Ethics on killing?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
User avatar
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:22 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#76

Post by Mastermind » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:26 pm

I admit I do not know if killing in that particular situation is right or wrong, and I pray that if I am wrong, God should forgive me. However, I do not have the audacity to say it's right or wrong just to please you, for I could just as easily not shoot, die with the girl, and when brought before the Tribunal of God, He should ask me "You could have saved her life. Now she died a sinner and burns in Hell. Why?"

SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#77

Post by SourceofLiFe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:36 pm

Mastermind wrote:I admit I do not know if killing in that particular situation is right or wrong, and I pray that if I am wrong, God should forgive me. However, I do not have the audacity to say it's right or wrong just to please you, for I could just as easily not shoot, die with the girl, and when brought before the Tribunal of God, He should ask me "You could have saved her life. Now she died a sinner and burns in Hell. Why?"
If you don't know killing in that particular situation as right or wrong, then you have no right to say it is right to kill given under certain circumstances and situation.

If you don't even know it yourself on one small piece of the entire mass, why are you trying to justify on behalf of the general mass of situations in killing?

User avatar
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:22 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#78

Post by Mastermind » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:45 pm

SourceofLiFe wrote: If you don't know killing in that particular situation as right or wrong, then you have no right to say it is right to kill given under certain circumstances and situation.

If you don't even know it yourself on one small piece of the entire mass, why are you trying to justify on behalf of the general mass of situations in killing?
I would do what the Lord will put in my heart at the moment. You on the other hand claim to have absolute knowledge of God, and as such are too unreliable to trust. God bless you.

SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#79

Post by SourceofLiFe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:57 pm

Mastermind wrote:
SourceofLiFe wrote: If you don't know killing in that particular situation as right or wrong, then you have no right to say it is right to kill given under certain circumstances and situation.

If you don't even know it yourself on one small piece of the entire mass, why are you trying to justify on behalf of the general mass of situations in killing?
I would do what the Lord will put in my heart at the moment. You on the other hand claim to have absolute knowledge of God, and as such are too unreliable to trust. God bless you.
I do not and did not claim that I have absolute knowledge of God.
Why would I say that when I clearly state that we human beings don't even know ourselves as much as God knows us. And human beings equal one creation from God. So do not flasify facts and deceive the audience. You can look into all my post and see for yourself whether I claim absolute knowledge of God.

You said that you would do what the Lord will put in your heart at the moment, thats exactly the problem I'm trying to raise to you. How would you know that is from your Lord? You could be deceived by Satan into thinking that is from your Lord. And you took no action or concern to confirm it, so that worries me.

I think you are the one that thinks I hold absolute knowledge of God because you somewhat agreed with the things I say deep inside, but you just refuse to accept it even if you agree to it. If you don't think me as holding absolute knowledge of God, otherwise you wouldn't think so!

It's you who is manipulating yourself.

User avatar
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:22 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#80

Post by Mastermind » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:04 pm

If I were to think as you do, I would be afraid to do anything because I'm afraid it might be from Satan. If you had faith in God, you would not be worried about Satan, because he cannot touch you. I have faith that God will let me know what I need to know, and guide me when I need guiding. If Satan thinks he can break the bond between any true believer and God, I dare him to try.

SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#81

Post by SourceofLiFe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:07 pm

Mastermind wrote:If I were to think as you do, I would be afraid to do anything because I'm afraid it might be from Satan. If you had faith in God, you would not be worried about Satan, because he cannot touch you. I have faith that God will let me know what I need to know, and guide me when I need guiding. If Satan thinks he can break the bond between any true believer and God, I dare him to try.
It is good that you have faith in God.

But you must understand that you are not on the level of God, you are a human being born from this time of the world. You have your limitations and you can be tricked by Satan, and to believe that Satan can't touch you is already an deception, because he would be making you think in that way so you don't seek help when you truly need it, then take over control of you.

SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#82

Post by SourceofLiFe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:10 pm

Just remember, the people that God values to do great things are equally valued by Satan!

If you truly have faith in God and truly love God, it is your responsibility to make sure you reach God through the right way.

You can't be easily targeted, you have to be hard to reach, even for God.
God knows that and won't blame you, because God has patience and peace while Satan don't have that peace and patience in him.
So once God truly took control you, it offers assurance that Satan cannot approach you.

User avatar
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:22 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#83

Post by Mastermind » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:12 pm

Satan cannot touch the servant of God. If I were to believe that Satan can, then there is no hope for any of us. At any rate, I have no reason not to trust the Spirit, since so far you've been misunderstanding, and, in my opinion, twisting my words to prove your point. That's not an effective way to make me question my reasoning. It is true, I have my limitations. I can't jump out my window headfirst and expect not to get hurt. God on the other hand has no limitations, and if He is with me, Satan cannot approach.

SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#84

Post by SourceofLiFe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:18 pm

Mastermind wrote:Satan cannot touch the servant of God..
Satan cannot touch the Servant of God?

Are you serious?

Satan WAS A SERVANT OF GOD, if he can make himself not obey God and turn against God, how can you think he can't do it to you?

Those fallen angels were once angels of God, created by God, then Satan "touch the servant of God" and change them into against God.

Is Adam and Eve not servant of God?
If Satan can't touch servant of God, why would he even bother? Especially trying to "touch" God's beloved son?

SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#85

Post by SourceofLiFe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:21 pm

I feel sad, I am sad because I feel that I can't help you.

I tried but you just seem to think I'm hostile and not accept some "truth"
You can verify these truth if you tried to do so.

I'll leave you be as you want. Just try to keep your opinion to yourself and I'll keep my opinion to myself.

That way we don't have any direct conflict.

User avatar
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:22 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#86

Post by Mastermind » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:24 pm

SourceofLiFe wrote:
Mastermind wrote:Satan cannot touch the servant of God..
Satan cannot touch the Servant of God?

Are you serious?

Satan WAS A SERVANT OF GOD, if he can make himself not obey God and turn against God, how can you think he can't do it to you?

Those fallen angels were once angels of God, created by God, then Satan "touch the servant of God" and change them into against God.

Is Adam and Eve not servant of God?
If Satan can't touch servant of God, why would he even bother? Especially trying to "touch" God's beloved son?
Can Satan tempt Jesus? If you believe he is God, then you know he cannot. Satan KNOWS he is God, and he KNOWS he can't tempt God. But he tries anyway. Why? He is pure evil. It is his job to try. Again, you are assuming I am wrong and you are right. What makes you think you are guiding me towards the light? If Satan can have anybody in his grasp, what makes you think he can't have you, or that he doesn't have you in his grasp right now? Nothing that I have stated goes against God's law as stated by the Bible, and you have failed to prove otherwise.

SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#87

Post by SourceofLiFe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:29 pm

Nothing you said thats against the bible?

Swearing, Tattoo, Killing human being, justifying homosexuality.

If you don't even know those are wrong, then you are in trouble.

I'm not going to carry on with you, I have tried and God will forgive me for not able to help you.

User avatar
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:22 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#88

Post by Mastermind » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:36 pm

*sigh*

Still manipulating my words. I guess you'll go on unable to admit you are wrong. God be with yoy. At least we agree on one point: We are wasting our time.

SourceofLiFe
Recognized Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:14 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#89

Post by SourceofLiFe » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:37 pm

Mastermind wrote:
SourceofLiFe wrote:
Mastermind wrote:Satan cannot touch the servant of God..
Satan cannot touch the Servant of God?

Are you serious?

Satan WAS A SERVANT OF GOD, if he can make himself not obey God and turn against God, how can you think he can't do it to you?

Those fallen angels were once angels of God, created by God, then Satan "touch the servant of God" and change them into against God.

Is Adam and Eve not servant of God?
If Satan can't touch servant of God, why would he even bother? Especially trying to "touch" God's beloved son?
Can Satan tempt Jesus? If you believe he is God, then you know he cannot. Satan KNOWS he is God, and he KNOWS he can't tempt God. But he tries anyway. Why? He is pure evil. It is his job to try. Again, you are assuming I am wrong and you are right. What makes you think you are guiding me towards the light? If Satan can have anybody in his grasp, what makes you think he can't have you, or that he doesn't have you in his grasp right now? Nothing that I have stated goes against God's law as stated by the Bible, and you have failed to prove otherwise.
He can tempt Lord Jesus, and he did tempt Lord Jesus...

Do you understand what tempting means?

It doesn't matter whether the outcome of the temptation is to his desired effect or not, regardless he placed an "temptation" on Jesus Christ and tempted Christ. Just that the outcome of the temptation didn't turn out to be his desired effect.

He already tempted Jesus Christ therefore he can tempt Christ. If he can tempt Christ, how can he not tempt you and me?

To think he can't tempt us is unreal.

The world tempt means it's an "attempt"
Meaning it's already an action carried out without any further conclusion to define the meaning.

Resisting the temptation to bring a specific outcome doesn't mean you can't be tempted!

User avatar
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:22 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#90

Post by Mastermind » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:39 pm

Back to semantics again. You know exactly what I meant. Perhaps I should use a dictionary to verify every word I write to make sure you don't degrade to using that against me in future discussions.

Post Reply