Search found 3663 matches

by Kenny
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:42 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Kenny, You do realize that applies to closed systems, don't you? Yes. An open system would mean matter outside the Universe can act on it. A closed system means matter outside of it cannot act on it. Since the Universe is defined as “All that exists” that would mean there isn't anything outside of ...
by Kenny
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:55 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

But it is supported by the positions of both Lemaître and Hoyle in your source material. When you appeal to source material, it would help your cause if your source material actually supported your claims. I’m not saying my sources are wrong; I’m saying you’re wrong. Lemaitre spoke of time and spac...
by Kenny
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:45 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Kenny wrote: Your claim contradicts the law of Conservation of Mass which says matter can neither be either created nor destroyed, only changes form. Kenny, You do realize that applies to closed systems, don't you? Yes. An open system would mean matter outside the Universe can act on it. A closed s...
by Kenny
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

It doesn’t matter whether he was saying it as a pejorative, or simply hyperbolizing to make a point; your claim that matter actually came into being is not supported by the Big Bang theory. So you keep saying... But it is supported by the positions of both Lemaître and Hoyle in your source material...
by Kenny
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:03 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Kenny wrote: Your claim contradicts the law of Conservation of Mass which says matter can neither be either created nor destroyed, only changes form. Kenny, You do realize that applies to closed systems, don't you? Yes. An open system would mean matter outside the Universe can act on it. A closed s...
by Kenny
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:18 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

It doesn’t matter whether he was saying it as a pejorative, or simply hyperbolizing to make a point; your claim that matter actually came into being is not supported by the Big Bang theory. So you keep saying... But it is supported by the positions of both Lemaître and Hoyle in your source material...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:01 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

How do you reconcile the part of your quote that I underlined, with what you said earlier, here: I can't prove to your satisfaction; or others believers like you, but there is enough evidence (from what is in the Bible) to convince me. The Christian God is defined in a way that makes it literally i...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:53 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Kenny wrote: Yes. though I am 100% convinced God is not real, because I cannot provide empirical evidence to prove this I am not in a position to make the claim RickD wrote: ↑Now I've heard it all! In one single post, Kenny claims without any doubt, that God doesn't exist, AND he denies he's making...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:48 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

I claim that science tells us that (not how) the matter/energy of our universe came into being around 14 billion years ago. Here is where you are wrong. I provided 2 links that shows the Big Bang theory does NOT claim energy/matter ever came into being. The Theory starts with energy and matter alre...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:06 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Kenny wrote: Yes. though I am 100% convinced God is not real, because I cannot provide empirical evidence to prove this I am not in a position to make the claim Now I've heard it all! In one single post, Kenny claims without any doubt, that God doesn't exist, AND he denies he's making the claim! I ...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:56 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

I claim that science tells us that (not how) the matter/energy of our universe came into being around 14 billion years ago. Here is where you are wrong. I provided 2 links that shows the Big Bang theory does NOT claim energy/matter ever came into being. The Theory starts with energy and matter alre...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:30 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Yeah I could assume he is referring to the Christian God, but even then, I have no proof it is real or not I recognize it could be something else; like an evolved being from another planet that that visited earth centuries ago and primitive man proclaimed as God; and over the years the myth evolved...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:24 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Kenny. That's actually a weak argument that fails. I propose something-prove it's wrong or accept your argument has failed? I have sources that proclaim God is real. Prove He isn't or accept that your argument has failed. Then bow down to Him and confess. If you don't now you will later anyway beca...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:37 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Kenny. That's actually a weak argument that fails. I propose something-prove it's wrong or accept your argument has failed? I have sources that proclaim God is real. Prove He isn't or accept that your argument has failed. Then bow down to Him and confess. If you don't now you will later anyway beca...
by Kenny
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:20 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Atheist question
Replies: 244
Views: 31380

Re: Atheist question

Kenny. That's actually a weak argument that fails. I propose something-prove it's wrong or accept your argument has failed? I have sources that proclaim God is real. Prove He isn't or accept that your argument has failed. Then bow down to Him and confess. If you don't now you will later anyway beca...