Vaccination Dilemma

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
purple
Newbie Member

Vaccination Dilemma

Post by purple »

I am a new mom. My baby is 5 months. I am deciding whether to vaccinate. My baby had a difficult birth and was contraindicated for at least a year, so I have had time to read about this issue and do some investigating. I have learned that some vaccines contain cells derived from human aborted fetal tissue (some MMR combos and chickenpox, e.g.). Others contain monkey tissue and chicken embryos. I am certain this cannot be okay with God. I have wondered if the rise in autism charged to the MMR could be a result of His wrath? I am also afraid of not offering my child protection against certain illnesses. Any thoughts?
Last edited by purple on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: christian parents--question

Post by puritan lad »

purple wrote:I am a new mom. My baby is 5 months. I am deciding whether to vaccinate. My baby had a difficult birth and was contraindicated for at least a year, so I have had time to read about this issue and do some investigating. I have learned that some vaccines contain cells derived from human aborted fetal tissue (some MMR combos and chickenpox, e.g.). Others contain monkey tissue and chicken embryos. I am certain this cannot be okay with God. I have wondered if the rise in autism charged to the MMR could be a result of His wrath? I am also afraid of not offering my child protection against certain illnesses. Any thoughts?
I would say vaccinate. Your lack of doing so will not save a single human embryo (if in fact the above is true, and that itself is questionable).

Chicken Pox???? Human Embryo??? Can someone confirm this?????
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
purple
Newbie Member

Post by purple »

purple
Newbie Member

Post by purple »

Here's more information: http://www.life.org/vac.html

But, if I vaccinate my child with vaccines containing cells acquired from aborted children, aren't I condoning abortion and murder? Is it okay to abort children just as long as we use their bodies for purposes which "help" mankind?
andyredeemed
Recognized Member
Christian: No

mmr vaccination

Post by andyredeemed »

Purple. I agree this is a difficult one. I have five kids, and all have been vaccinated with the triple. I didn't know about the possibility that vaccine might be manufactured using material from aborted foetuses, and I'm not certain that it would have changed my choice. As Puritanlad says, it wouldn't save any children not to use it. I don't think we can be held morally responsible for the decisions of others, or that benefiting from others moral choices affirms our agreement with their choice, or if so, only to a point. I don't condone war, but I don't regret the fact that I don't live in a Britain ruled by Nazi Germany.
As for the issue of vaccines made from chicken or monkey material, well, if I was a vegetarian, this might be an issue, but as far as being a Christian is concerned, it's morally equivalent to eating meat. We use heart-valves from pigs in heart surgery on humans, and many lives have been saved through it.
In fact, the chief Rabbi of Britain has even said that pig tissue is ok for Jews to receive in life-saving surgery. (and I think that if I where Jewish, I would approach such an issue with extreme seriousness).
We are expecting another child in August, and I will have it vaccinated just the same as the others. The link between autism and MMR remains unproven, and children really do die of measles(even if it's not common).
Is it possible to request that specific vaccines NOT manufactured from foetuses be used on your children? I know that vegetarians can make such requests when an alternative therapy exists.
God is good
purple
Newbie Member

Post by purple »

:( It makes me very sad to hear you say those things, andy. Of course we are responsible for others' actions...we are responsible in how we react. Accepting the marketing of vaccines which make use of murdered children is supporting the murder of children. That is why, as an animal activist, I do not wear furs. It is true that I cannot save those animals already killed for their furs, but I can make a statement and not support their slaughter.

If using a vaccine that contains chicken or monkey material/dna is the same as eating that monkey or chicken, are we eating dead babies?

The link between autism and the MMR has been supported in many studies. There is a definite link, the question is why?

And, no, there are no vaccines available to replace those which condone the murder of children. No one seems to know or care. Christians seem to think it's not a big deal. No one is fighting to pressure pharmaceutical companies/gov. to develop vaccines which are "cleaner". Or, everyone thinks it's okay because they are afraid to protest or do not like the inconvenience of protest.

It is an abomination in the eyes of my God.
purple
Newbie Member

Post by purple »

purple
Newbie Member

Post by purple »

I am going to get a religious exemption.