Important news and announcements
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Kurieuo Stepping Down

Post by Kurieuo »

Well, I guess it should be annouced that I'm stepping down as both moderator and admin of this board, and probably noone more fitting to do it than myself.

Nothing dramatic really went into the decision. There are various small reasons that all add up, some personal, some to do with my own desired focus. There are no grievances. As some might know, I'd stepped down once before. My time back was meant to only be temporary while Hana had personal affairs to attend to.

So now, I find my heart just isn't in it, and it perhaps hasn't been for some time. It seems only fitting to stand down and open up myself other things. I wish the remaining moderators well and pray the board continues and grows.

I'll still be frequenting this board from time-to-time and still be posting. So it isn't a goodbye, just a change in status here. :wave:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Kurieuo Stepping Down

Post by RickD »

Who are you again?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

:lol:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

:cry:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Oh no ! First B.W. and now Kurieuo steps down. :(

Do we need to find a new replacement moderator ? Preferably someone who's a brilliant scientist and an expert theologian! with a heart of gold and who is a paragon of humility, has incredible patience and razor sharp intuition, a witty sense of humor and produces captivating charismatic discourse, is a shining example of wisdom and works in complete harmony with the Trinity !

Ok, I'll consider the position :lol:
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

K will be around - he's only relinquished his technical administrator position. He's felt the need to shift gears in the in the past as well - kind of like an Aussie boomerang!
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Wish you well K. I haven’t been around much at all lately but I’ve always valued your presence and input even when we were at total logger heads. All the best.
If he’s anything like a boomerang thankfully he’ll be back around from time to time.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Mel wrote:
If he’s anything like a boomerang thankfully he’ll be back around from time to time.
Keeping with the Australian metaphor theme, Kurieuo is probably more like a dingo, who keeps hanging around, trying to eat my baby.

:mrgreen:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 am
Mel wrote:
Keeping with the Australian metaphor theme, Kurieuo is probably more like a dingo, who keeps hanging around, trying to eat my baby.

Ok if everyone is leaving then who will fill in? I sure can't.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:29 am
RickD wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 am
Mel wrote:

Ok if everyone is leaving then who will fill in? I sure can't.
It's a free for all. :cheers: :boxing: :duel: :comeon: :stars:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Byb - what happened to that fellow who believed in the unanchored bookcase???
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:56 pm Byb - what happened to that fellow who believed in the unanchored bookcase???
Nils?

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:15 pm
Philip wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:56 pm Byb - what happened to that fellow who believed in the unanchored bookcase???
Nils?
Yes, but to be fair he really didn't believe in an un-ancored bookcase, he just did not believe grounding the anchoring in a necessary being made sense to him, which of course, makes his argument as incoherent as an un-anchored bookshelf. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Everyone is leaving?
What if it turns out that I am one of the very last active members here. I figured that would happen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:07 pm Everyone is leaving?
What if it turns out that I am one of the very last active members here. I figured that would happen.
Kurieuo isn't leaving. He's stepping down as board admin. He's still a member here.

I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Kurieuo for all he has done for this board over the years. As an administrator, he has kept the board running as smoothly as possible. As a moderator, he has given years of his time, and has been a great moderator. And hopefully he will continue to give more of his great insight, as he continues as a member here.

Kurieuo was instrumental since the beginning of the board, over 14 years ago.

He has volunteered his time to help keep this board running for as long as it has been here.

Thank you, Kurieuo!

:cheers: :toppoints:

-Edward R Murrow