Reasons to Believe

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Darwin_Rocks wrote:Okay I really hate doing this but I have to...

Is there a possibility that the power you experienced could be a force that IS NOT God? I mean it seems odd to me that God would PROVE to you in this way that he exists. It contradicts that passage in the Bible where Jesus is tempted by Satan. I don't exactly know what went down but Satan said something like "If you jump off [a building maybe?] won't God save you at the bottom?" to which Jesus (the guy that you guys love) said "Yes but you also cannot question Gods love." which to me seems like a contradiction between the experience Willem experienced.

So if we accept that there are supernatural forces that CANNOT be explained by Science, is there a possibility that this supernatural force was not God?
And Jesus said
Mat 12:26
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Why would Satan who is the only other source want someone to praise God? Satan goes against himself then how will his Kingdom Stand?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

What other force would be performing miracles in the name of God and converting those that are fallen to Christ? Satan would have to be extremely stupid to do that.