Search found 8427 matches

by PaulSacramento
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

Kenny wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:18 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:39 am
Numbers are actually just representative tokens we use when calculating the sum of things that DO exist! So even though 2+2=4, numbers themselves do not exist. :lol:
So if I write down the number Two, what do I have?
A thin layer of lead (or ink) on top of a sheet of paper
Wow.
by PaulSacramento
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:39 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

Numbers are actually just representative tokens we use when calculating the sum of things that DO exist! So even though 2+2=4, numbers themselves do not exist. :lol:
So if I write down the number Two, what do I have?
by PaulSacramento
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:06 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

RickD wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am
PaulSacramento wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:25 am
Quite appropriate:
https://www.livescience.com/65254-what- ... tification
That article may be more nebulous than Kenny's posts!
:lol:
I won't say that.
It was clear on the clearness of the things it was clear on.
by PaulSacramento
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:23 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

You aren't going to answer my question are you. Again; is there anything of the material world that God didn't create? (a yes or no answer would be just fine) God is directly AND indirectly responsible for all creation AND CHANGE in the universe. If you understood the "first cause" and "Unmoved mov...
by PaulSacramento
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:32 am
Forum: The Bible and Scripture
Topic: Judeo-Christian ?
Replies: 3
Views: 35

Judeo-Christian ?

I have read on a few websites, typically either far-right or orthodox Jew, that there is no judeo-christian tradition. These websites then go on to show that, quite correctly, Judaism and Christianity are NOT the same and are, in many ways, polar opposites. I agree with that, when it comes to RELIGI...
by PaulSacramento
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:17 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

Lets be clear that the Big Bang theory simply states that, over 13 billion years ago, that what we call the universe began to expand. We do NOT know what was there "before", but the hypothesis is a quantum singularity. So we KNOW that the universe started to expand over 13 billion years ago and is s...
by PaulSacramento
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. In the analogy about X & Y I gave in post #82, "X" represented cells, "Y" represented God. Ken, Your "analogy" that you posted in post #82, here: Consider the possibilities concerning “X”&“Y”. There is empirical evidence and scientific proof concerning the existence o...
by PaulSacramento
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

You guys are arguing semantics. Ever heard of a painter creating a masterpiece? He didn't create the masterpiece from nothing. There's paint, a brush, and a canvas that already existed. Back on post #82 (which is what we are responding to) I used the term “create” to mean bring into existence from ...
by PaulSacramento
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:40 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

RickD wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:52 am
You guys are arguing semantics.

Ever heard of a painter creating a masterpiece?

He didn't create the masterpiece from nothing. There's paint, a brush, and a canvas that already existed.
Ken knows this, I am not sure what he is trying to pull to be honest.
by PaulSacramento
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:39 am
Forum: Politics and World Events
Topic: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce
Replies: 25
Views: 228

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

yeah, in the past women has no say in anything, ever ! LMAO ! All I'm saying is that feminism, the gay rights movement, the civil rights movement, FFR, and all the rest were effects rather than causes . I never said that women never had say in anything. That's you trying to build a strawman for som...
by PaulSacramento
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 am
Forum: Politics and World Events
Topic: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce
Replies: 25
Views: 228

Re: men are having less sex and leaving the workforce

Yeah, women have never had any say in things, yeah, the vagina holds no influence at all ! It's true, here in the West the wife owns the vagina, not the husband. That's been true since the founding of our republic the 1970s in most of the US, 1985 in New York and Alabama, and 1993 in Oklahoma and N...
by PaulSacramento
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:43 am
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

I am confused. The point you are making is this: 1. “X” was never created because it always existed. BUT the world around refutes that point because you have no reason to believe it since you have no evidence that is the case. You do, however, have evidence to believe that is something CAN be creat...
by PaulSacramento
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:10 pm
Forum: Questioning Non-belief
Topic: Information - Natural or Intelligence?
Replies: 169
Views: 1532

Re: Information - Natural or Intelligence?

I am confused. The point you are making is this: 1. “X” was never created because it always existed. BUT the world around refutes that point because you have no reason to believe it since you have no evidence that is the case. You do, however, have evidence to believe that is something CAN be creat...