Important news and announcements
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Discussion Guidelines

Post by 1over137 »

Domenic wrote:This is how I feel: Mods cover the rules...that's fine. But, when a mod post what they believe is truth, they should not use being a mod to force what they believe on those who make reply, or tell them they can't talk to a mod that way. We members talk to each other that way...When a mod post a comment, statement, etc...they should take their mod hat off.
Mod should not misuse that he is a mod. I agree. But mod can tell posters not to talk to him (and of course to others) in a way that breaks the rules.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

1over137 wrote:
Domenic wrote:This is how I feel: Mods cover the rules...that's fine. But, when a mod post what they believe is truth, they should not use being a mod to force what they believe on those who make reply, or tell them they can't talk to a mod that way. We members talk to each other that way...When a mod post a comment, statement, etc...they should take their mod hat off.
Mod should not misuse that he is a mod. I agree. But mod can tell posters not to talk to him (and of course to others) in a way that breaks the rules.
i agree, but it is different when a mod is trying to make their point right, and warn a member that they are speaking to a mod. And should take care what they say. If a mod tell me father rides a pink horse... you won't hear me comment.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Domenic wrote:
1over137 wrote:
i agree, but it is different when a mod is trying to make their point right, and warn a member that they are speaking to a mod. And should take care what they say. If a mod tell me father rides a pink horse... you won't hear me comment.
If you were mod what would you do in the following situation:

Mod is having a discussion with another poster. They have different views. They discuss their views but the poster is crossing the line and breaking discussion rules. What would you tell to the poster?

I think I know in which thread you had discussion with mod and felt he was misusing being a mod. In my opinion, he was not.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

1over137 wrote:
Domenic wrote:
1over137 wrote:

Mod is having a discussion with another poster. They have different views. They discuss their views but the poster is crossing the line and breaking discussion rules. What would you tell to the poster?

I think I know in which thread you had discussion with mod and felt he was misusing being a mod. In my opinion, he was not.
I never view a difference as a challenge, or I'm right, and your wrong. I even told the mod in my post to think any way he wanted to. He came back and said he did not like my tone. To me that was a challenge on his part. And after he gave me a warning, I felt that was over the line...if he was not on the thread as a poster it would have been different. But he had posted what he believe to be true, and I had done...then he tells me maybe i should not be on the forum? No he was wrong. At that point I was ready to just leave. I have thick skin, but I do not take insults of power. I just may leave anyway...I do not seem to fit here. Christians have love before all else...if I don't see that, I'm in the wrong place.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Domenic wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Domenic wrote:
1over137 wrote:

I never view a difference as a challenge, or I'm right, and your wrong. I even told the mod in my post to think any way he wanted to. He came back and said he did not like my tone. To me that was a challenge on his part. And after he gave me a warning, I felt that was over the line...if he was not on the thread as a poster it would have been different. But he had posted what he believe to be true, and I had done...then he tells me maybe i should not be on the forum? No he was wrong. At that point I was ready to just leave. I have thick skin, but I do not take insults of power. I just may leave anyway...I do not seem to fit here. Christians have love before all else...if I don't see that, I'm in the wrong place.
We view what happened differently.

Btw, Paul, the mod, is a very nice person, and loving too. Maybe you will get to know this about him. At least, I hope.

Well, what to say. There are all kinds of personalities and it is natural that misunderstandings may happen. I know Paul. He is a good guy. I believe, you are as well.

If I may, I would like to say, that I think, a more humble approach would help all.

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

Domenic wrote:
1over137 wrote:
Domenic wrote:
1over137 wrote:

When you start with questioning the intelligence of another person, you are being rude. Domenic, you did that. You accused Paul of having no reason. Obviously without knowing him, you are not aware of his capability to think, so that is why he told you to watch your tone.

You should be able to get that I think.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

neo you said:
"When you start with questioning the intelligence of another person, you are being rude. Domenic, you did that. You accused Paul of having no reason. Obviously without knowing him, you are not aware of his capability to think, so that is why he told you to watch your tone.

