything else like that is a natural colour, unless all these city-folk are actually anime characters, which wouldn't surprise me considering how some of them dress- though their eyes are usually too small...

But aside from that, both my parents dye their hair in actual real colours they had originally to try and cover up their ages a bit. And of course I know other people who do the same. I don't have any intentions of dying my hair when it start to loose its colour, but that's because I haven't gotten to that bridge yet, and don't plan on it, unless I inherited genes from a certain part of my heritage in which members grey at about twenty, but whatever.

Would it count as "marking" one's self(as in with tattoos), or not? I don't think they had hair-dye back in ancient times, but something about people dying their hair violet-blue just seems... displaced, somehow. At least where I live.

Anyway, I just want to get some opinions on this, because I'm curious/clueless.

And please don't post cosplay convention pictures in your replies to creep me out. Just don't do it.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: This may not be any of my business, but...

Post by B. W. »

Ngakunui wrote:I can't help but think about every time I go into the city if there's anything wrong about dying hair.

Reason it may not be any of my business is because I don't.

But seriously, I doubt blue, pink, or anything else like that is a natural colour, unless all these city-folk are actually anime characters, which wouldn't surprise me considering how some of them dress- though their eyes are usually too small...

But aside from that, both my parents dye their hair in actual real colours they had originally to try and cover up their ages a bit. And of course I know other people who do the same. I don't have any intentions of dying my hair when it start to loose its colour, but that's because I haven't gotten to that bridge yet, and don't plan on it, unless I inherited genes from a certain part of my heritage in which members grey at about twenty, but whatever.

Would it count as "marking" one's self(as in with tattoos), or not? I don't think they had hair-dye back in ancient times, but something about people dying their hair violet-blue just seems... displaced, somehow. At least where I live.

Anyway, I just want to get some opinions on this, because I'm curious/clueless.

And please don't post cosplay convention pictures in your replies to creep me out. Just don't do it.

My opinion - I don't think so as hair and beard dye washes out in due time and the grey returns whiter than ever :lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

Mine dyed it's self, from dark brown to red and now white. :)
I am the wretch the song refers to.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

I don't see hair dying remotely close to tattoos.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

BavarianWheels wrote:.
I don't see hair dying remotely close to tattoos.
Agreed. Dying hair is akin to make up. Tattoos are more like cattle branding.

FL

PS I'm nearly 53 and have no grey hair. None. Zip. Nada. It is because I'm so holy.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Appolyon
Newbie Member
Sex: Female

Post by Appolyon »

Biblical days I do believe they used henna :ewink: It is all natural and was used since the ancient Egyptian days for skin tinitng, and hair colouring. I also use the ancient hair colouring as I refuse to use chemicals.
Enigma7457
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Enigma7457 »

Maybe I am confused, but what is wrong with purple hair dye or tattoos? I have a tattoo and plan on getting many more. Is that bad?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:It is because I'm so holy.
It's because you're bald :P ;) LOL

I see nothing wrong with dying hair, I actually wanted to dye mine with a bit of blue (as that is as close to my favorite color I can get I think with that sort of thing!)

Let me ask this about tattoos (though I know there is already a thread on it) what about Christian ones? Or is that also bad?
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Enigma7457
Valued Member

Post by Enigma7457 »

I have a tattoo on my arm of my daughters footprint. I don't see what would be wrong with that. Or really any nonoffensive tattoo.
The11thDr.
Established Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by The11thDr. »

What could possibly be wrong with dying your hair?

Trust me, I'm the doctor.
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

Well, we really must remember that many of the laws given were in cultural context. God didn't want the Jews to join with the rituals of their pagan neighbors, and didn't want them to defile their bodies. Tatoos were one of the ways those nations celebrated their cults, and still today tatoos often have Satanistic qualities. However, dyeing hair is not permanent and not religious (unless beauty is your religion), so it shouldn't affect your body forever. It can be washed away. What God thinks about this is beyond me, but I don't think it really affects your faith much.