Gender, Bender, Blender and Schools

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Gender, Bender, Blender and Schools

Post by Philip »

What do you guys think about this situation with this gym teacher?

Per a rule that would require teachers and other school staff to address "gender-expansive or transgender students" with their preferred name, pronouns and gender? Is doing so lying to the student in question, or just being civil and accomodating the kid's personal self-identification?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-lou ... reme-court
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Gender, Bender, Blender and Schools

Post by RickD »

Jordan Peterson has been fighting against this same kind of issue in Canada. There was a bill proposed in Canada, if passed, would force people to use pronouns of the person’s choice. Forcing speech is unconstitutional.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:51 pm Jordan Peterson has been fighting against this same kind of issue in Canada. There was a bill proposed in Canada, if passed, would force people to use pronouns of the person’s choice. Forcing speech is unconstitutional.
I recently filled out a census questionnaire in which I was asked my gender. There were 3 choices:

Female
Male
Other

...so the rot of common sense has started.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

FlieG: I recently filled out a census questionnaire in which I was asked my gender. There were 3 choices:

Female
Male
Other

...so the rot of common sense has started.
I find it very strange that those who insist that gender doesn't truly exist or that it's an optional decision also claim that a status such as "non-binary" DOES exist. That makes no sense whatsoever. What's really going on here? Somewhere along the line, I'd say the people who make such claims about themselves are typically emotionally damaged or have been victims of abuse. And then others insist it just to seem hip or woke or whatever. Strange world we live in.