Protest Against Abortion...

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Veronica
Recognized Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:40 am
Christian: No
Location: Canada
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Protest Against Abortion...

#1

Post by Veronica » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:56 pm

Protest Against Abortion Will Silence Students at Hundreds of Campuses on October 25

FREDERICKSBURG, VA, September 28, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Stand True Ministries is gearing up for the second annual Students' Day of Silent Solidarity (http://www.silentday.org ) on Tuesday, October 25. On this date, students from hundreds of campuses in both the United States and Canada will take a vow of silence to express their contempt for the murderous act of abortion that has claimed one-third of their generation and continues to take the lives of over 4,000 babies per day in the United States alone.

"Thousands of American babies are permanently silenced every day by the violent act of abortion," said Bryan Kemper, president of Stand True Ministries. "This day is in honor of those children, and we will stay silent as an act of solidarity with these innocent victims."

Students will not only remain silent, but will also wear red armbands and or red duct tape on their mouths and distribute educational flyers to anyone who asks why they are silent. Many home-schooled students will also participate in the event by visiting local malls and other public areas to distribute flyers.

"This year's response to this event has been astounding," said Kemper. The event is a month away and we have commitments to participate from students and groups at over 350 campuses throughout North America.

"These students are excited to have a united opportunity to stand up for the babies with fellow students from around the country in a peaceful and effective manner," said Kemper. "We have received many e-mails from students thanking us for giving them this opportunity, and telling us how excited they are to promote the event."

The Students' Day of Silent Solidarity is Tuesday, October 25. There is no cost to participate. Flyers are available as PDFs to download at http://www.silentday.org or http://www.standtrue.com


http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/sep/05092806.html

I just ask for your prayers, and for your possible involvement on this day.
It is also a great opportunity to tell people about Jesus ;)

Blessings and Prayers,
Veronica

*note: While being silent is an important part of this day, we always want to be aware of opportunities to minister to people. If you meet someone that is struggling with making a decision about abortion or maybe has been hurt by abortion don't hesitate to talk to them. It is more important to be there for them than to be legalistic about being silent. (http://www.standtrue.com/index2.html)

tarreyl
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:29 pm
Christian: No
Location: minneapolis mn
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

dear veronica

#2

Post by tarreyl » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:46 pm

How can we tell people what to do with their body? I can't tell someone else what to do with their body. I don'nt understand President Bush who is cutting money to abortion but then then there are the young girls who have new borns and don't want them so they put them in a plastic garbage bag and then dump them in a dumpster to die. Then they get the new born back after they left the new born for died what kind of justice is that ? How about girls who go on welfare because they can't afford to support the child so then the tax payers have to pay for this girl to take care of this baby. Why should I have to pay for this baby this girl had because she made a stupid mistake because she didn't think before she acted. I think that Bush should keep his religous view separate from his political views. That is religous views shouldn't run the country. Should we then go in people house and tell them what to do? No nor should we tell them what to do with their body.

kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:07 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota, US
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#3

Post by kateliz » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:11 pm

I was very pleased to read that article, and sad that I couldn't participate, (too late, not in school.) Thank you for sharing that, Veronica, and also the note on talking to one thinking about having an abortion.


I've been working with tarreyl on the abortion issue for... seven years now. Seven??? She now disagrees with late term abortion, and would never even consider having an abortion herself. She's appalled by the thought, even. But she illogically doesn't think you should regulate other people's decisions about it.

She's a staunch democrat, (and slowly, oh so slowly, becoming less and less liberal- though don't tell her that! :wink: ) but doesn't get how there are other ways to deal with teenage pregancy and unwanted pregnancies, (the concept of adoption and responsibility allude her entirely!). And it's funny, she complains of paying for people on welfare, but won't let them cut any of the money, or reform it to get people off their butts or more accountable! She knows the story of how easy it is to get on welfare for pregnant teens, yet she as a staunch democrat doesn't want to change anything about how the system works! *Shakes head*

