Search found 16 matches

by John T
Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:21 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Manna From Heaven
Replies: 16
Views: 5615

Hello all, I wonder, are there anymore ideas as to what 'Manna' actually is (or was), Biblically speaking? The reason I ask, is that this particular 'thread' seems to have fallen flat on this subject. I thought that my explanation as to the scientific causation of Manna was sufficiently reasonable a...
by John T
Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:08 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Manna From Heaven
Replies: 16
Views: 5615

Byblos wrote: Ah! Thanks for the explanation. I thought you were saying if science proved how manna was formed it would have a negative biblical implication. I see that you meant quite the opposite, which by the way, I totally agree with. There are many theories as to the miracles in Exodus, includ...
by John T
Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:03 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Manna From Heaven
Replies: 16
Views: 5615

Byblos wrote: What biblical implications? Who's to say that's exactly how manna was intended to be produced? Assuming, of course, the theory is plausible. I think the theory is at least plausible. Moreover, if the theory is eventually proven, then perhaps scientific credence might at last be given ...
by John T
Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:44 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Manna From Heaven
Replies: 16
Views: 5615

Hi sandy, You wrote: Thanks, I was just interested in a ballpark estimate of the likelihood. [I believe Velikovsky may have contributed to this idea.] Yes indeed. You further wrote: The polymerization to form carbohydrates I could not locate any information on (formaldehyde does tend to polymerize t...
by John T
Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:37 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Manna From Heaven
Replies: 16
Views: 5615

sandy_mcd wrote: How well supported a theory is this? E.g., what hydrocarbons are typically found in comet tails? Hi sandy, It appears that the theory is not that well supported at all, mainly I think because of its Biblical implications. However, hydrocarbons such as ethane and methane have been f...
by John T
Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:22 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Manna From Heaven
Replies: 16
Views: 5615

There is another theory that suggests that Manna (meaning, what is it?), was originally in the form of hydrocarbons and on contact with the upper atmosphere was subsequently converted into carbohydrates which fell like snow in the early morning dew. The source of the hydrocarbons was the tail part o...
by John T
Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:10 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Stars
Replies: 18
Views: 2343

bizzt wrote:
Read the links and you will notice that it does not


I have read the links and am not entirely convinced.

John
by John T
Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:34 am
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: Sinning
Replies: 4
Views: 1425

Thanks B.W. for your kind, considerate and supportive words. I've recently been away, hence the late reply, but I am sure you are correct in what you have said. You see, virtually every Christian website that I have visited mostly have a singular message of repentance which is to accept Jesus Christ...
by John T
Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:07 am
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: Sinning
Replies: 4
Views: 1425

Sinning

Hi all, No doubt this subject has been raised before, but on sinning, which is a very serious business, Jesus must have spoken many similar words such as the following (and no doubt to many other people too, but obviously not all are recorded), that they should "go and sin no more" (John 8:11) and f...
by John T
Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:33 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Catastrophism
Replies: 9
Views: 1268

sandy_mcd wrote : How do you know the "old" Saturn is the same as the "new" Saturn? Its a long, long story, but simply put, Saturn was once a small brown dwarf star that was captured by the Sun. Saturn in those times was much larger than the Saturn that we know of today, because since those earlier...
by John T
Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:52 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Catastrophism
Replies: 9
Views: 1268

Hi all, Thanks for your replies. Sorry for the slight delay as I've recently been away. Bart wrote: > "Would it be possible for you to provide a few links to sites dealing with these issue so that I can improve my familiarity with the issues in order to comment on them better?" I sure would like to,...
by John T
Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:18 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Hard Evidence for the OEC claim for the Age of the Earth
Replies: 8
Views: 912

Hi Bart, I shall reiterate what Gman wrote: "Wow" indeed! However, with respect to your posts being intended as a reference for "source material" as you say, I could easily debate much of what you wrote from a perspective that it seems nobody on this site has little or any knowledge of (including da...
by John T
Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:00 am
Forum: The Bible and Scripture
Topic: Hebrews 6:4-6
Replies: 11
Views: 1701

Thankyou all for your replies. Personally, I believe the Holy Spirit to be the in-dwelling essence of God and which is also our protective "sheath" (if you like) against the intrusion of the worst kinds of evil. To me, true repentence means to fully accept Jesus as one's saviour and friend and conse...
by John T
Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:21 am
Forum: The Bible and Scripture
Topic: Hebrews 6:4-6
Replies: 11
Views: 1701

Hebrews 6:4-6

Hi all, The author of Hebrews wrote in Chap 6:4-6 (NIV): "It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness in the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be broug...
by John T
Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:46 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Catastrophism
Replies: 9
Views: 1268

Thankyou for your warm welcome Bart and thanks for your reply Felgar. As suggested I have scouted around the site a bit and have read the topic on Uniformitarianism. Unfortuneately (at least for me), nowhere on this site have I come across the topic of catastrophes involving the apparent meanderings...