You should be able to get that I think."

You are correct, I do not know Paul, nor does he know me.
As to you comment..."You should be able to get that I think." I view that as rude...you do not know me.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Domenic wrote:neo you said:
"When you start with questioning the intelligence of another person, you are being rude. Domenic, you did that. You accused Paul of having no reason. Obviously without knowing him, you are not aware of his capability to think, so that is why he told you to watch your tone.

As to you comment..."You should be able to get that I think." I view that as rude...you do not know me.
The fact that you are overlooking your mistake, makes me quite blunt.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

neo-x wrote:

Blunt? This was a personal thing between the Mod's and me. I would have rather it was taken to PM. Since the mods decided to speak on the matter on open forum, I had to follow suit. You are not a part of the issue, nor was you bluntness invited by the mods, or me. So I will be very Appreciative if you keep your bluntness to yourself..
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Paul happens to be a good friend. Obviously your insulting manner and your defense of it, was troubling. If you don't like my words then ignore them. No obe asked you to listen to me.

without.

Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

neo-x wrote:Paul happens to be a good friend. Obviously your insulting manner and your defense of it, was troubling. If you don't like my words then ignore them. No obe asked you to listen to me.
I record your words on water.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I think you are over reacting, this attitude doesn't help in anything. And given your recent posts it shows You are too full of yourself.

without.

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Domenic wrote:
neo-x wrote:

Blunt? This was a personal thing between the Mod's and me. I would have rather it was taken to PM. Since the mods decided to speak on the matter on open forum, I had to follow suit. You are not a part of the issue, nor was you bluntness invited by the mods, or me. So I will be very Appreciative if you keep your bluntness to yourself..
Domenic, you posted first in this thread and I reacted and other posts followed. But we can continue via pm if you wish so.

#foreverinmyheart
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Neo, Paul, Dom, please, I'm new in this place, and I'm very sure that I am nowhere near all your level of scriptural learning, but I'd like to learn, and I do believe we can learn off each other., sometimes it is tough to get a point across without being misunderstood, or even without being rude or even taking offense in someway, but don't let that harden your hearts toward each other., lets take each others bullet points as a challenge to ourselves to be able to do our homework on the subject and say our individual prayers for guidance., One of the most beautiful things from God that I see in everyone, is that everyone is like a reflection of Him., everyone is their individual and yet be part of God, for we are not robots nor automatons, we are individuals, and what makes perfect sense to one individual may not necessarily make sense to the next individual. I grew up as a Catholic, not a church going Catholic, neither one who knew what Catholicism was all about. To me being Catholic was what my family was and what everybody else around me was., there was no other religion for me to ever be., to be a so called evangelical protestant was out of the question., Protestantism was for white folks, not for a brownie like me. When the Lord called me, I believed in a very simple message, and that is that He is who He says He is, the one who died for me, the one who cleanses me of my sins, and the one who rose up from the dead as proof that He will raise me up as well. I did not understand much of anything else, all these theological questions and different interpretations, they where unknown to me at the time., it is with the passage of time that as my faith is increased by Him, that I am called to a higher understanding of things, but that's not so that I quarrel or beat on a fellow disciple, no, far that be from me., it is so so that I can be a witness for Christ., of His power, of His Love, of the hope in Him to rescue us from this dreadful world we live in governed by injustice and evil doers., I learn -praise be to the Lord- so that I can become a better witness for Christ, and not so that I can become more engulfed with myself of with the learning itself., I have confessed before that I am not at all well versed in scripture, I do however fully believe that if I had all the knowledge in scripture and learned everything that is written from Genesis to Revelation, from the Torah, the Mishnah, the Talmud, or even the Cabala., secret texts, dead sea scrolls, apocrypha, and whatever else., if I became a learned scholar of all those and more, but I didn't have love, it would all be in vain and I would have learned nothing., so my fellow partners in Christ learning, please, I beg of you, be yourselves but be gentle and caring towards each other., have love for each other's enthusiasm toward Christ learning.
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Lonewolf, I appreciate your caring.

#foreverinmyheart