New Moderator :)

Important news and announcements
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

New Moderator :)

Post by bizzt »

Hello,

Please welcome Byblos as a New Moderator of the Forums. His sound Judgement and Character are shining example of what this Forum is all about.

Welcome Again Byblos

Sincerely

Bizzt
FFC
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: New Moderator :)

Post by FFC »

bizzt wrote:Hello,

Please welcome Byblos as a New Moderator of the Forums. His sound Judgement and Character are shining example of what this Forum is all about.

Welcome Again Byblos

Sincerely

Bizzt
Congratulations, Byblos! Perfect choice. :D
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Go Byblos go... We are with you all the way... :P

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

I leave on vacation for 10 days and come back as a moderator? I shoulda stayed away for a while longer, maybe ... never mind.

Seriously though, thank you all for the kind words. It came as a shock to say the least as I never thought it possible that a Catholic would be considered for a moderator. This is not a testament to me but to the people who run this wonderful web site and their efforts to have diversity of opinion all in the furtherance of the cause of our Lord Christ as well as the natural harmonization of God and the universe around us.

I really don't have any words of wisdom other than to say I am Catholic by birth and a Christian by choice. I will at times fail miserably at moderating but I promise to learn and to keep it simple.

God bless you all,

John.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

John, glad your in position. Gratzies! :D Excellent choice, guys.

Don't be too hard on me, k ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Wait, when will I be made moderator? All I'd do is dress BGood in a dress, make myself king, and execute all dissenters.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Kmart, it seems you already know the reason that you are not one of the chosen. :lol:

Byblos is an excellent choice. Good one! 8)
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Great to have you on Board Byblos.

You'll do great!

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

I think we all have our mishaps as Mods Byblos. If you have questions do not hesitate to ask! :wink:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Jac3510 wrote:John, glad your in position. Gratzies! :D Excellent choice, guys.

Don't be too hard on me, k ;)

LOL! Jac. I suspect not even banning you will sway you from FG. But you have nothing to worry about; as far as I'm concerned, you got immunity. :lol:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Wait, when will I be made moderator? All I'd do is dress BGood in a dress, make myself king, and execute all dissenters.
Is this a democratic process?
Only if it were, cause then I'd vote for you KMart.
:D
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Wait, when will I be made moderator? All I'd do is dress BGood in a dress, make myself king, and execute all dissenters.
Is this a democratic process?
Only if it were, cause then I'd vote for you KMart.
:D
For some reason I'm reminded of the definition that Democracy is 3 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch ........
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Canuckster1127 wrote: For some reason I'm reminded of the definition that Democracy is 3 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch ........
But wait... The wolves, being a product of this postmodern age will surely have a conscience committed to the fostering of pluralism and protection of minorities, especially those that bleet the loudest, and so will denigrate their own lupine cultural heritage while allowing the sheep to usurp the balance of power and manipulate the wolves to ravage themselves apart.

Well, isn't that what democracy is on the world stage these days?
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Judah wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote: For some reason I'm reminded of the definition that Democracy is 3 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch ........
But wait... The wolves, being a product of this postmodern age will surely have a conscience committed to the fostering of pluralism and protection of minorities, especially those that bleet the loudest, and so will denigrate their own lupine cultural heritage while allowing the sheep to usurp the balance of power and manipulate the wolves to ravage themselves apart.

Well, isn't that what democracy is on the world stage these days?
:wink: Judah, Could I interest you in some Ocean Front Property in North Dakota? :lol:
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Canuckster1127 wrote: :wink: Judah, Could I interest you in some Ocean Front Property in North Dakota? :lol:
And you, dear reader, must exercise compassion. Appreciating as you do that objectivity did flee the window as relativism entered through the door, we must allow Canuckster the truth of his perception and pray the god of Universal Human Rights will have him live out all his days in the quiet solitude of his neo-geographical meanderings.

But tarry here a moment and consider this, that as the sheep devoured three wolves, they in turn are destined to wander through the flock clothed in the body of their diner, searching for new doors and windows that can lead only to the middens of the past, scattered memories among the haunted empty Badlands of the future.

Yikes! Byblos, get in here and find Canuckster his reading glasses and a decent map, will ya?
I'm off to find some coffee. :D