Marijuana

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Marijuana

#1

Post by NIK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:22 am

I smoke Cannabis because it helps me in my every day existence. It makes me see more clearly and I speak to God when high. It is a plant that has been with us from the beginning of Gods creation of the universe. Why am I told not to consume it if it is one of Gods gifts to his people. Jesus was annointed with oils derived from plants so is it not right to annoint myself as did Jesus, Gods son? Or am I a lost sole? Am I going to Hell? Will I die and live with the devil? Please help me I'm so lost.

Marijuana is my saviour for it makes me as one with Jesus.

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Marijuana

#2

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:00 pm

NIK wrote:I smoke Cannabis because it helps me in my every day existence. It makes me see more clearly and I speak to God when high. It is a plant that has been with us from the beginning of Gods creation of the universe. Why am I told not to consume it if it is one of Gods gifts to his people. Jesus was annointed with oils derived from plants so is it not right to annoint myself as did Jesus, Gods son? Or am I a lost sole? Am I going to Hell? Will I die and live with the devil? Please help me I'm so lost.

Marijuana is my saviour for it makes me as one with Jesus.
Smoking Marijuana will neither make nor break your relationship with Christ...however if you're leaning on Marijuana as much as your last comment suggests, I'm guessing it will break it.
.
.

NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Marijuana

#3

Post by NIK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:30 pm

I can take it or leave it. The fact is it's a healing medicine so by choice I take it. I'm not addicted in any way but have a good relationship with it.

To make a point I've left you a great little article. It is Gods plant and it's good.

http://www.thc-ministry.net/cannabisinfo.htm

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Marijuana

#4

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:52 pm

NIK wrote:I can take it or leave it. The fact is it's a healing medicine so by choice I take it. I'm not addicted in any way but have a good relationship with it.

To make a point I've left you a great little article. It is Gods plant and it's good.

http://www.thc-ministry.net/cannabisinfo.htm
I'm not going to read that simply because I don't have the time nor the inclination. However I will ask, If it is a healing medicine, what are your symptoms and exactly how does smoking it help? ...btw, how is it you have a relationship with a plant you're smoking?
.
.

NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Marijuana

#5

Post by NIK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:22 pm

We are all at one with the world. Everything about the planet is linked because of the thoughfullness of God. He made us and he made plants. He made plants that are beneficial to human life and without these plants there would be no life. This is why I have a relationship with cannabis. If you dispute this then ask yourself this one question. Can we survive without the plant kingdom that was given us by God? Your refusal to even think about reading the thread I gave you makes you unchristian. I would have read anything you had given me to read because I care about other people and their beliefs. To end, the article is scientific and gives me more faith in God because he chose to give us this wonderfull plant. Bless you God.

NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Marijuana

#6

Post by NIK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:23 pm

The Cannabinoid System has been around for over 600 million years. Before the Dinosaurs.

The Cannabinoid System is continuously evolutioning and has been retained by all new species.

Food and feeding is at the heart of the Cannabinoid System.

1. Cannabinoids are in every living animal on the planet above Hydra and Mollusks, with the exception of insects. Bodies are homeostatically maintained by the Cannabinoid System.

2. Mothers give their babies a booster shot of cannabinoids in mothers milk to give them the munchies because they have to learn to eat. (they've been fed thru the umbilical cord and did not have to know how to eat.)

3. Mice lacking the CB1 receptors don't like any changes. If they are moved to another part of the cage they act upset and when they are put back to the original spot in the cage they relax, but if then put into another part of the cage they get upset again. Comment: I wonder if people, especially drug warriors, had their CB1 receptors blocked then they would resist change and the ones of us that have unblocked CB1 receptors enjoy the benefits of cannabinoids are a lot more relaxed and not paranoid about or over change. Interesting thought. It turns out that that thought is absolutely correct. Many people' brains are not capable of a good connection to the CB1 CB2 receptors.

4. All new species utilize cannabinoids.

5. By being alive and breathing air our bodies produce "free radicals". Cannabinoids help to reverse this action.

6. Cannabinoids do kill brain cells, but the brain cells they kill are called "Glioma" or Cancer of the brain(Tumor). All other brain cells are protected and healed by cannabinoids. (Glioma cells cannot tolerate the action of cannabinoids)

7. Cannabinoids protect against sunburn and skin cancer because of the CB1 receptors in our skin.

8. Cannabinoids slow down the aging process. Mice that their brains respond to cannabinoids live longer and mice that have brains that block the CB1 receptors die younger.

9. Activity in the evolutionary advanced areas of the brain is increased in cannabinoids receptors and promotes higher consciousness levels.

10. Cannabinoids are even found in the white blood cells (CB2 receptors). The CB2 receptors are found predominantly on immunological cells and regulate the shift in the immune system to the anti-inflammatory mode.

11. Cannabinoids protect the heart against Arythmia.

12. The way it works on pain is there is specific nerves that deal with pain. They are called vanilloid-Receptors. Anandamide(sanscript word for "Blissful Amide"), the bodies internally produced marijuana binds with the nerve endings, reducing pain. Anandamides are produced internally by our bodies in response to a whole variety of conditions. As an example, Aspirin prevents the breakdown of Anandamide, the internally produced marijuana to activate & start working at easing pain. How many old lady's say they "WOULD NEVER" use marijuana & are actually using the equivalent of marijuana that their bodies produce as a natural activity, & don't even realize it. And how many politicians and citizens of the US do this also & aren't even aware they are condemning something that their bodies make naturally. Anecdotal evidence is valid because when a person smokes marijuana & it relieves their pain, then they smoke it again & it relieves their pain again it becomes a fact known only to that person, but nonetheless true.

13. In the case of most autoimmune diseases, the bodies immune cells produces free radicals & is destroying it's own body as a foreign object. Cannabis pushes the immune system into anti inflammatory mode & helps slow the progression of that disease, thereby slowing down the aging process.

14. Seizures are controlled by marijuana not only THC, but non-psychoactive cannabidiol.(CBD) The exact mechanism is not known, however HEMP is high in CBD's & can cancel out the psychoactive high of THC & at the same time benefits the user or smoker. Cannabinoids control everything in our bodies including our minds.

15. There are many other things that Cannabinoids do in the body, besides attaching to the CB1 and CB2 receptors, the main cannabinoid receptors in the higher part of our brain. Cannabinoids affect our skin and other parts of our bodies.

16. Pharmaceutical companies are working at sythesizing different cannabinoid components and different types of strains of marijuana. If they can succeed, then there will be more choices for you and I to choose from and we will be able to use what works best for our particular bodies.

17. The natural course for mankind, because of the location of our CB1 CB2 the brains main receptors, is to be more stoned.

18. Drug warriors are not doing what they are doing to us because they are intentionally evil, but because they are more primitive(obtuse comes to mind). They look at the world with fear and hostility not cooperativity and understanding.

19. According to a brain function study of 150 depressed people Cannabis protects the brain against healthy cell death and it also protects Neurons.

20. Cannabinoids dilate our brochial tubes and help asthsma sufferers to breath both in and out. Because of the balance that is maintained in our bodies for good health there are instances where it works backwards, where death is possible, if too much is smoked. This goes back to the effects of cannabinoids on individuals and if it doesn't work for you, you should not use it. There was some old studies that were done back in 1977 where "AEROSOLIZED THC" was used on patients. This is not what the government tells us when they say it's not medicine, but we are all familiar with the 7 government patients that are supplied marijuana to be used as medicine and we know the government is lying.

Due to space constraints we're unable to publish the full text but we really can't recommend highly enough that you click the SOURCE link and read Dr Melamede's text in full. It provides solutions for a lot of unanaswered questions you may have about cannabis.

Dr. Robert J. Melamede Ph.D. Chairman of the Biology Department of the University of Colorado:
Conducting Scientific research on Cannabinoids

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Marijuana

#7

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:41 pm

NIK wrote:This is why I have a relationship with cannabis.
Thank you NIK...I think this about sums you up here.
.
.

NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Marijuana

#8

Post by NIK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:46 pm

What sums me up? I have an intelligent argument. All you have done is be dismissive. Shame on you. Did God create Cars? I think not. Are they bad for the planet? I think so. Are you a Christian? Only God can decide. I love you for what you are. Why not love me back?

NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Marijuana

#9

Post by NIK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:32 pm

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass and the Rastafarians smoked it.

Spike Milligan


Sorry, just thought I'd lightend the mood. :esurprised:

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Marijuana

#10

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:03 pm

NIK wrote:What sums me up? I have an intelligent argument. All you have done is be dismissive. Shame on you. Did God create Cars? I think not. Are they bad for the planet? I think so. Are you a Christian? Only God can decide. I love you for what you are. Why not love me back?
Paranoid, are we? It's a side effect of the Ganja! I "love" you...ok. By the way, which part of smoke is good for the planet?
.
.

NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Marijuana

#11

Post by NIK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:30 pm

OK now your getting petty. First you can eat cannabis. Second, I have no paranoia and find it strange that you think I have. Third, you have not attempted to disagree with what I have said so far. You are only attempting to put me down as a person and as a human being. Smoke occurs naturally when plants and trees burn. Its one of the worlds subtle ways of regeneration. When forests burn new plants will grow as a result. Try putting your mouth to the exhaust pipe of your car, and then tell me the result. Oh no you couldn't, could you. Your not the brightest person are you foolish man. Your argument if there is one is pityfull. Never the less God will love you. Although I doubt very much if he likes you all the same. :twisted:

User avatar
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Marijuana

#12

Post by BavarianWheels » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:55 pm

NIK wrote:OK now your getting petty. First you can eat cannabis. Second, I have no paranoia and find it strange that you think I have. Third, you have not attempted to disagree with what I have said so far. You are only attempting to put me down as a person and as a human being. Smoke occurs naturally when plants and trees burn. Its one of the worlds subtle ways of regeneration. When forests burn new plants will grow as a result. Try putting your mouth to the exhaust pipe of your car, and then tell me the result. Oh no you couldn't, could you. Your not the brightest person are you foolish man. Your argument if there is one is pityfull. Never the less God will love you. Although I doubt very much if he likes you all the same. :twisted:
I didnt' ask what part NATURAL forest fires play on the part of the planet's health...I asked what part of SMOKE that you exhale in smoking Weed is helping the planet?...and you still didn't answer what your symptoms of sickness are and how the cannabis is helping specifically. You stated it was a "healing medicine" I can ask the court reporter to read back your answer if you need...
NIK wrote:I can take it or leave it. The fact is it's a healing medicine so by choice I take it. I'm not addicted in any way but have a good relationship with it.
Now...for the last time, what are your symptoms of sickness and how is the cannabis healing you. And if it's healing you, how long will the healing process take?
.
.

NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Marijuana

#13

Post by NIK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Sorry I didn't answer this earlier. How rude of me. It helps me cope with pain caused by a serious accident which fractured my skull and also affected my moods. It staves off depression and also helps me cope more easily with life. I just wanted to judge your character a little before telling you about my ills its always got in the way before.

User avatar
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 260 times

Re: Marijuana

#14

Post by B. W. » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Thank you NIK for sharing.

Jesus Christ has more answers than the flowering Herb.

No one is judging you here but they may make a few wise cracks, so be prepared 8-}2

Also, one last question - do you consider a Christian?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

NIK
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Marijuana

#15

Post by NIK » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:34 am

God gave us the herb. Do you not think it was for the good of all mankind? It's always Jesus who will answer. It's as if you have no minds of your own. Think about it. We as a race have to make our way in life being good and kind to others. We have the commandments to help us lead a good life by not harming others. The food was given to us by God to feed us. The herbs that God has given us also help us. What was Gods plan? Why give us Marijuana? Was it a mistake? No because God doesn't make mistakes. It is only the sharlatans who take the Bible and interprete it and mold it into their own way of thinking that are wrong. Think about it. Your government goes to war. They should not but they do. Who is listening to God. Would god say to you GO OUT AND KILL? No!

I take the Herb and enjoy the Herb that is Gods gift to the world. You can't say any different. If you do you are hypocryts.

And be ready for a few digs did you say?

Shows how trully christian people are on this site. They disgust me. What a way to treat your fellow man. By slating his opinion and giving him a hard time. Is that what God and the scriptures teach you? I think not. You should be ashamed.

Post Reply