Search found 2879 matches

by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:31 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Dan has officially taken the "obtuse" crown from Kenny. Kenny, If you're listening, I will no longer call you obtuse. Dan is the official G&S Obtuse King. More personal attacks, I guess nothing changes around here. The case is simple, If I asked for a cake that said "I love Asian people" even thoug...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:26 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

No Dan. It's a proper representation. Take either instance, the one in Ireland, and the one in the US, and the fact that both cases have in common, is that the baker refused to bake a cake because of the message the customer wanted, and not because the customer was gay . And you said that it was a ...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:20 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Lets create another scenario. a) Hetero person buys wedding cake for a hetero wedding and baker sells it to them b) Gay person buys cake for hetero wedding and baker sells it to them c) Hetero buys wedding cake for gay wedding and baker refuses service d) Gay person buys wedding cake for gay wedding...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:14 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Lemme get this straight... It's a "criminal" activity, to refuse to bake a cake with a message that a baker finds offensive. And any baker who refuses to bake a cake with a message he finds offensive, should "do time". I want everyone reading this, to really let that sink in. I never said any of th...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:11 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

If assembling of Christians was banned like in Rome of old, and as is the case in some countries around the world unless one subscribes to a nationalistic form of Christianity, then well: You do the crime, you do the time. What they are doing in my view is sinful and being held accountable to that ...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:47 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

If assembling of Christians was banned like in Rome of old, and as is the case in some countries around the world unless one subscribes to a nationalistic form of Christianity, then well: You do the crime, you do the time. What they are doing in my view is sinful and being held accountable to that ...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:45 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

How do you personally distinguish between allowances for broken people in sin and compromising the truth? Through the lens of Christ and not the law. The lens of Christ? I would say the lens of Truth. Tho Christ is also the Truth. Semantics. No, not if you try to tear Christ from the truth Thank yo...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:42 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Tell me Nessa why I should believe anything you say or do is from Christ, or for that matter anyone here. You guys make personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you, you try to tear down people instead of the argument. For example. I guess I better not ask him if he really lives in a box under...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:33 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Almost Everything the Media Tell You About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong
Replies: 85
Views: 6740

Re: Almost Everything the Media Tell You About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Is Wrong

Audie, I was just trying to make clear to Daniel that what can be controlled is NOT the mental disorder but the behaviour, typically. Pretty much any mental health doctor that has dealt with sexual behaviour will tell you they can be controlled in one way or another. As much as we are slaves to our...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:17 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Tell me Nessa why I should believe anything you say or do is from Christ, or for that matter anyone here. You guys make personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you, you try to tear down people instead of the argument. For example. I guess I better not ask him if he really lives in a box under...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:13 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:How do you personally distinguish between allowances for broken people in sin and compromising the truth?
Through the lens of Christ and not the law.
The lens of Christ?

I would say the lens of Truth. Tho Christ is also the Truth.
Semantics.
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:09 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Nessa wrote:How do you personally distinguish between allowances for broken people in sin and compromising the truth?
Through the lens of Christ and not the law.
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:07 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Tell me Nessa why I should believe anything you say or do is from Christ, or for that matter anyone here. You guys make personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you, you try to tear down people instead of the argument. For example. I guess I better not ask him if he really lives in a box under ...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:46 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Interesting.... If we cant know what Jesus would have done then how are we suppose to live as Jesus did according to what the bible tells us to do. Jesus had love and grace, but he also had Truth. There were many things Jesus didn't specifically talk about, but If I go by his example I would attend...
by Danieltwotwenty
Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:38 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Support Gay Marriage Cakes
Replies: 525
Views: 31110

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Nessa wrote:So if we served the cake, you are saying he would have attended the wedding, wishes them the best for their marriage?

I am not going to presume in that situation what Jesus would do, as there is no precedent to base it on. So I am agnostic in this situation.