Important news and announcements
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Board Updates and Img Inserts

Post by Kurieuo »

The server this message board is hosted on has been going through some major updates, which should make this this board run more quickly and smoother (it should also stop going down every week like it has been doing the last year or so).

Yesterday you may have seens some intermittent issues with pages not displaying, errors displaying, etc. This was due to major server software updates. There will be another main server update yet to be performed, which upgrades the database system, and this may put the board offline for a weebit, but then server updates should all be completed.

One change to the boards added after one server update, was installing https:// which secures your connection to the board. Chrome has started displaying non-secure for website that don't have the https:// security, especially when a user needs to enter in a login, password or information into forms (i.e., like posting on a message board). You should now see "Secure" at the top in the URL bar with a green lock.

Important Note on Inserting Images
If you embed images into your post or signature, please do not use a http:// URL. Rather insert a https:// URL to the image you are embedding.

http:// content cannot be mixed into https:// pages, so if you try to do so then it won't display. So again, please ensure if using the 'Img' button to insert an image, that the URL you provide to the image is https:// rather than http:// . If there is no https:// version of the image, then you can upload the image to the board.

Upcoming Board Update
This board is currently running phpBB version 3.1. It will be updated in coming days, maybe even tonight, to version 3.2. It'll look basically the same, but is more secure and perhaps a few more features here and there. Some current addons might break (e.g., the chatting interface at the bottom of the board's main page), but will try to keep it as intact as possible obviously.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Board Updates and Img Inserts

Post by RickD »

Looks like the update changed my iPhone to a mobile site. Any idea how to change it to a full site?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

My wife was always annoyed by it, expected the mobile view on her phone. Take it up with Mrs K. ;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:38 am My wife was always annoyed by it, expected the mobile view on her phone. Take it up with Mrs K. ;)
Are you saying that I'm stuck with it?

K,

I'm old, and don't like change. I've worn the same pair of underwear for the last 10 years.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Your wife doesn't wash for you? Try update your board style to "Prosilver force desktop view" in your profile settings.

I made some changes to it, though I haven't tested on phone. If it doesn't work yet, I'll make sure it works in a day or so.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:57 am Your wife doesn't wash for you? Try update your board style to "Prosilver non-responsive forced" in your profile settings.

I made some changes to it, though I haven't tested on phone. If it doesn't work yet, I'll make sure it works in a day or so.
Thanks for putting that option to change my board style back in. Much better now.

And I also noticed the "liked" icon is no longer next to the quote icon, so I won't be liking posts by accident when trying to quote a post. But now, I can't seem to find the thumbs up/like icon. Where'd it get moved to?

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 am
Kurieuo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:57 am Your wife doesn't wash for you? Try update your board style to "Prosilver non-responsive forced" in your profile settings.

Thanks for putting that option to change my board style back in. Much better now.

And I also noticed the "liked" icon is no longer next to the quote icon, so I won't be liking posts by accident when trying to quote a post. But now, I can't seem to find the thumbs up/like icon. Where'd it get moved to?
Actually, it is near the quote botton.
link-button.jpg
link-button.jpg (26.53 KiB) Viewed 32115 times
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Made them bigger and spaced them further apart a bit more. If you still hit quote, use a tablet or stop using your stubby fingers and get a stylus. :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

No, it's not. See?

Do I need to change something in my settings?

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

The extensions don't seem to play nice with the template you want. The "like" feature is an extension added into phpBB. I'll have to look into it and think of a way to get them working with other themes.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Just worked it out, should be good for you now. :eugeek:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:35 am Just worked it out, should be good for you now. :eugeek:
Just one problem, I don't actually like you, I like your post.
:mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

You know what? I prefer the desktop view on phone too. Just looking at the board now on it. Don't know why industry decided different mobile views were the thing to do. Think Google were big behind the push. I don't mind zooming in and out myself, and being able to see everything.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:59 am You know what? I prefer the desktop view on phone too. Just looking at the board now on it. Don't know why industry decided different mobile views were the thing to do. Think Google were big behind the push. I don't mind zooming in and out myself, and being able to see everything.
It's a sign of getting old.

And just when I started to like you, you changed it back to liking the post.

y:-?

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I liked the old view.