Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
christkenddy
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by christkenddy »

Newly become a member of this amazing community and I am thankful to all of you for to allow me to be a part of this community thanks...
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Welcome to the forum, Kenddy! Tell us about yourself! :esmile:
JasonMax
Newbie Member

Post by JasonMax »

Hello, I'm a new member here from Houston, Texas, and much of my religious work is focused on churches and the proclamation of the gospel. I'm eager to interact and learn with each of you.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

christkenddy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:38 am Newly become a member of this amazing community and I am thankful to all of you for to allow me to be a part of this community thanks...
Welcome, Kenddy :wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

JasonMax wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:11 pm Hello, I'm a new member here from Houston, Texas, and much of my religious work is focused on churches and the proclamation of the gospel. I'm eager to interact and learn with each of you.
Welcome to the forum Jason.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Welcome Kenddy and Jason! We look forward to hearing what's on your minds! :)
Notwbeliever
Newbie Member

Post by Notwbeliever »

Hello!

I used to love reading Richard Deem’s Evidence for God from Science because as a young adult it answered some of my questions. I login now because I have questions about Moses. Is the content on the old site still available??

Either way, I have been a believer since a very young age. I’ve always felt the Holy Spirit calling to me, it’s so hard to explain.

I am glad to see this website but a little confused and disoriented. Can someone guide me please?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hello, Notwbeliever, welcome back to the forum!

Rich is no longer the owner and we have transitioned to new ownership and hosting - which has posed a variety of technical issues. The plan is for the best of the old information to reappear once we have that part ready in the new format. It all has to be transitioned as it was written with a different code. It will happen, it's just going to take some time.

Meanwhile, what questions do you have relating to Moses? We'll be happy to help!

Philip
Notwbeliever
Newbie Member

Post by Notwbeliever »

Hello Philip,

My apologies for the delayed response, I nearly forgot that I signed up for this forum.

That is good to hear that the information is still there and that it will slowly be added for readers to view. I understand some of the information was not current/valid so it will be especially nice to have more scientifically accurate data/information.

I was in a conversation with a family member who recently is questioning their beliefs. They said they've been doing research and that "evidence" of Moses is nowhere to be found; there is no evidence in Egyptian records of a mass exodus of Hebrew people or a famine. To further their side of the debate, they stated that historians have found that many pharaohs were buried in tombs with language such as "I have not killed, I have not committed adultery, I have not stolen" etc. (meaning that Moses did not receive the ten commandments, it was made up by the Egyptians).

I did not bother with a counter argument as I knew it would be moot with that specific person, however, as I understand, Egyptians did not record events that were deemed as setbacks or disasters in their history, and there is actually some archeological evidence of a mass exodus and famine in Egypt.

I came to this site to see what discussions or information there might be on the subject.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hello, Notwbeliever, glad to have you on the site. While the subject of the Exodus hasn't been brought up here in a very long time, it has been discussed. And you are perceptive that Egypt would have blotted ALL historical references to their humiliation in Egypt by Israel's God.

One must remember that the Egyptians worshiped a slate of greater and lesser gods. In fact, the plagues God sent them each targeting and humiliating (exposing as false) a key god of the Egyptians to show them just how powerless they were. And remember, Pharaoh himself was considered a god by the Egyptians. For instance, their most-powerful sun god, RA couldn't keep the sun "up" - as God had the Egyptians experience total darkness for three days: "So Moses stretched out his hand toward heaven, and there was pitch darkness in all the land of Egypt three days. 23 They did not see one another, nor did anyone rise from his place for three days ..." So the Egyptian leadership's rule was tied to their false gods and religion system. So to record such a massive humiliation, looting and exodus from Egypt of its slaves, made a reality by the power of Israel's God, while showing the powerlessness of its supposed powerful gods - well, to acknowledge and record this would have destroyed the pharaoh and his leaders' justification of ruling. Nonetheless, Egypt's false gods were so exposed as powerless that not just Israelites left the stinking, rotting, ruined land of Egypt, as the Bible says that "a mixed multitude also went up with them."

As to your question - look at this series of videos, I think you'll find it quite interesting and compelling. And even though there are scholarly disagreements as to the timing of the exodus, there is much evidence to support the fact that Israel was in fact there, etc.

Start with this series (There are 18 short videos): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... PfPRpSK7yu

Here's the last discussion on godandscience I could find about the exodus - look at the video links: viewtopic.php?p=244140&hilit=Evidence+f ... us#p244140

Let me know what you think!

Hope that helps!

Philip
mariesays
Newbie Member

Post by mariesays »

Kurieuo wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:32 pm I just want to welcome those who do decide to partipate at these the God and Science discussions by becoming a member of the community here. So welcome. :)

Also, be sure to briefly introduce yourself or just say hello within this thread, to let people know you're here (that includes you readers who always scan, but never post ;)).

Kurieuo.
Hi, I am marie, a believer of God.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hello, Marie, welcome to our Godandscience forum!

Tells us about yourself - or just start a discussion! :)

Welcome!
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

AriDom wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:24 am
Philip wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:56 am Hello, Ariel - and welcome to the forum! There is no contradiction between what can be ACCURATELY understood by science and in belief in God.

What part of France are you in?

Tell us about your doubts and struggles with belief.

Thanks, Philip
Hi Philip,
Thank you for your reply.
about your statement about contradiction. Belief in God has always been subjective.
Science is different. The very definition of scientific statement [falsifiable until proven] is different from anyone's belief in God.
AriDom,

I have given you a warning. We do not allow website to some application promotions in User Profile.

-- admin

#foreverinmyheart
zlogdan
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by zlogdan »

Hi, I am from Brazil. 50. I am married and have kids. I work as a software engineer.
Why I am here? Because despite considering myself agnostic, I have always been more partial to those who believe.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

zlogdan wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:00 am Hi, I am from Brazil. 50. I am married and have kids. I work as a software engineer.
Why I am here? Because despite considering myself agnostic, I have always been more partial to those who believe.
zlogdan, welcome to the forum!

Just curious - what has kept you from belief? Any particular issues?

I would say that the honest agnostic is at least open to faith and doesn't avoid information or evidences that might support it. In fact, the question of whether God (or a god) exists is one of the universal questions and pursuits of mankind since the first humans existed. So, are you not at least very curious - wouldn't imagine you'd be here, otherwise.

Again, welcome!