Search found 3464 matches

by Kenny
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

Kenny wrote: I don't know what else to tell ya. Tell me, and others that have spent time having discussions with you, how you actually understand what is put forth to you, before you just dismiss what is said, solely because you don't like the implications. Put forth logical reasons for what you're...
by Kenny
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:58 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

Kenny, For something to exist eternally, it must be unchanging. Are rocks unchanging? How do you know something eternal can't be in a constant state of change? We went over this before. Were you not paying attention? Anything that is changing, is caused by something else. Which leads logically back...
by Kenny
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:50 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: WLC and the moral argument
Replies: 20
Views: 160

Re: WLC and the moral argument

So Kenny, the reason people in different times and places can have different moral values is that sometimes they get it wrong. Is it fair to say only people who follow instructions of your God, live according to the morals of your culture, and who live in your current life time get it right? Becaus...
by Kenny
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:39 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

Wow, you just wrote "multiple eternal things". Please state how you would differentiate one from the other. Imagine 2 rocks that have existed eternally. How would you distinguish one from the other? Kenny, For something to exist eternally, it must be unchanging. Are rocks unchanging? How do you kno...
by Kenny
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:55 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

And why can’t there be multiple eternal causes causing effect upon each other? Why can’t there be multiple that are eternal and together are all present? And what do you mean subject to time/space? What’s wrong with the ability to distinguish them? And what’s wrong with that? According to science, ...
by Kenny
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:15 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

You know why there can ONLY be One first cause and that has to do with the attributes that a first cause MUST have, remember? It must be PURE ACTUALITY or else something can effect cause on it. And why can’t there be multiple eternal causes causing effect upon each other? It must be Eternal and all...
by Kenny
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:22 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: WLC and the moral argument
Replies: 20
Views: 160

Re: WLC and the moral argument

I watched a good video recently of William Lane Craig speaking on the case for Christian theism. He mentioned the difference between moral ontology and epistemology, which has been explained on here before in a way I found confusing - that epistemology refers to what is right and wrong, while ontol...
by Kenny
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: WLC and the moral argument
Replies: 20
Views: 160

Re: WLC and the moral argument

That basic morality is but a strategy for the good interactions of society breaks down when we consider that human nature is exceptionally selfish, and that those in power tend to not care what those they have power think or how they are hurt. Plus, the basics of right and wrong transcend to being ...
by Kenny
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:18 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: WLC and the moral argument
Replies: 20
Views: 160

Re: WLC and the moral argument

That basic morality is but a strategy for the good interactions of society breaks down when we consider that human nature is exceptionally selfish, and that those in power tend to not care what those they have power think or how they are hurt. Plus, the basics of right and wrong transcend to being ...
by Kenny
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:26 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: WLC and the moral argument
Replies: 20
Views: 160

Re: WLC and the moral argument

That basic morality is but a strategy for the good interactions of society breaks down when we consider that human nature is exceptionally selfish, and that those in power tend to not care what those they have power think or how they are hurt. Plus, the basics of right and wrong transcend to being ...
by Kenny
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:32 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

Nope. I'm talking about this post of yours. Yes! Only after becoming convinced trees exist. But before becoming convinced, there would have been nothing that I would have called a tree. This refutes nothing I've said. I'm not trying to refute what you said. I'm trying to get you to understand the l...
by Kenny
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:19 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

Of course it's the same. That's why when I said that if I pointed at a tree, and asked you what do you CALL that, you replied, "I would address YOU by telling you it is a tree." I didn't say that; I said I would tell you that it is a PICTURE of a tree, and at this point I've become convinced that t...
by Kenny
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:31 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

RickD wrote: ↑ when you say that there's nothing in existence that you CALL God, that's the same as you ASSERTING that there's nothing in existence that IS God kenny wrote: No it isn’t the same. If I meant “nothing in existence that IS God” I would have said it that way. Of course it's the same. Th...
by Kenny
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:15 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

RickD wrote: ↑ when you say that there's nothing in existence that you CALL God, that's the same as you ASSERTING that there's nothing in existence that IS God kenny wrote: No it isn’t the same. If I meant “nothing in existence that IS God” I would have said it that way. Of course it's the same. Th...
by Kenny
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural
Replies: 108
Views: 1598

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

With that said, when you say that there's nothing in existence that you'd CALL God, I didn't say that. I said There is nothing in existence that I call God See the difference? No. It's the same thing. 1)There's nothing in existence that I call God. 2) There's nothing in existence that I'd (I would)...