harry potter

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: harry potter

Post by jenna »

Shoulda known you'd jump in and open your mouth at some point. Don't even say ANYTHING to me. y=;
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

jenwat3 wrote:Shoulda known you'd jump in and open your mouth at some point. Don't even say ANYTHING to me. y=;
I don't even know what you are talking about. y:-?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

No, of course not. Makes me wonder about you. y=;
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
FFC

Post by FFC »

jenwat3 wrote:No, of course not. Makes me wonder about you. y=;
Jenna and I just did a quick scene for you from the up coming Harry Potter movie..."Harry Potter and the Chamber of secret sweaters". :esurprised:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

FFC wrote:
jenwat3 wrote:No, of course not. Makes me wonder about you. y=;
Jenna and I just did a quick scene for you from the up coming Harry Potter movie..."Harry Potter and the Chamber of secret sweaters". :esurprised:
Or the chamber of secret skeletons. 8)
johnt
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by johnt »

I think it's healthy to break away from reality every now and then. Just like watching the Three Stooges or Amos and Andy and laughing for a while. No thought, no lesson just a good laugh. Watching sci-fi, comedy or fictional series is also good entertainment and without it life would be a bore. Excercising the imagination in my opinion is healthy. There are so many great movies and shorts made over the years like John Wayne, Mel Gbson flicks and I love Lucy episodes. I could go on forever yet they are meant to be entertainment and that's it. Where a person gets into trouble is when they can't separate reality from fantasy whether because of a movie or some other kind of outside stimuli. People are still resposible to themselves for their own thoughts and actions plain and simple. Just my opinion.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

johnt wrote:I think it's healthy to break away from reality every now and then. Just like watching the Three Stooges or Amos and Andy and laughing for a while. No thought, no lesson just a good laugh. Watching sci-fi, comedy or fictional series is also good entertainment and without it life would be a bore. Excercising the imagination in my opinion is healthy. There are so many great movies and shorts made over the years like John Wayne, Mel Gbson flicks and I love Lucy episodes. I could go on forever yet they are meant to be entertainment and that's it. Where a person gets into trouble is when they can't separate reality from fantasy whether because of a movie or some other kind of outside stimuli. People are still resposible to themselves for their own thoughts and actions plain and simple. Just my opinion.
My opinion, it seems you take everything too seriously John. This thread was supposed to end in a JOKE. No offense, I hope, but lighten up a little! :ewink:
johnt
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by johnt »

No offense taken. Let me in on the humour. I guess it just went over my head.
FFC

Post by FFC »

johnt wrote:No offense taken. Let me in on the humour. I guess it just went over my head.
It's ok. It went over ours too but we didn't want to admit it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave:

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.