Good luck anyone who wants to take her on with this! Just remember, when presenting facts and logic fail, use sarcasm to drive your point into her thick skull! Only way to make it work, or so I've found. (Sorry if the truth hurts, Tipsy! 8) )

tarreyl
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:29 pm
Christian: No
Location: minneapolis mn
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

katliz and I Have big argement about abortion

#4

Post by tarreyl » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:13 pm

This is another thing Katie and I don't agree about. I will never change me view and she won't change my mind no matter what she says to me. I think that young girls shouldn't have to try to hurt themselve to get rid of the baby themselve instead of going to a clinic and having doctors who now what they are doing do it. I think that it that are society is saying that it is ok for girl to get pregnant that it is ok that they can go on welfare and that we support them if they make a mistake. If I make a mistake in life I have to take reponsablity not have someone else take responsiblity for my mistake. Katie can right I would never do it personally but I have a friend who is 18 years old and she got pregnant and is no way responsible enought to take care of a child when she can't even take care of her selve. She wanted to keep the baby when she was in no way able to give that baby what it need to be have a good life. What if this girl was rapped should she have to carry the baby 9 month? because someone else rapped her ? no I think that it would be to hard for that women to have to deal with getting rapped but then to be remind that this man who rapped her is the father of this baby? is that right? What if It the mother life or the childs then is it? who life is worth more? she can always have more children ? but if she dies to have the child then she and the baby could both die.

I want to hear other people thought other then katiliz I already now how she feel about this issues I want to hear what you other christens think about abortion ?

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9891
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 642 times

Re: dear veronica

#5

Post by Kurieuo » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:47 pm

tarreyl wrote:How can we tell people what to do with their body?
Is that really the issue? Isn't the issue more whether the unborn baby is its own body? Two other threads this has been discussed within if interested are Abortion - life begins when . . . ? and Is Abortion Murder?

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
Deborah
Senior Member
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:55 pm
Christian: No
Location: Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#6

Post by Deborah » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:19 pm

What if this girl was rapped should she have to carry the baby 9 month? because someone else rapped her ? no I think that it would be to hard for that women to have to deal with getting rapped but then to be remind that this man who rapped her is the father of this baby? is that right?

While this would be understandable to some of us. After carrying a baby for 9 months one can have it adopted out. Versis living the rest of ones life knowing that she killed her baby.
Killing an unborn child is not an instant fix, it is bad enough to be a victum of rape without adding the murder of an innocent baby to it. The father does not hold us respensable for the sins of our parents, so why should we hold this child responsable for something he/she had no power over.
I know what I would pick.
What if It the mother life or the childs then is it? who life is worth more? she can always have more children ? but if she dies to have the child then she and the baby could both die.

This is a personal choice, and a sad one. Personally I would never trade my life for the life of my child, if my child had any chance at all I would chose the child's life over my own. Yes I have other children, but I also have a loving family that would care for those I love.

I do not like or agree with abortion, but nor will I condem those who disagree with me. My reasons, I couldn't live with such a thing, for those who can, they are stronger than me.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”

User avatar
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:11 pm
Christian: No
Location: Calgary
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: katliz and I Have big argement about abortion

#7

Post by bizzt » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:27 pm

tarreyl wrote:This is another thing Katie and I don't agree about. I will never change me view and she won't change my mind no matter what she says to me. I think that young girls shouldn't have to try to hurt themselve to get rid of the baby themselve instead of going to a clinic and having doctors who now what they are doing do it. I think that it that are society is saying that it is ok for girl to get pregnant that it is ok that they can go on welfare and that we support them if they make a mistake. If I make a mistake in life I have to take reponsablity not have someone else take responsiblity for my mistake. Katie can right I would never do it personally but I have a friend who is 18 years old and she got pregnant and is no way responsible enought to take care of a child when she can't even take care of her selve. She wanted to keep the baby when she was in no way able to give that baby what it need to be have a good life. What if this girl was rapped should she have to carry the baby 9 month? because someone else rapped her ? no I think that it would be to hard for that women to have to deal with getting rapped but then to be remind that this man who rapped her is the father of this baby? is that right? What if It the mother life or the childs then is it? who life is worth more? she can always have more children ? but if she dies to have the child then she and the baby could both die.

I want to hear other people thought other then katiliz I already now how she feel about this issues I want to hear what you other christens think about abortion ?
First of all who said your Body is yours?
Christ is the Head of your Body not you

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Phi 1:20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that in nothing shall I be put to shame, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether by life, or by death.
First of all I will let the Bible speak for itself!!!

2nd! Is that Baby Alive or just some Chemically Bonded Cells clumped together!
God knitted you together!!!

Psa 10:8 He (is this the Devil?) sitteth in the lurking-places of the villages; In the secret places doth he murder the innocent; His eyes are privily set against the helpless.

Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not Murder.

Psa 127:3 Lo, children are a heritage of Jehovah; And the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Psa 71:6 By thee have I been holden up from the womb; Thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: My praise shall be continually of thee.

Psa 139:13 For thou didst form my inward parts: Thou didst cover me in my mother's womb.

Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:26 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: dear veronica

#8

Post by Jbuza » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:27 pm

tarreyl wrote:there are the young girls who have new borns and don't want them so they put them in a plastic garbage bag and then dump them in a dumpster to die. Then they get the new born back after they left the new born for died what kind of justice is that ?
How is that any different than a doctor puncturing a little ones skull and disposing of little bodies? Are you saying how can we stop killing babies because someone might possibly kill a baby? I guess you are in favor of Abortion because of all the social problems it solves? <sarcasm>

Mystical
Valued Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#9

Post by Mystical » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:12 pm

Such a tough issue. I can't make up my mind about this one. Making abortions illegal won't stop them (at least not for the rich). It will create alot of unwanted babies: more child abuse, more criminals, more poverty. I don't know if we have the right to interfere in this sin beyond education. One way to make it okay might be to compensate mothers who are forced to carry their unwanted babies. Maybe also to insure accomodations for the unwanted baby that are acceptable to the mother who is forced to carry the child.

It's very sad. :cry: I don't often see much hope for this world.

User avatar
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:11 pm
Christian: No
Location: Calgary
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#10

Post by bizzt » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:54 am

Mystical wrote:Such a tough issue. I can't make up my mind about this one. Making abortions illegal won't stop them (at least not for the rich). It will create alot of unwanted babies: more child abuse, more criminals, more poverty. I don't know if we have the right to interfere in this sin beyond education. One way to make it okay might be to compensate mothers who are forced to carry their unwanted babies. Maybe also to insure accomodations for the unwanted baby that are acceptable to the mother who is forced to carry the child.

It's very sad. :cry: I don't often see much hope for this world.
That is correct however we have a Moral obligation to have a law to stop Abortions. Not only Moral but having an Abortion is Health Risk for a Mother! I am sure there are more then enough people in the World that would want unwanted Babies!!! If Adoption was not as expensive as it is then My wife and I would adopt! The Devil wants us to give up, Satan likes us to not interfere with the Sin of this World. What I don't understand even if it is a Rape Victim a Baby is a Baby period. It may have been unwanted at the time but someone wants that Baby whether it be the Mother or someone who wants to adopt! Doesn't Everyone love Capitalism sometimes :(

Anyways just some thoughts to think on

User avatar
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:44 am
Christian: No
Location: Washington D.C.
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 12 times

#11

Post by BGoodForGoodSake » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:57 pm

bizzt wrote:
Mystical wrote:Such a tough issue. I can't make up my mind about this one. Making abortions illegal won't stop them (at least not for the rich). It will create alot of unwanted babies: more child abuse, more criminals, more poverty. I don't know if we have the right to interfere in this sin beyond education. One way to make it okay might be to compensate mothers who are forced to carry their unwanted babies. Maybe also to insure accomodations for the unwanted baby that are acceptable to the mother who is forced to carry the child.

It's very sad. :cry: I don't often see much hope for this world.
That is correct however we have a Moral obligation to have a law to stop Abortions. Not only Moral but having an Abortion is Health Risk for a Mother! I am sure there are more then enough people in the World that would want unwanted Babies!!! If Adoption was not as expensive as it is then My wife and I would adopt! The Devil wants us to give up, Satan likes us to not interfere with the Sin of this World. What I don't understand even if it is a Rape Victim a Baby is a Baby period. It may have been unwanted at the time but someone wants that Baby whether it be the Mother or someone who wants to adopt! Doesn't Everyone love Capitalism sometimes :(

Anyways just some thoughts to think on
This is indeed a very complex issue. However I am uneasy at the thought of babies being seen as a commodity.

Also as Mystical said banning abortions will not lead to fewer abortions, and not only the rich as she stated. When abortions were illegal many young mothers, many of which were poor, lost their lives after performing abortions by themselves or with the help of ill trained individuals.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

tarreyl
Familiar Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:29 pm
Christian: No
Location: minneapolis mn
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

abortion

#12

Post by tarreyl » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:45 pm

how can I tell you to not to kill your baby women will just find other ways ot kill their baby. Why should we have them do it the safe way intstead of hurting themselve serious so they can never have kids of their own when they are ready. their are doctors who dont now how to get ride of the baby right they could hurt the mother that is what is going to happen if we get ride of abortion women will find hurt full ways of getting ride of their baby instead of doijng the right way. When do you think a baby is a baby when they are 1 week aleast growing inside you not when they concived like some I belive.

