Important news and announcements
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Moderators: August & Judah

Post by Kurieuo »

I am just providing news that August recently decided to step down from being a moderator. :shock:

The insights he provided, and his time spent moderating was very much appreciated and will be missed. :(

While a sad loss, we have now gained Judah as a moderator. I see she makes a perfect choice in that she can add the woman's touch and perspective we previously lacked. I am sure many you will agree with us that Judah makes an excellent choice. :)

Kurieuo
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Moderators: August & Judah

Post by FFC »

Kurieuo wrote:I am just providing news that August recently decided to step down from being a moderator. :shock:

The insights he provided, and his time spent moderating was very much appreciated and will be missed. :(

While a sad loss, we have now gained Judah as a moderator. I see she makes a perfect choice in that she can add the woman's touch and perspective we previously lacked. I am sure many you will agree with us that Judah makes an excellent choice. :)

Kurieuo
I am sorry to hear about August stepping down. I pray that God guides his steps.

Congrats, Judah! You definitely are an excellent choice. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I didn't know that you are a woman. :oops:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:I am just providing news that August recently decided to step down from being a moderator. :shock:

Kurieuo

I am sorry to hear about August stepping down. I pray that God guides his steps.

Congrats, Judah! You definitely are an excellent choice. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I didn't know that you are a woman. :oops:

And a formidable one at that. Welcome aboard Judah. It's your turn in the hot seat. :D
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

FFC wrote: Congrats, Judah! You definitely are an excellent choice. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I didn't know that you are a woman. :oops:
Well, you've obviously not wandered far on my website! :P

Byblos wrote:And a formidable one at that.
For dumping a few lines of iambic tetrameter on you? Surely you are made of sterner stuff than that now Byblos! :D

I'm sorry too that August has stepped down. I really appreciated his responses - hey August, you can still post responses anyway! - and his intelligent way of handling things. I'm certainly not going to try and fill his shoes. I don't think my feet are nearly big enough. :shock:
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I echo the sadness that August has stepped down but my prayers and appreciation are with him and I certainly hope he come by and remains active.

Welcome Judah and it's wonderful to have you a part of the moderating team and you wisdom and grace are certainly a great addition!
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FFC

Post by FFC »

Judah wrote:Well, you've obviously not wandered far on my website!
You have a website? :?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Yes my hat's off to Judah too... She will make a great addition to the board. I like her quick wit and sharpness. I think that more women (like her) should take up more of these male dominated roles.. :wink:

As for August I will miss him to. I hope that he comes back to help support us...

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Thanks for all the nice things you folks are saying. 8)

FFC, here is my Home Page from where you may also navigate to Judah's Journal.
The Home Page puts you straight on gender. :wink:
My Journal uses WordPress software (the rest of my site doesn't) and there are pages of my Journal devoted to providing resources concerning the truth of Islam. Those are the ones I usually link to when relevant to discussions here on that subject.
bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

WELL this is a surprise :lol:

Nice to see you accepted the post Judah. You are very articulate Woman and have much insight... I congratulate and may Lord Bless you as you minister on this site.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

bizzt wrote:WELL this is a surprise :lol:

Nice to see you accepted the post Judah. You are very articulate Woman and have much insight... I congratulate and may Lord Bless you as you minister on this site.
Yes, I think some people forget that there are two sides (or characters) to God. The male half and the female half (Gen 1:27).. It's nice to get that female side in there sometimes too. We wouldn't want a half baked God now would we? :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
FFC

Post by FFC »

Judah wrote:FFC, here is my Home Page from where you may also navigate to Judah's Journal.
The Home Page puts you straight on gender.
My Journal uses WordPress software (the rest of my site doesn't) and there are pages of my Journal devoted to providing resources concerning the truth of Islam. Those are the ones I usually link to when relevant to discussions here on that subject.
Thank you kindly. :wink: