Search found 391 matches

by Audacity
Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:14 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution
Replies: 1164
Views: 53777

Re: RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution

Audacity: Einstein could never have come up with his theories of relativity if he hadn't disagreed with Newton. But Einstein also admited that his previous view of a Godless universe in a "Steady State" was his worst blunder. Course, that doesn't mean his view of God was the same as is a Christian'...
by Audacity
Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:48 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Gay Parades
Replies: 28
Views: 2244

Re: Gay Parades

I think we should demonize red headed left handers. You know, those people who refuse to get a decent tan and take offense when asked if the carpet matches the drapes, and are always complaining they need special scissors, can openers, and are always bumping your elbow when they sit to your right. ...
by Audacity
Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:50 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: Gay Parades
Replies: 28
Views: 2244

Re: Gay Parades

I think we should demonize red headed left handers. You know, those people who refuse to get a decent tan and take offense when asked if the carpet matches the drapes, and are always complaining they need special scissors, can openers, and are always bumping your elbow when they sit to your right. W...
by Audacity
Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:41 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution
Replies: 1164
Views: 53777

Re: RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution

Audacity: Einstein could never have come up with his theories of relativity if he hadn't disagreed with Newton. But Einstein also admited that his previous view of a Godless universe in a "Steady State" was his worst blunder. Course, that doesn't mean his view of God was the same as is a Christian'...
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:45 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

So what, abortion isn't cruel because it's our decision and not Gods? *Sigh* For some pregnant people no doubt it is, but whether it is or not doesn't absolve god of the cruelty he inflicts on expectant parents. Your complaint isn't about wrongness/rightness of abortion, Of course my complaint isn'...
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:12 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

PaulSacramento wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Storyteller wrote:So what, abortion isn't cruel because it's our decision and not Gods?
*Sigh* For some pregnant people no doubt it is, but whether it is or not doesn't absolve god of the cruelty he inflicts on expectant parents.
Do you believe in God?
I'm an agnostic.
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:10 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

Storyteller wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Storyteller wrote:So what, abortion isn't cruel because it's our decision and not Gods?
*Sigh* For some pregnant people no doubt it is, but whether it is or not doesn't absolve god of the cruelty he inflicts on expectant parents.
Why sigh?
Because it assumes something that's never even been hinted at.
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:06 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

So, Audacity, WHAT is your point???!!! What has THAT got to do with intentional abortion? That abortion isn't the only process that's taking potential lives. God seems to be letting fetuses develop for 20-28 weeks before killing them off, yet I don't hear anyone condemning him for it. In his infini...
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:14 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution
Replies: 1164
Views: 53777

Re: RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution

I agree that evolutionary scientists that disagree with an evolutionary theory or mechanism still believe in molecules to man. There really aren't many choices. Either life as we see it arose somehow by a natural mechanism or by the hand of a higher power. Who might these " evolutionary scientists ...
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:43 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

Storyteller wrote:So what, abortion isn't cruel because it's our decision and not Gods?
*Sigh* For some pregnant people no doubt it is, but whether it is or not doesn't absolve god of the cruelty he inflicts on expectant parents.
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:27 am
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

Okay... Why do I condemn abortion (and to be clear it's the act not the person) but I don't condemn God? Because, as a beliver in God and Christ, I think only God has the right, and wisdom, to take our lives. Abortion, in particular, just seems cruel and heartless, if you don't want a child, don't ...
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:17 am
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

Hortator wrote:I believe the answer to your question, Audacity, is 42.
Which is about as relevant as any I've received. *thumbs up*
by Audacity
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:11 am
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

Audacity... So you think God is wrong to allow these babies to die yet abortion isn't wrong? The issue isn't a matter of what I think, but why people have no trouble condemning abortion, but don't condemn god for letting a baby go almost full term and then letting it die when he could have prevente...
by Audacity
Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:32 pm
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't
Replies: 81
Views: 6023

Re: A Beautiful Life - Almost Wasn't

Audacity... So you think God is wrong to allow these babies to die yet abortion isn't wrong? The issue isn't a matter of what I think, but why people have no trouble condemning abortion, but don't condemn god for letting a baby go almost full term and then letting it die when he could have prevente...
by Audacity
Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:12 pm
Forum: Humor and Jokes
Topic: why i am losing faith in humanity
Replies: 6
Views: 999

Re: why i am losing faith in humanity

A minister, priest and rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them somewhat disdainfully and asks, "What is this, a joke?"