User avatar
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:11 pm
Christian: No
Location: Calgary
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#13

Post by bizzt » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:19 pm

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
bizzt wrote:
Mystical wrote:Such a tough issue. I can't make up my mind about this one. Making abortions illegal won't stop them (at least not for the rich). It will create alot of unwanted babies: more child abuse, more criminals, more poverty. I don't know if we have the right to interfere in this sin beyond education. One way to make it okay might be to compensate mothers who are forced to carry their unwanted babies. Maybe also to insure accomodations for the unwanted baby that are acceptable to the mother who is forced to carry the child.

It's very sad. :cry: I don't often see much hope for this world.
That is correct however we have a Moral obligation to have a law to stop Abortions. Not only Moral but having an Abortion is Health Risk for a Mother! I am sure there are more then enough people in the World that would want unwanted Babies!!! If Adoption was not as expensive as it is then My wife and I would adopt! The Devil wants us to give up, Satan likes us to not interfere with the Sin of this World. What I don't understand even if it is a Rape Victim a Baby is a Baby period. It may have been unwanted at the time but someone wants that Baby whether it be the Mother or someone who wants to adopt! Doesn't Everyone love Capitalism sometimes :(

Anyways just some thoughts to think on
This is indeed a very complex issue. However I am uneasy at the thought of babies being seen as a commodity.

Also as Mystical said banning abortions will not lead to fewer abortions, and not only the rich as she stated. When abortions were illegal many young mothers, many of which were poor, lost their lives after performing abortions by themselves or with the help of ill trained individuals.
I beg the Differ. Did people Abort Babies before Abortion was an Option? Do you have Stats on that? If Abortion were never an option if as a People we had enough Morality to know that it was wrong to take another humans life because of Inconvenience. (rape aside) Seriously since Abortion became an option how many Babies are lost each year? IN we'll say America? So we would not want people to perform Abortions on themselves so we give them a Doctor Assisted way. Why not the slashing of Wrists, Here let us help you and the "Killing Clinic" will take your life!

Sorry getting a little heated :oops:

User avatar
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:11 pm
Christian: No
Location: Calgary
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: abortion

#14

Post by bizzt » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:22 pm

tarreyl wrote:how can I tell you to not to kill your baby women will just find other ways ot kill their baby. Why should we have them do it the safe way intstead of hurting themselve serious so they can never have kids of their own when they are ready. their are doctors who dont now how to get ride of the baby right they could hurt the mother that is what is going to happen if we get ride of abortion women will find hurt full ways of getting ride of their baby instead of doijng the right way. When do you think a baby is a baby when they are 1 week aleast growing inside you not when they concived like some I belive.
God Knew you before you were Born so I believe at Conception when the Sperm Fertilizes the Egg. Tell me how old the Baby is when you first find out? By the time my wife and I found out our Son was already 4 weeks old.

User avatar
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:44 am
Christian: No
Location: Washington D.C.
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 12 times

#15

Post by BGoodForGoodSake » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:06 pm

bizzt wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
bizzt wrote: That is correct however we have a Moral obligation to have a law to stop Abortions. Not only Moral but having an Abortion is Health Risk for a Mother! I am sure there are more then enough people in the World that would want unwanted Babies!!! If Adoption was not as expensive as it is then My wife and I would adopt! The Devil wants us to give up, Satan likes us to not interfere with the Sin of this World. What I don't understand even if it is a Rape Victim a Baby is a Baby period. It may have been unwanted at the time but someone wants that Baby whether it be the Mother or someone who wants to adopt! Doesn't Everyone love Capitalism sometimes :(

Anyways just some thoughts to think on
This is indeed a very complex issue. However I am uneasy at the thought of babies being seen as a commodity.

Also as Mystical said banning abortions will not lead to fewer abortions, and not only the rich as she stated. When abortions were illegal many young mothers, many of which were poor, lost their lives after performing abortions by themselves or with the help of ill trained individuals.
I beg the Differ. Did people Abort Babies before Abortion was an Option? Do you have Stats on that? If Abortion were never an option if as a People we had enough Morality to know that it was wrong to take another humans life because of Inconvenience. (rape aside) Seriously since Abortion became an option how many Babies are lost each year? IN we'll say America? So we would not want people to perform Abortions on themselves so we give them a Doctor Assisted way. Why not the slashing of Wrists, Here let us help you and the "Killing Clinic" will take your life!

Sorry getting a little heated :oops:
Keep in mind I am against abortion. However the truth still stands.
http://www.womenscommunitymedicalclinic.com/myths.html
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Post Reply