Search found 104 matches

by Pierac
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:53 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

B.W. wrote: Let us haggle some more on Genesis 3:22-24: Now, as your doctrines so eloquently states from its interpretation of Genesis 3:22-24 that “without the tree of life, man dies, the tree of life supplies immortality, and He [Adam]was corruptible flesh,” this would mean that death could not ...
by Pierac
Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 am
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

B.W. wrote: Lets' follow your line of reasoning to its logical conclusion: 1-Pre-fallen Man cannot have possibly been designed to live eternally 2-Because Man is Mortal and needs to eat from the Tree of Life to live eternally 3-Mankind was designed to die and not live unless he eats 4-Therefore thr...
by Pierac
Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:47 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

B.W.wrote: Now let's Reason However, I would like to haggle over the Tree of life a bit more by applying your own logic. You said — "without the tree of life, man dies!" How many times would Adam need to eat of it to live? If Adam and Eve had to continually partake of the tree of life in order to li...
by Pierac
Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:25 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

Part 2 Persons usually read into these symbolic scriptures more or less of their own views or interpretations, and therefore many casual students of Revelation read chapter 21:9 as if it read “But for the fearful(cowardly) and unbelieving, etc. etc., their part shall be in the Lake that burneth with...
by Pierac
Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:17 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

B.W. wrote: Note the phrase "thou shalt surly die" read in Hebrew like this —“but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely DIE!!! Die!" The actual translation uses the word, die, twice — not once but twice. Actually it's more...
by Pierac
Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:35 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

ENDLESS PUNISHMENT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT? Briefly, our argument stands, thus far, as follows: 1. If Endless Punishment be a truth, and the actual purpose of God from the beginning; and if it exerts the salutary and restraining influence claimed for it, then assuredly it ought to have been revealed a...
by Pierac
Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:28 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

Hi B.W. Well Pierac, that comment sure takes the cake!!! It is Jesus that speaks of Hell as everlasting and real. Please note that it is you that has to change the clear meaning of text — not me. Therefore, Please post every scripture where Jesus specifically states that Hell is not everlasting or ...
by Pierac
Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

B.W. wrote: Since as you claim Mark 9:43-48 is not literal then why should we believe what you say is literal about Gehenna? What are you talking about? Of course it's not literal. You are the one saying Mark 9:43-48 is a literal eternal hell , certainly not me! Your verses say nothing about gehenn...
by Pierac
Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

Hi B.W. Yes, I have all my body parts. That's because I know this entire verse is NOT Literal! Now how many worms do you know that survive in fire? ZERO! The word hell here is Gehenna Strongs tells us…gheh'-en-nah Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge...
by Pierac
Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:33 am
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: controversial scriptures
Replies: 139
Views: 19444

Re: controversial scriptures

B.W. wrote: Are you sure??? hmmm... How about… John 14:15 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. John 14:21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him." B.W. If you l...
by Pierac
Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: The Trinity, tradition or scripture?
Replies: 198
Views: 24829

Re: The Trinity, tradition or scripture?

Is Christ The Comforter? If the Holy Ghost, the hagios pneuma , which is the Comforter, the parakleetos , is really Christ in us, then there should be a scripture that calls Christ the parakleetos . It so happens that there is just such a scripture. But you would never know it by simply reading you...
by Pierac
Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:57 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: going to hell?
Replies: 341
Views: 55225

Re: going to hell?

You can not hold a literal meaning to the book of Revelation other wise you will have serious problems. Rev 1:16 In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword ; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength. Will a literal sword be sticking out of ...
by Pierac
Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:47 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: going to hell?
Replies: 341
Views: 55225

Re: going to hell?

B.W. Wrote: Two Logic trees: One - 1--Eternal — last forever — Ecc 3:11-14 2--Soul Death ceases to exist 3--Eternal is not Eternal if it ceases to exist Two - 1--Eternal — last forever - Ecc 3:11-14 2--Eternal recompense last forever 3--Eternal remains Eternal because it never ends Conclusion: Such ...
by Pierac
Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: going to hell?
Replies: 341
Views: 55225

Re: going to hell?

Hi B.W. B.W. wrote: Pierac, How can we trust what you write? You twisted the early Church Fathers to conform to your point of view without regard to what they actually said. Next, you fail to note what 'eternal' means and correlate the traditional Christian doctrine of the resurrection of the dead ...
by Pierac
Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:22 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: going to hell?
Replies: 341
Views: 55225

Re: going to hell?

Jenna wrote: It would be solved if you believe that man and souls are two different things. The body we have is merely 'clothing". We are, in ourselves, souls. Man does not have a soul, we ARE souls. Yes, we are souls. What makes us alive is the Spirit. Remove the Spirit and the soul/body dies! Psa ...