Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Vergil
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Vergil »

Storyteller wrote:No, I don't doubt you, it's just you seem to be incredibly wise for someone so young.
You have the soul of a poet, my friend. Have you read anything by Kahil Gibran?

So do you live with your family? Any pets?

Sorry, I am incredibly nosey, I mean curious :mrgreen:

You are a fresh breeze, gentle, cool and stirring y>:D<
I get that all time, my classmates call me "Insane" or sometimes "Wiseman" or "Out of this world" due to my long but deep speeches in class but it's all fun, i honestly don't know who this 'Kahil Gibran' is, forgive me milady.

Well yeah, go stuck in K-12 so it will be a long time before i'm moving out, got 3 siblings (I'm the second born), we got pets before (Crazy yet lovable they are) that are so hard to control, they even want to sleep with you in the bed.

It's okay being nosy (Sometimes) you might learn a thing or two mademoiselle

Ah yes, you must be spending alot of time admiring such beauty that God has created for us
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
rdomke69
Newbie Member

Post by rdomke69 »

Salutations & Greetings to all.
I probably won't be too active on this site but I feel most appreciative to have discovered it. I am a "senior" by age only and not by any measure of knowledge or wisdom to speak of. My walk with the Lord commended at a long-overdue stage of my life and I can't help but feel the loss of time and what the Lord could have done with my life if I had not gotten (obstructively) "in my own way" according to my exercise of free-will (the essence and repository of our capacity for Sin, as I perceive it). At any rate, since circumstances relative to the to the Mortgage & Banking debacle ended my career (and most other plans) I am learning how to acknowledge and trust the matter that everything in existence belongs to God and that we are merely the "agents of stewardship" granted the personal qualities, resources and money to manage and administer according to His will; and we will be called one day to render accountability.
So, for my part, I endeavor to reconnect with humanity while applying the skills and abilities with which He has blessed me, toward serving the logistic and material needs of the church and as I seek His guidance and capacity to relate with and love people
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

:wave: Hi rdomke69,

Welcome here and enjoy.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Welcome rdomke69!
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum rdomke69. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Welcome, aboard, rdomke69!
jonlin2112
Newbie Member

Post by jonlin2112 »

Good morning! My name is Linda. I have a rather difficult question. Think I'm definitely in the right place to ask, its only difficult because I cant remember the name of the Christian scientist, or if he even was a scientist. ...anyway, please bear with me....think it was 2004 or 5 or 6, I watched a fabulous. .awesome dvd with some friends. It was in lecture format. Not sure if it was a school, church or what have you...but his audience was mixed ages. Anyway (ugh) he definitely was a Christian and he had slides of God's universe from that Hubble telescope. As he clicked on each one telling us what were looking at, each galaxy billions of miles away, had a cross.
I'd really love to see this again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure this wasn't his only dvd on the matter of God and science. Thank you!
ICOYAR
Acquainted Member

Post by ICOYAR »

jonlin2112 wrote:Good morning! My name is Linda. I have a rather difficult question. Think I'm definitely in the right place to ask, its only difficult because I cant remember the name of the Christian scientist, or if he even was a scientist. ...anyway, please bear with me....think it was 2004 or 5 or 6, I watched a fabulous. .awesome dvd with some friends. It was in lecture format. Not sure if it was a school, church or what have you...but his audience was mixed ages. Anyway (ugh) he definitely was a Christian and he had slides of God's universe from that Hubble telescope. As he clicked on each one telling us what were looking at, each galaxy billions of miles away, had a cross.
I'd really love to see this again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure this wasn't his only dvd on the matter of God and science. Thank you!
Not enough information.

Search results bring up other (secular) videos on the Hubble Space Telescope.

Can you at least ask your friends if they remember the names?
justmark
Newbie Member

Post by justmark »

Hi All,

I'm Mark. Just joined this community when I found it while searching for God and science. I have a small business which I manage everyday and I also do sales coaching and human resource consultations. My family and I are Christian, however I'm interested in learning more about how we came to be aside from what is written in the Good Book.

I hope to meet and chat with people here.

Thanks.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Welcome Mark y>:D<
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum Mark! :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

A big welcome, Mark! Are you Asian? We need to bump up our members from your part of the world! I think Mongolia is as exotic as our membership now contains. Welcome!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Welcome Mark.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Greetings Mark and Linda.

Welcome to the Forums
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
MauiMichelle
Newbie Member

Post by MauiMichelle »

Hello everyone! I am Michelle...obviously new here, and YES, I am a Christian. What an interesting and exciting website to have found...I am eager to begin reading and learning.