Important news and announcements
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Moderator/s Stepping Down

Post by Kurieuo »

Several moderators will be stepping down. Not sure when, as some will be leaving sooner than others, so...

Let me be the first to announce that I am stepping down. My powers will soon be stripped. The running of the board is now in Hana's safe hands.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this board over the years and helped me to develop the views and positions I currently have. No doubt, lurkers from the distant past who no longer post, may re-visit and get to read this. It really is just time for me to move on, but I'll check in here and there.

Wish everyone the best and hope to see the board grow further without the quality becoming diluted. My focus was always on helping to grow a quality board rather than quantity. The diversity of opinion has increased, but despite this the quality of posters who are now here and who have contributed in the past look second to none.

All the best!
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: Moderator/s Stepping Down

Post by neo-x »

Wishing you the best K, thank you for keeping this place tidy and up and running, you did a great job. :clap:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Thank you K.

Will miss your insight and calm reasoning. You new rank suits you.

Silvertusk.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Let me be the second then to announce that I too am stepping down. Like K, I feel it's just time to make room for fresh blood. My time as a mod here has allowed me to grow spiritually beyond my wildest expectations. I hope and pray that I was able to contribute a tiny fraction in return.

Those who I've agreed with over the years, know that you have helped me sharpen my beliefs. Those who've disagreed with me (and there were many), know that I am forever grateful for your honesty and look forward to continue disagreeing without the perceived threat of authority hanging over my head.

Thank you all,

John.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

You guys will still be posting though, right?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

PaulSacramento wrote:You guys will still be posting though, right?
This place is my Hotel California. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Several moderators will be stepping down. Not sure when, as some will be leaving sooner than others, so...

Let me be the first to announce that I am stepping down. My powers will soon be stripped. The running of the board is now in Hana's safe hands.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this board over the years and helped me to develop the views and positions I currently have. No doubt, lurkers from the distant past who no longer post, may re-visit and get to read this. It really is just time for me to move on, but I'll check in here and there.

Wish everyone the best and hope to see the board grow further without the quality becoming diluted. My focus was always on helping to grow a quality board rather than quantity. The diversity of opinion has increased, but despite this the quality of posters who are now here and who have contributed in the past look second to none.

All the best!
Kurieuo,

Sometimes I take for granted the things that people put a lot of work into to keep running. Maybe your role as board administrator gets overlooked unless there's a problem with the board. I'd just like to say Thank You for keeping this board running as smoothly as it has. I do appreciate all the work you have done over the years.

Even though you are stepping down as a moderator, I hope you will still be sticking around to post. You have been a very important part of making this board what it is today. y>:D<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:Let me be the second then to announce that I too am stepping down. Like K, I feel it's just time to make room for fresh blood. My time as a mod here has allowed me to grow spiritually beyond my wildest expectations. I hope and pray that I was able to contribute a tiny fraction in return.

Those who I've agreed with over the years, know that you have helped me sharpen my beliefs. Those who've disagreed with me (and there were many), know that I am forever grateful for your honesty and look forward to continue disagreeing without the perceived threat of authority hanging over my head.

Thank you all,

John.
Byblos,

I want to thank you for your patience with me, and the humility you have demonstrated towards me in all of our discussions. Especially the ones where we have vehemently disagreed. Thank you for taking the time to address all of my concerns, and thanks for hitting me over the head and waking me up when I needed it.

I look forward to many more open and honest discussions with you in the future.

I'm glad to call you a Brother in Christ, and a friend. y>:D<
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I too will be stepping down as moderator, although I've promised to stick around a little later than the other just to help the newer mods transition. I will not be leaving the board. I've been a mod for 6 years and my participation has waned the last while below what I think someone on the moderating team should maintain and I think it's important for "new blood" to become involved and there are a lot of committed people who deserve that opportunity to serve.

Just to assure everyone here, while it's unusual to have several step down at one time, there's nothing unusual taking place behind the scenes. It's just time for several of us and it's a good time to transition with several who are willing to take on that role and there being no major issues taking place.

I am grateful as well for this board and those who participate, both current and past. This has been and will remain as I revert to simple community member, a place where I have been challenged as well as free to share and it contributes to my life and spiritual growth and for that I am very grateful.

You're not rid of me yet, but I will stepping down over the next month. ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
August
Old School

Post by August »

I will also be stepping down as moderator. This was my second stint as a moderator in my time here, and I am thankful for the opportunities I had to contribute.

To echo what the other ex-moderators said, the board was a blessing to me for many years and helped me grow in my faith and apologetic. It offers a great environment for Christians to interact without the distraction of the Dawkinsian kindergarten atheists.

I will also add that it has one of the strongest prayer communities I've ever seen, and that we witnessed many a miracle here, not necessarily just because of the prayers offered here, of course, but I do believe it contributed. As Christians we are told to share our burdens, so I want to encourage you to do so, also here.

May God bless all of you.

August
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

You guys are killing me! I haven't been this sad since Seinfeld went off the air. :crying:

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

August wrote:I will also be stepping down as moderator. This was my second stint as a moderator in my time here, and I am thankful for the opportunities I had to contribute.

To echo what the other ex-moderators said, the board was a blessing to me for many years and helped me grow in my faith and apologetic. It offers a great environment for Christians to interact without the distraction of the Dawkinsian kindergarten atheists.

I will also add that it has one of the strongest prayer communities I've ever seen, and that we witnessed many a miracle here, not necessarily just because of the prayers offered here, of course, but I do believe it contributed. As Christians we are told to share our burdens, so I want to encourage you to do so, also here.

May God bless all of you.

August
You guys will be missed, you all been around for a long-long time and life's issues intervene. On that great day of the Lord, you all will receive great rewards for all your work, time, help, aid, prayers here. This is a mission field. The parts you played here were all ordered of God for you to be that one person who changes so many lives, transforms so many out of darkness, brought healing to so many souls, provided answers, influenced, helped save so many people...

Well done! :amen:

:clap:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Bart, Byb, August,

You have all done a great great job here. I haven't seen such a nice board, yet, which I know you all took great care to maintain and keep it that way. My sincere thanks to you and best wishes. I learnt a lot from all of you for which I am gratefull.

Though you guys are stepping down, I sure do hope that you will stick around and be here, time to time.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

This is indeed a nice board. Thank you for all your work here.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:You guys are killing me! I haven't been this sad since Seinfeld went off the air. :crying:
People use to say: "Something ends but something new begins."

Don't be sad Rick, you have me now. :mrgreen:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart